Reviews for Nothing To Him
loveislouder94 chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
You write Slytherin!Lily, too, I love Slytherin!Lily! Okay, now that I've proclaimed that, I'll move on to the actual review. I really enjoyed this, you used second person really well and gave a detailed and enjoyable insight into Lily's mind. I love the way you demonstrate why she's in Slytherin, such as the way that she considers pitting Teddy and Victoire against each other, rather than bravely telling him of her feeling as a Gryffindor would, it's so clever!
Nice work!
Ralinde chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Slytherin!Lily is my headcanon as well and I think this look on Teddy and Victoire's relationship is rather different, usually I see them written happy-sappy. I liked the detail of all the Weasley girls having had a crush on Teddy at some point in their lives, because that rings true to me. All other males around were cousins or brothers when they grew up. I also like stories where Lily and Roxanne have a close bond.
the lola chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Slytherin Lily is my fav! I loved this a lot, it was a great reflection on Lily's character and a depiction of their relationship (which is a pairing I love) which I think is realistic. Your descriptions of the Teddy/Victoire relationship was great because you didn't have to go into specific scenarios but the way it was described was a way in which I could just really picture their back and forth, quite destructive relationship, and the flow was kept really even. Yeah, this is great.
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
This was great! I adore Slytherin!Lily, as you know, and I quite like unrequited!TeddyLily too. It makes sense that most of the Weasley girls had crushes on him at some point, and so sad that Lily can't get over hers. :( I thought it was interesting that Teddy and Victoire had such an unstable relationship because it's pretty different from the cliché for them, and I think in a way it makes things even more painful for Lily, because she keeps getting her hopes up.

One thing I thought about this is that the paragraphs are all pretty much the same length, and there's a lot of detail packed into it which makes it kind of harder to read. Harder to get into, anyway. If you varied the paragraph lengths it would be a bit easier on the eyes. On the whole I think the second person was pretty good, although it seemed a little awkward in a couple of places - but I appreciate that this is nearly a year old!

Anyway, I really enjoyed this, and I like how you included Lily's feelings from when she was young and described how they developed. Well done :)
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
This was really great and I loved it :) I love Slytherin!Lily (I feel like at least one of the Potter children should be in that House) and I really liked what you did with her in this.
The fact that you did this so nicely while in second person was awesome too.
Great work!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
On the whole, I tend to prefer Vic/Teddy/Dom triangles, but I have quite the soft spot for unrequited!Lily/Teddy. Which you wrote brilliantly here - I love the dysfunctional relationship between Teddy and Vic, and how Teddy and Lily get along, but he doesn't notice. Reminds me of Les Mis. :) Anyway, this was nicely done and I enjoyed the use of the second person as well.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
This is a wonderful use of second POV. I think of Lily as a Slytherin and Roxie as the youngest cousin too :) I like how you incorporate the whole family and Lily and Roxie's friendship. Favorite line: "What could you do to damage their relationship that's worse than how they damage it themselves?"
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
This turned out great! I adore Tedoire, and I found it incredibly amusing that relationship was so...volatile. I love angsty, and well poor Lily and the feels from this...:) I like Slytherin!Lily as well ;) aweosme job! She remind sme of me,,.kind of, i highyl doubt I could ever ask a boy out hahaa
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Very angsty, but it works I think! And I love Slytherin!Lily too now XDD You guys have made her grow on me :D
weasleyjumper chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Is Roxanne a lesbian in this? I've never read gay!Roxanne, it was good. I love the story! It was brilliant!
Morghen chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
First thing's first, I practically squealed when I saw that this was in the second person! There's just something about reading/writing in the second person that I adore; I guess I just find that it flows better most of the time. You did a great job writing in it, too, because I've read some fics in it and it just felt awkward.

And the pairing! It's been a while since I've read a good Lily/Teddy so I was excited to find this one by you! I used to really ship them, but I haven't been too into them lately. But this fic reminded me why I liked them in the first place. There is just something very right about the pairing, even when it's unrequited. I mean, the way you showed that Teddy was practically the only unrelated male in Lily's life it just made it that much more believable that a crush would form.

I really liked your characterization of Lily. There's obviously no canon personality so I've read a variety of different characterizations for her, but I have to say that Slytherin!Lily is probably one of my favorites. You really showed why she was placed in Slytherin, but did not make her some evil, opposite-of-Harry character, either. I liked how she wished at one point that she had been a Gryffindor so she would've had the courage to ask out Teddy.

As much as I dislike Victoire/Teddy, I have to say I liked the way you portrayed their relationship in this fic. I see way too many overly happy relationships in fanfiction and it's just unbelievable. Their relationship in this was very realistic and unique. The idea of them breaking up all of the time, but always seeming to find their way back to one another really appealed to me for some reason. Maybe because it showed that Victoire really wasn't as perfect as Lily thought she was since Victoire was unable to either end the relationship with Teddy for good or just make it work.

"It would be like a fairytale come true, but then fairytales don't come true"

I really liked that line for some reason. It summarized really how that, even though Harry Potter is set in a magical world, that not everything is perfect and fairytale-esque.

Great job with this! I really enjoyed reading it.

-Morghen
lowi chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Wow, Jess, this is absolutely brilliant. I don't like TedVic, as you know, but I think it was the perfect pairing to have as the reason for Lily's unrequited feelings for Teddy, you know?

And Slytherin!Lily-you write her soooo good! It was a really long time ago since I read a story where the author really used the differences of houses and eveloped that a bit further, so that was really great to read!

And the second person works very well, the story really gains something from being in that POV, so good work on that!

And I also like lesbian!Roxanne, as you know, so that was a nice little touch!

Fabulous work, luv!
what.it.takes chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Really, really good! I love how you portrayed Lily, and the Teddy-Victoire relationship was really interesting. Great job!
sydneysages chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Aww, this was really sad, Jess! I love the teddyvictoire [otp, yo, for ng] and it was really amazing how you did it in 2nd person, from lily's perspective! it was a really enjoyable read!

you got her feelings across perfectly, and I really do like how you did it!

vicky xx
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Aww poor Lily. I like the Lily/Teddy pairing for some reason. Probably because I like the angstiness of her watching him and Victoire fight and being the odd one out. I always picture Victoire to be a lot like Fleur. Anyway this is really well written and I like how Lily thinks on how at first she was happy for them and then how she wishes she was in Victoire's place. And the idea of Teddy coming to Lily to complain is just so sad. I like that last paragraph too. "If you were a Gryffindor..." Really nice.