Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
Rachel chapter 64 . 1/3/2016
I was immediately hooked and couldn't put it down. It was a different perspective of the tale I know so well, and I loved it.
Guest chapter 64 . 1/1/2016
I've read this story 3 or 4 times now, and the last chapter makes me cry every time. Thank you for writing this
plahbie chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
This is an amazing story! I loved it, and was heartbroken for Snape at the end of it! It may have taken me a while to read, but still, it was astounding, fantastic, splendiferous, awe-inspiring, other-adjective-that-signifies-awe!
Kat Smith chapter 64 . 12/14/2015
This was an amazing story! I have been glad to take this journey with Severus Snape, and really find myself wishing that it was not over quite yet... I want to thank the author, Rannaro, for creating this amazing piece of work and putting so much time into it. The characters make so much more sense now that they have a back story, and I can really look at the original books from a new persepective thanks to this retelling of it. Thank you for such a great piece of art!
Seph37 chapter 64 . 12/13/2015
This is by far one of the most beautiful and well written fan fictions that I have ever read and will ever read. Snape is my favorite literary character of all time and you capture the essence of him so perfectly. From the beginning to the end, I was entirely engrossed in this story. The gaps that you have filled I now consider canon. The develop of Snape's character was fascinating. All of his thoughts and motives are made clear. You retained and balanced both the honorable and cruel aspects of Snape. Through him, one can also see the difficult decisions that must be made in war. How each action has repercussions. One of my favorite things was the relationships that Snape had with others. Especially Hagrid and Dumbledore. I love how Eileen fundamentally shaped Snape so much and the understanding that Sirius and Snape came to at the very end of OoTP. I also love the competitiveness and mutual respect in the relationship with McGonagall. The story was dramatic and thrilling with touches of humor (I love Snape's dry sarcasm). This last chapter was one of the most poignant pieces of writing that I have ever read. A magnificent finale to a story whose greatness cannot be truly captured in words. Thank you, for all the hard work and dedication you have put forth for this. Truly, thank you. If this was published, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I wish you the best. You have really added some wonderful value and enjoyment to my life.
Guest chapter 45 . 11/28/2015
Love the story so far it's just that Snap's patrons is a doe
Clsea chapter 25 . 11/10/2015
I live in Denmark! Lol
Susi chapter 16 . 11/4/2015
Wow, amazing fanfiction! It's so cannon. Though i wish that you could do another fanfacion where 'this' Severus travel back in time!
Raddaya chapter 64 . 10/14/2015
An extremely good fanfic. A mammoth one, too, and you're owed congratulations merely for finishing it, in my opinion. That its quality is so high is testament to your ability, of course.

I'm a little sad that there wasn't a happier ending, but life rarely is. At least I would have liked it if Snape came to truly like Harry, even if not completely, in the end, but that did not occur, either.

Brilliant effort, and good show.
GuessLess chapter 64 . 10/12/2015
This is the best canon-compatible story I've ever read, thank you very much for writing and sharing it. I cried and laughed and was generally fascinated by your story-telling. If not for the corrections re. the timeline faults in JKR's writing, I would be convinced JKR herself wrote this wonderful story. The Bombyx mori reference was also an ingenious bit.

The whole deduction how Occlumency might work, the reasons leading him to join the DEs, then those turning him away from Voldemort, his role as a spy, as a Headmaster, his relationship with Dumbledore, etc... you completed the missing parts of the original story beautifully, and I thank you for this.
swtiam chapter 24 . 9/27/2015
however i like the writing style of you.
swtiam chapter 24 . 9/27/2015
but it was Igor Karkoff who gave the names of the others. Snape never made it at trails. Dumbledore had saved him from the interrogation as it was very clear in the books.
swtiam chapter 23 . 9/26/2015
its really sad part of him.. i feel really pity for Seberus.
swtiam chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
nice story..
Guest chapter 64 . 9/20/2015
I just finished reading this after a couple weeks of enjoying hearin snapes side of everything ! I wish I could have this story in book form on my shelf. Haven't been so emotionally moved at the end of a book for a long, long time. I didn't want it to be over of course, but mostly it was snapes realization that he had been led to slaughter by dumbledore as well. It breaks your heart how sorrowful a life Snape led. I hope he had a much better afterlife. Thank you for this beautiful and touching story.
478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »