Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
Guest chapter 64 . 7/13/2018
Just so that you know, this story has inspired me to write one of my own, called Always, on Wattpad.
Dana chapter 54 . 7/11/2018
That's so sad, though Phina was making me nervous.
Dana chapter 16 . 7/9/2018
No! Don't make his world end like this!
Guest chapter 64 . 5/31/2018
Excellent! Very well written! Congrats!
JoyannaTwinkles chapter 64 . 5/31/2018
Oh. My. God. I have no words. This story was amazing. It should be canon. It should be published. It should be bound in a special edition and placed with my Harry Potter books.
nikole chapter 1 . 5/15/2018
It was a good fanfiction because it gets into the characters personal life a part we haven't seen before. It also fits into one of the category (ship). It's something that would've never happen in the books or movies and it was very interesting to read.
fanfiction chapter 1 . 5/15/2018
Yes this is a good piece of fanfiction. This article is a good piece of fanfiction because as I am reading the text I can imagine what is going on and picture them leaving and the after math of them cleaning up. Also it is good because they're all in the mothers business and learning how to become someone basically and take over. Finally the way fanfiction was being explained made a connection and was a good example of it because they are in your business and wanna be the best.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2018
What was the significance of the quick pain in Snape's arm / Dark Mark burning before the night Voldemort killed James and Lily?
junephillips625 chapter 2 . 4/18/2018
I am reading your work for a second time. The first time I remembered feeling how Snape's parents started a family with the best of intentions, but things deteriorated as difficulties arose. The second time I noticed the warning signs which you laid out, cultural acceptance of spousal abuse, Toby's unrealistic expectations of both his magical wife snd very young son, alcohol abuse, and the evidence of abuse on Gra's arms. During the HP series, we saw the hints of abuse and evidence of neglect in Snape's childhood, but you have so sensitively created the details of his world. You've created relatives who loved him, a mother who cared deeply for him, but may not have been equipped to protect her son. Great job developing the characters and their relationships.
jaythekoala chapter 64 . 4/16/2018
This story deserves more attention. I don't think there's ever been such an in-depth character study of any of the Harry Potter characters before, let alone such a widely disliked one as Snape. I particularly like the way that you tied together the tidbits we know about Snape from canon - his abusive past, his love of Lily and hatred for certain other characters (James, Sirius, Harry, Neville), his prodigious skill at Occlumency punctuated by occasional meltdowns of rage - and made sense of it all. It's very clear that Snape is not, mentally, an okay character: the extreme detachment from emotions that makes him such a great Occlumens isn't healthy for him, or for those around him. It's also clear that Lily is his lifeline, and continues to be so even after her death - a fact exploited ruthlessly and almost cruelly by Dumbledore. Although the strongest part of this story is the first half (the history of Snape before Harry came on the scene), the latter part was still brilliant in that you showed the hidden depths behind his actions in the books. The idea that he hated James and Sirius (and by extension Harry) less for their treatment of him at school and more because he held them responsible for Lily's death is, I think, a novel one. And yet, given the background you have constructed for him, it makes a great deal of sense.

Overall, all of Snape's relationships - with his family, his classmates and teachers-cum-colleagues, with Dumbledore, with Voldemort and the Death Eaters - were well handled. Some of the particular events I thought needed some suspension of disbelief (he seemed to leave school on almost friendly terms with the Marauders, and his almost-mentoring of young Fred and George was... very odd) but nothing that detracted from the story as a whole. Great work and I'm glad you posted it on this website. Like I said at the outset, it deserves to be read.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/11/2018
Knowing the difficult childhood implied for Severus in the HP series, it is beautiful how you introduced his fsmily with innocence and hope. Yet, you planted the seeds of potential trouble with the comments made by Eileen's mother, Toby's taste in alcohol, the possible financial troubles, and the cultural acceptance of a bit of aggession. You made me feel fondness towards this simple family starting their lives with hope. While reading the HP series, I would not have considered this family in such a pleasant way, but it is very believable and I enjoyed it. I am reading this fan fiction for the second time to add comments. I highly recommend that you continue reading. It is a wonderful story.
Guest chapter 64 . 4/10/2018
This was so outstanding, what a gifted writer. I regret that I did not comment from the beginning, thinking that I had to be a member. In every chapter there was so much that both impressed me and touched me deeply. Your understanding of psychology and the human condition, your deep exploration of the character Severus Snape, and the story viewed through Snape's eyes, riveted me from beginning to end. I hope that you keep writing and that your work is published. I will try to go back and write comnents on the chapters because your work truly deserves that attention. I am grateful that I stumbled over a link to this wonderful work!
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 4/8/2018
Dear Rannaro:

Okay, I'll bite. What makes it an interesting coincidence that Snape was conceived just as the Mercury Seven were being announced? I just know there's some subtle point there I'm missing. (Something to do with planetary influences, perhaps? No, surely Snape's more saturnine than mercurial…)

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
FloraKing chapter 11 . 4/3/2018
I know this fic is rather old, but I just wanted to be one of the many who have commented to say that this is the kind of fic everyone wishes they had for their fave. this is a true gem.
natiwan chapter 64 . 3/13/2018
I just wanted you to know, even after all those years (always?) that this is extraordinary work.
478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »