Reviews for Encounters
Sayonara Yasashii Akumu chapter 17 . 7/22/2012
You might want to warn the audience about the explicit scene next time and bump the rating up to "M." Otherwise, good job! I really enjoy the characters so far and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
darkfalkon chapter 17 . 7/22/2012
nice piece of eroticism, although Lazue could have been taking more active part in it.
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 16 . 7/19/2012
Lazue's luck really is a stinker, isn't it? Does Ace know she's reading the letters? It can technically be considered an invasion of privacy... Update soon!
Guest chapter 16 . 7/19/2012
" "What kind of devil spawned you?" she had asked him." You told .me that would come back in the story and it did! I love how your stories always have things that do or don't stick out, but always come back later in the story. Like with Phoenix in Forbidden Fruits and his ability to always stay alive.

I like how you brought Sabo up in this chapter and Lazue got to see he's more than a pirate. The pacing of their relationship has been written well and realistically.
darkfalkon chapter 16 . 7/19/2012
oh, you sure set appropriate mood for the things that are about to happen. On the critical note, they can't be sailing ship that big just by themselves. If the ship was prepared for several hundred they would need at least few tens to sail it, I'd say about a dozen would be absolute minimum for going anywhere, fore more precise maneuvers the size of the crew should be even bigger. It's hard to say, but it seems that standard Navy in One Piece vessels have crews consisting of 50-200 people - bigger vessels usually carry some higher ranking Marines like Vice Admirals, who are stronger than normal Marines, yet presence of such a person hadn't been noted in previous chapter. Historically both Galleons and ships of the line had crews consisting of several hundreds so ship that big isn't abnormal either. Any way ship that big would have enough provisions even for Ace. Even taking aside the fact that such ship is very inconvenient to escape and staying in hiding, as it would be too easy to spot. It just make no sense, on such a big ship the two of them would just be drifting). Also if I'm not mistaken, ship that big should posses small sailing boats as part of equipment, or smaller boats should accompany it on a missions. It would make much more sense to use one of them for the escape.
Of course, I'm aware the value of shock that the presumed death of several hundreds of people bring, but it's rather clumsily done here, especially since Ace isn't character, who would go for needless killing, it made much more sense in previous chapter, where destruction of the ship was done for the benefit of fighting fishermen.
Resha Tsubaki chapter 16 . 7/19/2012
And it was not Wednesday in my country. And it was 5am. But I think I forgive you. I think.
It's sad Jaunis died ( But I guess Ace won't see any of his family anymore. Now, only Lazue, Luffy and his crew are left.
Sorry, not inspired for this review... But you forgive me, right ?
AikaWusHereRawr chapter 16 . 7/19/2012
AS USUAL; I LOVED IT. T_T How do you write like this? It amazes me to no end. And, yay, for the sexy chapter. xD Have fun writing it. (Y) I'll remind you when it's getting close to Wednesday again, hahahahaha. (A)
Tigereye13 chapter 16 . 7/19/2012
First, just one thing you might want to change: "I know what it feels like to lose someone close to you.(") I've heard that sometimes not only destroys spaces but sometimes put of the text. And it might have gotten rid of the end quotation marks.

Well, the character development is going well so far. Lazue should probably start trying to gain control of her powers at some point but it does take time to learn how to control one's devil fruit power, as Luffy's flashback to his childhood showed.

So, the next chapter will be having something sexual. Well, that makes sense since Ace has been having some sexual feelings developing for her for a while now so it shouldn't feel forced since you have been building up the fact that Ace and Lazue are developing some feelings for each other, along with traveling with each other for weeks and that is bound to lead to something happening.

Good chapter.
AikaWusHereRawr chapter 15 . 7/12/2012
Wednesday updates, right? :D I CAN'T WAIT. I'm in LOVE WITH THIS.
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 15 . 7/11/2012
Lazue needs to... stop being naive, I guess. She has the same view as Vivi did in the Alabasta arc. She wants to keep people from dying, but people are going to die anyway. There are some things in the world worth dying- and killing- for. Update soon!
Tigereye13 chapter 15 . 7/9/2012
Lazue freaking out and well, everything that happened in this chapter makes sense for her. She never wanted to be a pirate, she was a law abiding citizen before, and you have told enough to explain why she dislikes the idea of killing someone. She reacted upon instinct with her powers when she saw Ace being attacked, which makes sense. You see someone you've become close to getting attacked, you're going to react with whatever you can to help them, even if you end up regretting it.

The villagers were going to fight even if they hadn't known that Ace was Rouge's son I'd bet. I have no clue what the state of the village is after they get away, but I don't see it as being anything good. The Marines that survived will probably kill them and cover up what happened. If Ace killed all the Marines then other Marines are bound to show up to find out what happened, so if any of the villagers did survive they'll probably be hunted down.

Jaunis, why? I knew that she was going to die, but it is still so sad. And somehow, I don't think that Bleu ending up being much better. If you don't touch on his fate I'll just assumed that he survived but might be missing an arm. It makes me a little happier, but he is probably dead. He wasn't looking that good, but some people have lived through worst so I have a bit of hope for him and the rest of his family.
Tigereye13 chapter 14 . 7/9/2012
Two things that you might want to change:

Is there be anything in my mother's room that could change me? ("Will there be anything in my mother's room that could change me?" or "Is there anything in my mother's room that could change me?")

Garp had never told him what kind of a relationship his biological father had had(Not sure if both had's are needed in a row. Style choice I guess since I have seen people do this before.) with his mother,

Ace exploring around his mother's room and trying to find something to help him know more about his mother was a very nice scene. Ace finding things that helped him but at the same time never gave him too much was something enjoyable to read.

I also like how you do portray the different aspects of Ace. I have seen too many fanfictions where an author will focus solely on a character's goofy side or their serious side or whatever else side they have and forget that there is more to that person. So seeing Ace being Ace and not just serious or goofy Ace is nice.

I like the focus of this chapter being on Ace a bit more. It was fun to read.
Tigereye13 chapter 13 . 7/9/2012
First, two things that I thought you might want to know about/change:

I think Bleu's name was spelled Blue somewhere last chapter.

"...but copies of the same book which were then distributed amongst people who swore to keep the(remove) them safe."

Anyway, I like actually how Ace is having Lazue on his mind less unless prompted by something. Since it doesn't seem to be in character for him to be thinking of her all the time. When she was hurt and he sees it as his fault, it makes sense. But once he knows that she is recovering he doesn't think about her all the time. And I like the fact that he returns to what he wanted to know about after he got to the house.

Why do I think the marines, or maybe pirates, are going to be coming and causing some sort of trouble on this island. His grandmother mentions that she isn't long for this world and one of the old men hinted at Bleu maybe trying to take on someone that he can't take on with the spark of insanity comment.

I do want Lazue to learn how to use her power, not too quickly but put actual effort into trying to learn how to control her power. I like how she is putting effort into learning what her devil fruit power.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/9/2012
A crazy, enjoyable old lady. For some reason crazy characters are so fun to read about when done right and I say you have nailed the fun crazy lady just fine. Well, if you were going for that.

Ah, that appetite runs in the family, doesn't it? Or is it with anyone who is a D.? I really like the fact that Jaunis is encouraging Lazue to learn about her powers and isn't going to let her stay in a state of self-pity. Not much else to say about this chapter other than the fact that I like it.
Tigereye13 chapter 11 . 7/8/2012
I like the fact that you didn't have Lazue have amnesia, since most times people write someone having amnesia they do it so that the character and people close to them can angst about it. So, thank you for avoiding the angst device.

Ace's imagination about old men gossiping about a possible marriage while gutting fish just made me laugh for a good minute at the image. What do the men have in mind for Ace?

Showers are nice when your achy, they seem to help out. Hmm, did that dress belong to Rouge once or to Violet?
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »