Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
Guest chapter 4 . 5/19/2014
Knowing how this gonna end is kinda depressing
Guest chapter 3 . 5/19/2014
So far I think this deserves way more reviews and attention. Damn fine work so far
MJ chapter 64 . 4/29/2014
This was by far one of the most touching stories I have ever read on this site. It was so well thought and carried out, I have a hard time imagining that JKR didn't write this herself. The end of this last chapter was a beautiful way to tie up Snape's life. Thank you for sharing your version of Snape's life.
Guest chapter 64 . 4/24/2014
I loved this so much! You should really consider getting it published into a book or maybe a few! I loved how it all fitted together and it was all cannon.
pseudonym222 chapter 64 . 3/20/2014
Poor Severus. He never stood a chance, did he? I have come away from this story with a new respect for a character I had never really given any thought. The amount of research and attention to detail is remarkable.

I'm probably going to fail my midterms because this has distracted me so much, but I can't find in in me to regret reading it. Maybe tomorrow I will, though.

I cannot put in words how much I loved this story, so I'll leave it at that.
Itachi's divine chapter 64 . 3/12/2014
What may I say? This was so very well written. I enjoyed every bit of this story. You stayed true to Snape's character, if anything gave him more depth, took good advantage of his muggle knowledge! I have one question though...

How come we didn't get to see his famous "always" scene with Dumbledore? That's it. I have shared and told many people who are fans of Snape to read this. I cannot touch another Snape fanfiction now because this one truly has made justice to Severus, the others perhaps cannot and even worse, turn him into something he is not. Have you ever considered mailing this to J.K Rowling and having her approve this as canon? :P Well we know how likely that is, from what I hear he is not high on her favorite character list. My God was this story amazing. You are a genius by the way by adding the extra detail of Snape's duties in Headquarters as well as added detail to the magical world of Harry Potter. I am guessing you got a lot of by whatever J.K.R left behind in her books. My hat goes off to you!
The Defense Professor chapter 64 . 3/12/2014
Not worth it. Nothing happens until the middle of the story, and then it's really stuff we already know, but extended in a really, really wordy way (It's 600k words for a reason). It's a character piece, but too specific and detailed to actually work.
SilverCookieDust chapter 64 . 2/14/2014
I've spent the best part of a week reading this whole thing and the mere fact that I'm leaving a review shows how much I loved it, as I almost never review fics. But this was too good not to say anything and I'm kicking myself for not reading this the first time I saw someone recommended it. I loved every part of it from beginning to end. I particularly adored Snape's worshipful feelings towards Narcissa the first time he saw her, and the progress of the relationship between Snape and Moody.

So thank you for this brilliant piece of work. It's jumped straight into my list of top fics and I will undoubtedly read it again more than once in future.
Bebe Flow chapter 64 . 1/30/2014
I've been slowly working my way through this story for over a month now, and I just finished. I knew it was inevitable, but I desperately hoped for some alternate ending for Snape. That said, this is one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. Snape and his back story have always been of interest to me, and your version of it is SERIOUSLY GOOD. And that last funeral scene - beautiful, quiet, understated. Perfect. :'( I teared up.
PhoenixRising143 chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
I've only just read the prologue to this story, and i am amazed. This is going to be great, i know it! I just cannot believe this one's only got 93 (well, 94, now) reviews! It's such a shame. Well, i'm off to chapter 1. (:
GenevieveJC chapter 59 . 12/1/2013
I've read this entire story in the span of a few days and you've blown my mind. It takes an expert in psychology to be able to effectively reverse engineer the actions of a person as compared to the reasoning behind it without being told. I often took Dumbledore at face value in other writing, but you really have shed a new light on him for me.

The most stunning and shocking moment for me in the entire work was this section in chapter 59 between Severus and Albus. I thought it was a mistype at first, but I re-read it a few times and it struck me very strongly. Albus tells Severus to do something he disagrees with and Severus replies, "Yes, Lord." and walks away. Just a STUNNING way to really impart the truth of his two Lords.

How does a heart break for a fictional character?
Daye chapter 2 . 11/21/2013
This is a deliciously well written story. I teach the HP books at a college level and it has been a very long time since I found a fanfic as nicely paced and evocative as this. I think I know where you are going with the plot. I will keep reading and see if your characterizations go where I think they will! THANK YOU!
Jess Chen chapter 25 . 10/11/2013
/ "He weren't the type. Didn't have the knack. I never knew of any but the one… Well, that's not my business. His feeding now, that were my business 'cause he weren't never in the best of health – nervous and all. Are you sure he was eating?"

McGonagall assured Hagrid that she'd seen Professor Snape consume food earlier that day, and then Hagrid returned to his hut for the evening, leaving McGonagall dissatisfied with the paucity of information she'd received and wondering who 'the one' was that Hagrid had mentioned. /

"The one" is definitely Lily. How did McGonagall not notice that she and Severus were friends? Then she would have realized that was the reason he was distraught on the day Voldie died (and the Potters).
GeekWizard chapter 63 . 10/6/2013
Also: I will have to go through all the chapters once again if I am to list everything that I loved about the story. And it would be a very long list too. So many things. I think that you have outdone J.K. Rowling herself in almost all aspects. I will be back with comments on each chapter when I can find the time.
GeekWizard chapter 64 . 10/6/2013