Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
Guest chapter 5 . 8/5/2014
Magnificent. Absolutely magnificent.

A wonderful portrayal of poverty in the sixties, the way that a family torn (between magic and not, wishes and reality, love and suffering) inflicts the wounds on a child is heartbreaking. The class system, with the limited mobility and absolute distrust sown between the working and middle classes is executed to perfection.

This is a sensitive, patient, and rich opening. Stunning.
myusername123 chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
I turned my computer just to write a review. I'm currently on Snape's seventh year, and this is truly amazing and it clearly deserves way more views. I always thought that J.K Rowling didn't complete the Snape character. Even though we get a glimpse of his past, it's just not enough. I feel like you completed the Snape character in such a canon, complex and subtle way, it's a jaw dislocator. I love the fact that you really took your time to show us about Snape's family, his parents. The idea that Snape was interested in Science was very interesting and fresh, and it went along very well with the character. And I love the way you put in every detail that came out in the book. But it's a bit sad that we all know how sad the story will end. For me, Snape didn't graduate yet, so I'm truly looking forward to read what thoughts Snape will have towards Harry! I'm sure it would be as great and as interesting and as marvellous as what I have read so far.

English is my second language, so sorry for the grammar mistakes. I just wanted to thank you for taking your time writing this story, and thank you for ruining my life, because I haven't been able to do anything the past two days but read this damn good story. Damn you
Katara97 chapter 64 . 7/23/2014
I've just spent two days reading this, and I am speechless. Absolutely wonderful.
rlchala chapter 64 . 7/10/2014
This was beautiful in a very sad way. The story was perfectly written, giving depth to every character, the ones that Rowling neglected, or the ones created for the story. This is without a doubt my favorite fanfiction and I will treasure the time I spent reading it.
awljerfgwlri chapter 64 . 7/4/2014
What an excellent piece of literature!
One of the best Harry Potter stories out there, extremely well written and true-to-form regarding the entire series. Severous Snape is perfectly in character and many canon moments are perfectly written from the other perspective. Sad that it has to end the same way, but an incredible journey along the way.
crystal chapter 3 . 6/27/2014
I'm so confused...why is Snape's name suddenly Russ? But then Wensley calls him Severus?

I love it so far but this whole name thing is tripping me up.
Marliarna chapter 64 . 6/12/2014
Finding a well written HP story that is true to canon and character is like trying to find the elusive Crumple-Horned Snorkack. You believe it's out there...somewhere, you just have to have faith and keep looking.. You'll come across it when you least expect to.

This story was everything I was looking for, and you've given me a characterization of Snape that is fully fledged, complex, sympathetic and fascinating.

You will, however, have to perform an undetectable extension charm on the hourglass of your choice to contain all of the points I would give this epic tale.
Captain Evermind chapter 64 . 6/9/2014
Wow... What a fantastic story. :-) I love your tight focus on Severus, and the strength of your characterisation. Beautiful use of some canon moments in an unexpected context, and I love the way you play his relationship with Harry - as if Harry really is just like any other student to him, and scarcely even noteworthy, unless he's doing something idiotic. I spent the whole last two chapters wishing that Minerva could have brought herself to help him out just a little bit though! Also loved the grounding in muggle Britain of the 70s. Just right! Cheers very much for an entertaining week. :-)
Guest chapter 64 . 5/30/2014
I feel depressed as fuck. I wanted more closure I wished for hope and retribution, justice and redemption and what do I get? Bitterness and sorrow
Guest chapter 61 . 5/29/2014
So close to the end...yet so far
Guest chapter 60 . 5/29/2014
I can't believe I am 4 chapters always from a depressing ending. Dumbledore actually dead it seems. I cannot hide the fact that while I enjoyed how you stuck to the canon you took certain liberties and I only hoped for some real justice for our hero at the end
Guest chapter 54 . 5/28/2014
I feel so sad. What kind of life is that not even being able to mourn I resent this because so far his life has been a beating after another
Guest chapter 52 . 5/28/2014
Just thinking that you most likely keep the cannon ending is depressing I wish...I wish it doesn't end like that. For I have come to cherish reading about Snape such a complex and real character and your writing is nothing but top class.
I salute you
Guest chapter 51 . 5/27/2014
Snape cannot die a virgin. That is just plain cruel mind you
Guest chapter 48 . 5/27/2014
Voldemort talks in royal plural what a pompous ass
478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 .. Last Next »