Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
Guest chapter 64 . 5/9/2017
This has got to be my favourite Snape fan fic I've read... Good job!
malakian chapter 64 . 5/5/2017
I've been reading this for the past weeks and now I don't know how my days will be without it. Snape was already such a great character and you made him greater. Thank you for that.
Elessar89 chapter 64 . 4/18/2017
This was an amazing read. There were times when I thought you were going to branch off from canon (the fox patronus was a clue) but you brought it back without missing a beat. At one point I even wondered if perhaps Rowling had taken to writing fan fiction. The plot and characters were portrayed wonderfully. I don't normally write reviews but I couldn't ignore the brilliance of this story.
Elessar
ShabbyBeachNest chapter 5 . 4/16/2017
This story is spectacular. You've humanize not only Russ (which I love, btw), but also those closest to him. I applaud your ability to remember every detail, as it makes Severus and his family seem more humanly real than they ever did in the original books.

I also ADORE the characters you've created, and am hungrily devouring the psychology behind it all. You've done a fantastic job fleshing out the reasons of how and why Severus was so conflicted.

This is by FAR one of the best fanfics I've ever read, and I'm only on Chapter 5!
Adreamermusing chapter 64 . 4/11/2017
I just want to say I adore your story because it humanizes Severus in a way I didn't think possible. I love the details and subtleties you've added. I first read your story about a year ago and I keep coming back to it. My favourite parts of the story are definitely his early teaching years, and I love how he identifies with Hamlet, and especially loved when he reamed into the gryffindors with his analogy of maggots and death eating us. My breath caught at that moment, and it takes a very gifted writer to build tension in seemingly innocuous comments like that. My only issue were some places where he was whitewashed a bit, like the deatheater years. I also think the Marauder bullying was toned down. It was definitely more rampant and had effects on his psyche even years later. And Canon suggests that the Werewolf Prank happened before SWM but ultimately these are small quibbles. This is the most comprehensive and nuanced portayal of Snape I have ever read, and I think your story is criminally underrated. It deserves a thousand more reviews, a thousand more favourites and even then it wouldn't be enough. Thank You for producing such wonderful writing.
nymwig chapter 64 . 4/7/2017
I finished reading this book a few months ago, and cannot stress how much I loved it. When re reading the original HP series after reading this, I always pictured Snape's character as developed here. Rannaro, your style, flow, and nuances are truly brilliant. You should truly consider publishing it as a paper book. I loved it!
Guest chapter 64 . 4/5/2017
So amazing I cried
Renascentia ignis chapter 15 . 3/20/2017
I'm only reading chapter 15 so far and I can't stop reading it! I have to restrain myself from reading all of the chapters in one sitting. I love your portrayal of Snape and I find it better than the canon version. You are an amazing writer and you brought characters to life.
Hedwig35 chapter 1 . 3/14/2017
Wonderful! Thanks for hours of enjoyment!

you did a great job portraying the family background especially.
Guest chapter 64 . 3/14/2017
WOW! At times I got a little bit board with this story in the beginning. However I couldn't put it down and not complete it. I must say this has been an adventure! I'm so glad that read it! Thanks for talking me back to Hogwarts! Good rearing! Keep writing! Ok
Guest chapter 64 . 3/13/2017
Wow. That was amazing to read and I am glad I was able to read it in one go in its entirety. Very good charectization of snape. It fit VERY well with canon. My gods. This is one of the best and well written stories I have ever read. Amazing. Thank you.
Toodleoo chapter 1 . 3/6/2017
Heseltine... Heseltine? Does the name Philip Heseltine ring a bell for you?

Intriguing beginning!
Nocturnus chapter 64 . 3/6/2017
An excellent work. I will miss this story.
kjoy19 chapter 64 . 3/1/2017
Well written, well thought out, and entirely plausible within HP canon. Outstanding!
Tra8erse chapter 64 . 2/24/2017
Can I just say how utterly brilliant this work is? I particularly liked the family history and the wider backstory and a sense of place that you gave Severus, and a lot of it will from now on be part of my headcanon, it rings so true. I also liked the companion works/sequels - shame that EMDP II seems to have been abandoned. But this story is something else.
478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »