Reviews for Golden Brown
roseflorintine chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I really loved this story. I can just imagine Bella laying in her bed, with that gnawing pain in her chest. She must've been so heartbroken when she came home and the man she loved was just gone, apparently abandoning her. You're really good with angst, and I wish I could write as well as you. But I wish you would've continued this, and at least let us know what happened to these two unlikely, yet sweet lovers.
mostly a lurker chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
absolutely fabulous! i feel you captured the brutal lostness of soul that happens in this level of addiction. i'm so glad you had Edward do for Bella what Carlisle did for Edward. and i REALLY love that you left it open-ended/vague instead of tying it up with a neat HEA bow.

thanks for writing and sharing,

mal
Mrstrentreznor chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
put the junkie down and step away edward... no good can come of this - her brain is friend if she didn't even recognise him. And his own addictions are still too close to risk it.
DMBSJB18 chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Ummmm this cannot end there! I'm dyyyiiinnnggg! So good.

I'm sad that bella got left behind like that. Her life sounds miserable. So miserable. I want to cry for her. And im irrationally mad at edward for leaving her behins. Irrational, i know.
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
"Bright orange colored plastic beside her bed catches my attention, hair thin metal winking at me in the dull light. Metal, burned and twisted sits upon a book, asking to be touched. She still keeps her little tin, the pretty one with the flowers on it, all battered and dented from years of use." - I really loved that. To me, it lent the whole story an amazing air of realism. I like what you did with this prompt, and I loved the ending. I can see them in my mind's eye, paused mid-step as the movie ends, everything fading to black. I say 'movie' because that's how this felt when I read it. Well done and thanks for writing!
SassyK chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Heartbreaking what addiction does to people. I thought you did a good job of telling us how difficult it was for him to resist the temptations of his past life. I'm glad he was able to, though, and wanted to help her, too. Nicely done and thank you for writing.