Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
DMMA chapter 13 . 4/13/2012
Fantastic chapter!
DMMA chapter 6 . 4/12/2012
I really like how you took time to show us how the teachers saw him. How even Dumbledore himself of course would at first see his similarities with Voldemort, but completely misjudged his character.
Divvie chapter 63 . 4/11/2012
Thank you for an amazing story.

It's still extremely unfair, of course, but it was a very consistent narrative.

I still wish Dumbledore to rot in hell, though, preferably with Tom Riddle as company ...

But then, if I had any say in it, JKR's story would have ended differently, anyway.

Poor Snape ... :(
Raven Lockwood chapter 36 . 4/11/2012
Haven't been reviewing as I go along, mostly because when I started there were 60 chapters to go through ... 61 now :p ... but I figured now would be as good a time as any to let you know how much I'm LOVING this story. It's so rich, canonically logical, and the chapters are so nice and meaty. Thanks so much :)
LaTashaMalfoy chapter 12 . 4/11/2012
I love how you described Narcissa as the ice princess, and was shocked at the Malfoys being against the dark lord, very good though. Eileen should have killed her husband for that, in my opinion, but can't wait to read the next chapter.
LaTashaMalfoy chapter 11 . 4/11/2012
Wow, I love this story! Can't believe Snape is visiting the Blacks, this should be intersesting! :)
Divvie chapter 57 . 4/10/2012
I like the way Snape is trying to stand up to Dumbledore and in fully comprehending what it would mean to kill him.

I find it harder to believe that Dumbledore is looking for ways to "save" Snape. The way canon developed, it seems pretty clear to me that Dumbledore considered Snape collateral damage. Dumbledore already knows about the horcruxes and certainly that Harry was one of them. The prophesy made sure he realized it had to be a showdown. So Dumbledore as owner of the Elder wand would expect either to be in the background to jump in or - if taking the prophesy for face value - that Harry would need every power at hand. So the Elder wand had to go from Dumbledore to Harry. Considering Harry's hate for Snape, Dumbledore's injury and Dumbledore's knowledge that Snape would never actively fight Harry, I cannot see any other way than making Snape expendable ...

I am really curious how you are going to resolve this without showing that Dumbledore was quite willing and planning already at this stage to sacrifice Snape.
DMMA chapter 3 . 4/9/2012
Goodness gracious these chapters are long. Well, it's obviously you only have 20 reviews because this is an actual story about Snape and not one of those crazy Hermione/Draco things people are doing these days, but I just wanted to say this story is generally amazing. I love the way you capture Snape in his youth, and combine together things in the Muggle and magical worlds. Great job! Loving it!
Aspieturtle chapter 55 . 4/9/2012
I just discovered this story this morning, and have been reading solidly. One of the best fan fictions I have read in quite some time. Well done.
Divvie chapter 54 . 4/8/2012
Great take on the OotP.

I still think that Dumbles and McGonnagall are remarkably clueless about how Snape ticks, but then they never really understood him.

And while I am glad that Snape got finally laid, it's a shame he had to lose that relief, too. But then we know how it ends for him, anyway. :(

I love his contemplation on the matter of love, though. It's really such a malleable concept, isn't it ...
iwright chapter 46 . 4/6/2012
I love this Snapefic. Everyone has a different version of Severus Snape - No surprise, given that he never let anyone see him fully - But this is the most complete and consistent version I've ever seen.

Man, Voldemort is a pompous jackass.
Divvie chapter 46 . 4/6/2012
Interesting that Snape puts his name on the list ahead of Sirius Black.

I am assuming he's assigned the rank in terms of level of responsibility.

He's really feeling so guilty, still ... :( Punishable by death, I take it?

And I can relate to his quirk of not eating with/from Sirius; I wouldn't either with people I really dislike and resent.

I am amazed that Moody is easing up on him, though. I would have thought his paranoia would be right in the middle of it.

OotP is one of my favorite HP stories, so I am looking forward to how it will play out from Snape's perspective.
Divvie chapter 45 . 4/6/2012
Poor Snape, he won't get any break from now on until the end, will he?

LaTashaMalfoy chapter 5 . 4/4/2012
I love how you include bits of history in each chapter as to what was going on about that time frame. Genious!
LaTashaMalfoy chapter 3 . 4/4/2012
I love this story so far! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! This chapter is great though, explains why he hates muggles so, and FINALLY we meet Lily *EEEK!*
478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 21 28 29 30 31 32 Next »