Reviews for The Changing of the Guard
RedneckGeek chapter 1 . 2/22
Nice job. I can totally see Sokka and Suki being Korra's grandparents. And I see Senna being their daughter. I always wished Sokka had more of a role in LoK.
Dante 101 chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Well, this was pretty good story and theory you have here.
FlamyAngelwings chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
So, does that make Tenzin like, Korra's second cousin? Or First Cousin Once Removed?
ChelberNo1 chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
mind blown
Avatarlover123 chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
interesting theory i must admit
MyHikari chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
I love your theory and kind of came to that conclusion on my own, however, if this were the case, then ut would be Senna who is Sokka's daughter or granddaughter as Tonraq was from the Northern Water Tribe, poised to be chief, but abdicated and gave the role to his brother Unalaq before moving to the South Pole and meeting Senna.
Taeniaea chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
cool story
Manga154 chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
I never thought of this, I haven't had the time to watch the full shows or any in resent times, but you have made a perfect set up for something that could become an Avatar anniversary episode.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Just going to add my two cense here...

I'm pretty sure when they said that 'Korra's not related to them (Katara and Sokka) in anyway, they meant she wasn't related to them in any way, not SOME way.

And really, my argument usig the basic rules of the english lamguage in forming sentences isn't even needed. The creators have published and official family tree spanning the two series, and Senna and Tonraq have no ties to Sokka, Katara, Hakoda or even Aang, though Korra might be shown to have a tie to him in the way that she is his reincarnation.

So while the idea works in this story, and I hink the story is lovely, and really quite touching, I think perhaps you should look at that family tree, and amend your post-story statement.
Baby Flash chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I heard the same thing: That Korra was Sokka and Sukis' grandkid...
Ower chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Interesting.

Writen quit nicely. Through Yue comming in and explaining everithing fellt a bit too much. But the flow was nice and the rest was good.
Redbayly chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Love this. I wrote a one-shot with a similar thing implied, only in my one it revolves around Senna being Sokka's daughter, implying that he is Korra's granddad. I think your assumption is pretty spot-on, Korra just has so much of a Sokka-like lifestyle (especially in her table-manners). Great job.
Genderfluid and Green chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
...
Korra isn't related to Sokka.
Unfortuantely. :'(
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Interesting theory. I haven't actually watched past the second episode. (My schedule does not allow for awake-ness on weekend mornings.) You're right about Korra and Tenzin's interactions, though, and come to think of it, she does act like Sokka. *laughs*
flowerpower71 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
A good friend of mine actually has this same theory. And to be honest when I first saw Korra I immideatley thought that she looked very similar to Sokka.

Now at the points that you made at the end of this fic does make it seem like a very strong possibilty that the two are realated. (Which would be AWESOME!)

Anyway as far as the actual fic goes you did an excellent job. The dialoge was great and you really managed to capture Sokka's fear for his "grandaughter" and the sadness that he and Katara had when Aang passed.

I also really liked the Avatar test and how you used the bison whistle. Overall this was a great fic. Keep up the good work. :)