Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
Tabhcollins chapter 1 . 3/16
Would it be possible to purchase this in a bound version?
Anexie chapter 2 . 3/15
I almost wasn't going to read this story because of my internalised childhood hatred of Severus Snape. But I'm glad I did. You're a wonderful writer - I love the subtle way you have of showing the downwards spiral of the Prince/Snape marriage (I am only on Chapter 2 at time of writing this review).

I'm Yorkshirian myself but have lived near Colne, and it was a delight to read that town name and the Pendle district. You've done a stunning job capturing the accent, the working class attitudes and opinions, and the mill-worker history of the North West. I can tell it's written with love. Are you also from the area?

Anyway, I am loving this story so far and I'm going to eagerly devour the rest. And thanks again for bringing the nostalgia of Lancashire culture to me, it's really made my day.
this book changed the course of my life
Really beautiful job of incorporating so many other things. And also, bc it’s his story, so very sad.
Not enough comments on this story. Thank you for writing it, although sometimes you whitewash Severus Snape a little too much
Loved every bit of it! Well done!
Guest chapter 3 . 11/23/2021
I am rereading this
John Spangler chapter 64 . 10/21/2021
Best Snape fic ever!
FlowersInAdversity chapter 63 . 9/29/2021
Did I mention you write beautifully? Every time I read the ending, I cry. You did so excellent with this story. The way you stayed up his death and funeral was amazing.
notrealestate chapter 64 . 9/27/2021
Thank you so much for this story. I cried like a bitch reading the last chapter. My life isn't nearly as bad as Snape's (obviously), but for some reason I find myself relating to his loneliness and sadness to a much greater extent then I wish I did.

In this fic Snape doesn't come off as unnecessary petty and mean as in the original, but it can be explained by the fact that it's Severuses POV, from which I can forgive him almost everything. And as much as I hate to admit it (because he is my favourite charcter duh), I do not think it would be so difficult for him to cust something like Cruciatus Curse.

Also thank you for giving him at least someone like Phina (and Hagrid). I doubt that he was supposed to have someone like them in canon, but thank god there was enough gaps in his biography/character to be filled in, and it didn't contradict anything.

The only thing I didn't really like was a one-sided and not really shrewd Voldemort, but I am not here to read about him, am I? Anyway, great story and my heart is wretched again.
notrealestate chapter 59 . 9/26/2021
"Yes, Lord." was a great take
notrealestate chapter 55 . 9/25/2021
I was a relief to find out that at least some of Phina's motives were sincere, it would be too cruel otherwise
notrealestate chapter 50 . 9/23/2021
"Point to Granger. The girl does have a head on her shoulders"
Well mow I kinda regret that's not a SS/HG fic haha
notrealestate chapter 43 . 9/19/2021
wow I hate Harry now
notrealestate chapter 40 . 9/18/2021
I never understood why Snape takes this situation with boggart so personally. It is just a student and how else is one supposed to fight a boggart? Moreover, he as a slytherin shouldn't show everyone that he cares?