Reviews for The Bridge
Aria Breuer chapter 2 . 6/30/2014
Nicely handled, well-written story. Everyone was in-character. I liked the conversations between Bilbo and Frodo, and also Frodo and Celebrian.

Good work. I'm going to put this story in my community, 'A Hobbit's Comeback', on this site. I hope this is all right.

Aria Breuer
dreamflower02 chapter 2 . 8/30/2012
How beautiful! I love the care that the Elves are taking of Frodo, and Olorin's comforting presence in his life! I also love the talk with Celebrian as well. She too understands what sundering means.

This is a lovely story!
dreamflower02 chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This is absolutely beautiful! I love the deep affection between these two, the way you show it, along with Bilbo's deep wisdom, and Frodo's as well. Yes, Frodo will mourn, how could he not?
Elentari3018 chapter 2 . 6/26/2003
aw...that really nearly made me cry! That was touching, poignant in EVERY way... anyone who has had to deal with the loss of a loved one can definitely feel the pain that Frodo has... Death is hard.. to anyone whether that person is old or young... Once again, you capture the emotions perfectly ... I especially like how Celebrian comes to talk to Frodo at the end... and the paragraphs Frodo has about Bilbo strikes a chord in my heart and really makes me want to cry...

Great job, Arien! )
Kora chapter 2 . 7/22/2002
this one was just as beautiful. it was sweet and touching. vonderful.
Ron's Girl chapter 2 . 6/4/2002
Beautiful, beautiful heart-breaking story. You capture Frodo perfectly; one of the things I especially love is that you portray Frodo in book-canon.. as a 50-year-old, instead of 18.

You did a wonderful job with Celebrian as well. I've always imagined that she and Frodo would share a special bond, since both were wounded by the Enemy and sought healing in the West, and, in a way, Frodo took her daughter's place in the Blessed Realm..

The dream sequence at the end brought me to tears (again!) - you excel at that, you know! :)

Will definitely be looking for more from you...
brittney chapter 2 . 6/1/2002
Oh my gosh! That was sooo sweet and sooo sad, the best Frodo/Bilbo fic I've ever read! Thank you!
HeidiCat chapter 2 . 5/31/2002
Wonderful, just wonderful. You seem to be able to say so much, yet with so few words. And yes, you made me cry again! (urf, I am so weak)
acorngirl chapter 2 . 5/29/2002
Beautiful. Your work puts my scribblings to shame.
Celandine Brandybuck chapter 2 . 5/28/2002
Oh, my. I don't usually cry for stories *reaching for tissue*. Could nitpick about a few phrases but I shan't. Really well-imagined - thanks!
Mish chapter 2 . 5/27/2002
This is wonderful, Arien. I love your writing. :) Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Well-written and beautiful...all of it!
Watson chapter 2 . 5/27/2002
Nicely done. Very touching to end with a memory rather than (as others have done) have Frodo pining unto death for the loss of Bilbo. We grieve, but we remember, and we carry on. Lovely.
shirebound chapter 2 . 5/27/2002
Beautiful, just beautiful. Your writing just takes my breath away.
Hope33 chapter 2 . 5/27/2002
*cries*

arien, this is gorgeous. i thought the first part was fantastic, but the both of them together... ah!

-Hope
Liz Huisman chapter 2 . 5/26/2002
Oh, arien. Goodness.

(this is me, moose_y, by the way!)