Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
Sara chapter 10 . 8/12/2012
Your research is simply fantastic. I was worried about reading this story at first, in case I got my hopes up and Snape ended up having a child or something, but I'm completely hooked. Every word is believable, thoughtful and fitting. Thank you for all your effort.
Divvie chapter 43 . 7/29/2012
Can't help feeling sorry for Snape - he has lost the last verges of any support network he felt he had with Dumbles pretty much cutting him out.
I really really loathed PoA ...
Divvie chapter 41 . 7/29/2012
Just re-reading this story and wanted to say that I think that Snape is perfectly justified in his view and treatment of Lupin.
And I really resent Dumbles dismissing his views so casually once more.
It is part of why I always found canon PoA so damn frustrating and irritating ...
Bubble-Lord chapter 64 . 7/23/2012
This story is simply amazing, you are seriously a very talented writer. From the moment I started reading, I could not stop. You portrayed Snape as a very deep character, different and yet the same as the one in the book.
Even though I knew Snape would die at the end, I still cried from the emotion that the scene evoked. I loved this story.
iseenodifference chapter 4 . 7/11/2012
I am loving this story. This is the most realistic account of Severus Snape I have thus far read!
Guest chapter 54 . 7/9/2012
I am far from finishing reading your work. But it is amazing. The minutae of Snape's life. Makes him more human. The tragedy of his life from Harry's pt of view made me more sympathetic to all his outburst throughout the series. And your work gives interesting perspectives.
Smileyface3000 chapter 64 . 7/9/2012
Wow. That ending made me cry. The part about being buried under the stars, which meant so much to him throughout his life was particularly touching. I was a little iffy on Snape's name/nickname at the beginning of the story, but it was interesting to note when he stopped calling himself Russ and started calling himself Severus. The story in general fit very very nicely with what we know from canon, and I really enjoyed it. Fantastic job.
fuzzythedestroyer chapter 64 . 7/3/2012
I completely loved this! It was a fantastic look into Snape's life. I kept hoping the ending would be different. Stupid, I know. :) I absolutely fell in love with Russ.
Saint Snape chapter 64 . 6/30/2012
What a marvelous story. You have filled in the blanks so well and given us a story that is so believable. He was trapped in a prison and had such a sad life. I admit I sobbed at the ending. Great writing and I hope you write more stories.
thetimesurfer chapter 64 . 6/29/2012
Beautiful.
RnbwXSprinkles chapter 64 . 6/21/2012
That was too beautiful of an ending. And so sad. I very nearly can't handle it and I almost cried (I really never cry, and only a few things make me feel like I will have to).

This story was fantastic. The pace was good. The characters were spot on. I honestly can't express how much I loved this, and how much this will effect the way I think about a lot of the series. I can't imagine a better version of Snape's life. It was perfect.
RnbwXSprinkles chapter 59 . 6/21/2012
I just wanted to say that I loved having a nonverbal levicorpus hidden under a killing curse because I've had the same idea for something I was writing where the Death Eater character pretended to kill people by speaking a killing curse, but actually stunning them nonverbally, then going back for them later. It would work because, as you pointed out here, you need to mean it as Bella pointed out in OotP. Great minds think alike!

By the way, I love the entirety of this story as well so much. It's perfect. I was waiting to review at the last chapter, but I was just too excited about my above paragraph to not review.
paper0wl chapter 46 . 6/16/2012
Snape's dreams are great. "He will be killed, of course." That's what Voldemort says about Snape during his return in the graveyard. *evil laugh*
RAK0506 chapter 64 . 6/13/2012
Fantastic Story! I couldn't put it down! Well done!
bubblenut21 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Thank you so much for posting these on the site! I was really worried about never finding this again after HPANA went down. I've reread this at least three times and it never fails to give me all the feelings. Thank you again for posting and for your wonderful work :)
479 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 .. Last Next »