Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
slightlysickpsycho chapter 2 . 5/19
I'm curious about you having him go by Russ as a child... Maybe it helps separate who he is from who he becomes
slightlysickpsycho chapter 1 . 5/19
Great start! Your writing is delightful.
Amazing book I loved every bit of it great read and grammar the author should be very proud of their work!
JL
Assasin Nero chapter 3 . 4/30
Why change his name (or shorten it in a weird fashion)? The rest is great
Assasin Nero chapter 2 . 4/30
Quite. long fic, hope fully great. It's all good so far (though it was a chore reading that accent).
Era chapter 39 . 4/23
Actually Moaning Myrtle was a ravenclaw
blackrose9 chapter 64 . 4/5
such a wonderful, sad story. poor severus.

you write very well. it was wonderful to have more depth to his character and to see how harrys growing hatred blinded him. well done.
RedzoneJoe chapter 1 . 3/31
A remarkably well written and well thought-out story. I enjoyed reading every chapter. I'm off now to see what else you've written, because after finishing this one could do nothing less.
Yung Warrior chapter 64 . 3/28
Easily one of the best Snape fics ever written. It is clear that you have a masterful grasp on writing, as well as a love for the source material. Nice job with this one.
HesterValentine chapter 64 . 2/18
This was one of the best fanfictions I've ever read (admittedly, I haven't read many). The few inconsistencies can be put aside as the brilliant storytelling and flow of this is just... it's just remarkable.
redrasbora chapter 64 . 2/17
My heart feels ripped out as well. Amazingly detailed story and really loved that Snape was into science and not ignorant to muggle things. Thank you for brilliant read!
HermyLuna2 chapter 64 . 2/11
This made me tear up; stories about Snape make me tear up more easily than others, but this is probably the best fanfiction ever written. I never understood why people called fanfiction better than the books they're based on, but this story actually IS written in a better way. I think calling this 'the eighth Harry Potter book' is an insult! It's depressing, intelligent, deep and beautifully written.
HermyLuna2 chapter 6 . 2/9
I don't know what it is with your writing style. It's so... deep. You took so much care to portray every event and character. Severus' stammering is super adorable.
HermyLuna2 chapter 5 . 2/9
I had read the first chapter of this story once, but thought it was alternate universe so I stopped reading. Now I'm reading it again and I just had to get used to Severus being called 'Russ, that was all. So far, I think Snape is out of character here. Usually, this bothers me. A lot. Not here though. Snape here is kind of ooc, but he's better. More wonderful than in the books. Your writing style is, without doubt, beautiful, splendid. It's almost a shame that it's 'wasted' on fanfiction. That's the key here, this is better than fanfiction. Snape and Lily's obsession with astronouts is really thoughtful. Is it a metaphor of some sorts? You really have a talent for creating atmosphere and the greater context.
baie-baie chapter 64 . 1/19