Reviews for Encounters
Charlie's Rat chapter 20 . 9/3/2012

You CANNOT kill off Thatch! Absolutely NOT! I forbid you to! D:
You could make this story very original by soiling Thatch's plan to kill Thatch and steal the fruit, and make Ace and Lauze go hunt the other member's of Blackbeard's crew, (fucking shit up on the way, stumbling across Luffy in Alabasta, dining and dashing, ...)

Tigereye13 chapter 20 . 8/25/2012
There are three things that you might want to change:

Even in this the("this the" does not sound right next to each other, so I suggest dropping one of them.) short period of time they were starting to feel like her sisters and the trust was beginning to solidify.

the first time she'd gotten drunk on the ship n(e)ary a year prior and belted out a tuneless song.

We're(Were) you hoping I could provide you with advice for something, or what?"

I have finally found time to read the latest chapter. Just moved back into my college dorm this past week and helped out with my club trying to attract new members to our club, so I haven't had much time to read this and leave a review.

I like how you take the time to describe this island that Ace and crew go to. What makes it different from other islands and what is considered precious to the people of the island. You also talked a bit about the culture which helps give more of a feel for this island. Actually you have done a good job with all the various islands that have been brought up here, but I think I haven't said anything before.

So, Ace has found another Devil Fruit book. And what is the free book that he picked up? Maybe it will be important, maybe it won't be. I'm leaning more towards it having some importance, since you like to drop little details and plot points that will become something either soon or will take some time to develop into something.

Ah, Lazue is having fun. Good to see that she has made some friends on the ship. Oh dear, this Mabel is going to have her heart broken. I don't know too much about her, but I have seen enough to already feel bad for her. Falling in love with Thatch...

And Teach's interest in the Yami Yami no Mi is being shown. Most people should know what all of this is building up to. So good job starting to pepper the story with details that should start to click with readers. I wonder how many people started to yell mentally, "Lazue, don't show him anything on that fruit!" Since as a reader, I know what happens but the characters in the story have no clue what will happen. Well, unless you want to brake the fourth wall but that has to be handled carefully.
AceIsTheOnly chapter 20 . 8/22/2012
:0 ...
ghostlyangel chapter 20 . 8/22/2012
Ooh bringing Teach into it. That is an awesome touch with the storyline! This was a fun chapter. And one more book to add to the collection. yay!
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 19 . 8/16/2012
Aw, Ace misses her! That's cute. And I love Marco and Thatch. Their arguments make me giggle. Update soon!
xaikawilleatyoursoul chapter 19 . 8/9/2012
The Ace point of view part was awesomely written, in my humble opinion. I can never write good fighting scenes. :

I loved the chapter, AS USUAL. :P
Tigereye13 chapter 19 . 8/9/2012
Just one thing that you might want to change: and put enough distance between her and them before Ace left(let) out a punch packed with fire.

Well, Lazue is settling in nicely to the Moby Dick. So, she is making friends with some of the other women on board of the ship I take it. And she has gotten used to being with Marco and Thatch. It is nice to see how Lazue and Ace are when away from each other.

Well, Ace seems to be having a good time blowing ships sky high.

Its a good chapter but I really don't have that much to say about it. Fun to read.
darkfalkon chapter 19 . 8/8/2012
Nice, I see what you are doing with Ace's character here, it make sense in the context of canon, it's more development than in other AcexOC stories, and better handled too. You have really nice style of writing, it's just enjoyable to read. Any way is Lazue pregnant yet? The chapter has bit of that feeling.
Charlie's Rat chapter 19 . 8/8/2012
Oh gosh, I remember when this story only had 3 chapters! :O
It's been way too long that I've bothered to review! I really like this story and I like what you've done about the whole Marine vs Priate thing, should they be really brutal or should they be big softies? Anyway, I just love Lazue and how you made her inhale the pie. Maybe next time she should eat scones with thick white cream and strawberry jam ;) (note; whenever they're near I scoff them)

But what I really want to know is: Will Ace and Lazue ever encounter the Straw-hat crew?
I've always wondered how Ace would awkwardly introduce Lazue to Luffy. Anyway, I love your writing style and love how you're always so reliable to update soon! :D I hope to read more soon! 3 Charlie's Rat
xaikawilleatyoursoul chapter 18 . 8/2/2012
Do I really have to say it? Fine. I LOVED THIS CHAPTER. Hahahaha. Like usual!

Kudos to you. :)
Tigereye13 chapter 18 . 8/1/2012
First, some things that you might want to change:

midair and drop to the ground belong. (I suggest either putting "where they" between ground and belong or changing belong to "below".)

sheltering Lazue under his body as he grabbed for a(remove) Marco's neck,

"I am the bird.(")

but they reverted back to a paler hue the longer (s)he blew on them,

"You seriously have to sell that merchant ship because you captured( )it?"

Some of the nurses have them, and they're (the) only other ladies on the ship, save for a few wives of some of the men.

Anyway, it was a fun chapter to read. Watching Lazue start to get to know some of the pirates on the ship is good. She has a good start here, trying to piece together what is true and false of pirates from what she's heard.

It is also nice to see how some of the pirates are like on the ship. Seeing as Thatch is alive, I guess part of the story will involve his death and the war at Marineford. Or you might choose to stop before those events but they seem like a possibility within the story.
anonymous chapter 17 . 7/27/2012
This is so awesome *_* I love your writing too! Please update soon!
Tigereye13 chapter 17 . 7/25/2012
I didn't get a chance to read this chapter until now, and it is really good. Ace and Lazue having sex seemed realistic from the point of view of what led up to them finally doing it. They've been traveling together for a while so developing sexual desire for each other is possible, especially given their ages.

And Marco appears! I'm assuming that he has just gotten there, probably in the morning or a few minutes before Lazue came out.

Anyway, it should be interesting to see how the Whitebeard Pirates take to Lazue and how she takes to them.
xaikawilleatyoursoul chapter 17 . 7/25/2012

The usual 'I LOVED IT'. But this time, add in a little bit of 'Oh my god' as well. ;D I loved the Marco part, because, come on, everybody loves Marco. AND THE SEXY PARTS WERE THE BEST. ;_; You rock, sensei. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. I'd love to see the reactions of the Whitebeard Pirates, and of course, old man Edward Newgate himself! O:

If you like...

you can update early. ;3
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 17 . 7/23/2012
Yay, Marco's here! He's one of my favorite characters, right behind Ace and Zoro. And I hope Ace gets all possessive and protective of her. It would be cute. Update soon!
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »