Reviews for Encounters
Tigereye13 chapter 3 . 3/28/2012
One thing that I noticed:

she wasstill(Did fanfiction decide that the space wasn't needed since sometimes the site does that?) a woman currently clad in nothing but a thin piece of fabric.

Ah, Ace, having fun are you? Work all day scrubbing dishes and then sleep in the same room with a pretty woman. Just wondering, do you decide Ace's sexual orientation based on the story or do you think of Ace as Bi? Just wondering.

Staring contest with a wall, pretty sure that the walls wins by default. Unless you attack the wall or something but unless you destroy it, which Ace can easily due, you won't win.

With that woman behind the counter I have to wonder why any customers stay. I guess because its cheap, but really don't say that your customer is a whore for trying to get a room for another person. Lazue didn't admittedly go to the thought of putting Ace into her room, implying that they weren't going to do anything. Also, for all this woman knows, as well as us the audience, Lazue could be a homosexual. And just because a woman is in the presence of a guy, doesn't make her a whore. Also, what about the male customers that come by? Somehow I doubt this woman calls them manwhores. Sorry for the little rant, just a topic that irks me a bit.
ghostlyangel chapter 3 . 3/28/2012
I'm really liking this story so far. Poor Ace alone in a room with a hottie, well not even a room, a BED! Yikes.

I've worked kitchens before (though maybe not a rustic one as such) and your detail of what goes on in one was good. I could so picture it. Piles of plates and a oven that won't work right. haha. Been there, done that.

Looking forward to see what happens next :) Thanks for the update. And I just realized it's only Wednesday. You are spoiling us!
Ysaye chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
Oh, Ace finally got caught in his eat-and-run... looking forward to how he'll do as a part-time worker.

I personally thought with the heavy drinking habits of the Whitebeards they'd probably have their own brewery on board. Or abducted a skilled brewer to build up one. Might make another nice FF... ;-)
AceIsTheOnly chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
Poor people who died. I like how you describe Ace here! I also like the girls name. What a lovely name! :D
Tigereye13 chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
Well, at least Ace realized that he was tricked, and as a man of his word he won't quite. Just get lost.

I think Tool is an odder name than Lazue, personally. Though I wonder what the chief's name is.

I like the shifting around of OCs. It gives a nice feel to the story.
lilyoftheval5 chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
Really intriguing since I have no idea how you'll develop this...
Writing bunny chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Good story.
Tigereye13 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
I really like the fact that you take the time to build up your OC a bit and show some of her personality. A lot of people that put an OC in don't seem to do it that often or focus mainly on what they are wearing, to the point were I end up scratching my head going, "Why should I care about this character?" There are really just three other stories that I have found in this section of fan fiction that I can actually enjoy the OCs.

I think Whitebread would be shaking his head at what Ace has gotten himself into and hit him for good measure. Whitebread after all seems to believe in a bit of tough love when needed. And Ace letting himself get tricked into working off a debt instead of just leaving would probably be one of those moments.

Oh, just wondering, is this set in the world of One Piece or an AU? I think it is the world of One Piece but I just want to make sure.
HeartOfNewcastle chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
great story! LOVE how ur getting ace to work for her lol! keep it up cuz i want more .
Rio chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Very interesting start. I hope to read more.
ghostlyangel chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
That was a great first chapter. I normally don't like OC-centric stories, but this one looks fun. Of course, coming from you, I knew it would be good even before I started. That was a very good viewpoint of "Asce" from a 3rd party perspective. I'm looking forward to the next chapter :)
Teruul chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Uhuhuu, now this looks promising! This is you Ace/OC story, yes? I've never really been fond of pairing characters with OC's, but since it was you, of course I read it. And now, I'm glad I did :D This has certainly captured my interest, it seems like it could become something really cool :3

Bhahah, how Lazue connected Ace's name with the word ass, it made me giggle xD And Ace's leisure attitude makes it all the more fun, I loved the comment "I'm a pirate, it's what I do."

Can't wait for more!