Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
Divvie chapter 35 . 3/31/2012
And so it begins, again ...

I really enjoyed the Carmichael chapter, it was something that helped Snape to develop some more skills. Still, I was hoping you would give him some form of reprieve from all the adversity in his life at least in the subsequent years. But I guess not :(

And now it's back to the old scheme of everyone against Snape, really. Dumbledore's priorities shifted to the Golden Boy ...

So, life has been pretty miserable for Snape so far, now he's got 7 years of downright misery ahead of him, it seems. And now, he's not even got Dumbledore back in his quarters anymore. The Golden Boy is all that matters :(
Divvie chapter 27 . 3/30/2012
So, Snape is getting a bit of peace now, that's good.

I hope he can really relax a bit and even make some friends.

Am I wrong or are you giving Snape deliberately a slight autistic tendency? I suppose his personality issues can as well be explained by his traumatic past, but he always seemed to have this obsessive and highly structured streak while difficulties with ambiguity ... which seems a bit strange for a Slytherin who should excel with ambiguity.

Just wondering, if it's deliberate or if I am reading too much into your description ;)
Divvie chapter 26 . 3/30/2012
Poor Severus, how can anyone wonder about it being so hard for him opening up to people if anytime he does anything remotely emphatic, he gets into trouble?

I quite enjoy his philosophical explorations into life (history) and death.

I guess he might have found the Tibetan Book of the Dead quite interesting.

Historical murder mysteries, hm? Don't think I ever read anything of that sort, unless "Name of the Rose" qualifies as such.

I am just glad that Dumbledore is looking out for Snape here. I am usually not the biggest Dumbledore fan, but he seems a rather good guy in your story.

And the Mexican flag scheme was quite a sneaky thing from the Gryffindors, almost Slytherin in nature ... Good thing, Slytherin house figured it out beforehand. Go, Slytherin!
Divvie chapter 25 . 3/30/2012
Poor Snape, he's really been under a lot of pressure.

At least Hagrid is there to help him a bit.

Still, such a bleak outlook ...

Glad he's taking a liking to Shakespeare, though.

I still hope you make him find more friends, he definitely could use some, although he will find it so hard to open up to someone else, again ...
Divvie chapter 22 . 3/28/2012
I really like how "normal" you make the everyday life - both from a Death Eater pov and a new Hogwarts teacher - sound for Snape.

I am glad that for a change, Snape isn't so much romantically infatuated with Lily but rather friendship- and "idol"-based which strikes me as far more credible to sustain a lifelong devotion rather than just a romantic obsession.

Not that still don't think her a cow though for falling for Golden boy instead of her former best friends, but that's Gryffindor glitter and tinsel gold for you.

I quite like the interaction between the teaching staff, as well, in particular that some teachers warm quite nicely to Snape - McGonnagall was always going to be trouble; the only thing I don't quite see is the relatively close link to Hagrid. It does make perfect sense with your backstory in mind, but in terms of personality and mutual appreciation, I doubt they even have enough in common to allow mutual respect. Not that Hagrid would notice that, but still.

Now, Lily's death is coming up next (poor Snape).
Divvie chapter 15 . 3/26/2012
Oh no, trouble ahead.

Poor Severus :(

I like the backstory, though. I still cannot quite see how Snape will end up becoming a Death Eater yet with this backstory, knowing that the rich Slytherins are just using him and being rather protective of his muggle roots. But I guess in the end - for what ever reason - they will at least support him when the "light" will not.

And I really wished those stupid Marauders would be taken down a peg or two, but considering canon, I am not holding my breath even in your reality ...
Divvie chapter 8 . 3/22/2012
So, Russ is quite the prodigy here: Occlumency natural, potions & herbology crack and a dueller pro (both magical and muggle-style).

Super-Snape, in other words ;) But so far no seeming affinity to the Dark Lord, so I am curious to see how this link will be made. And I would have expected more bullying from the Marauders already in the first year. Although, how they would be able to handle Super-Snape ...
SparklesFranqula chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
I absolutely love your story on Russ/Severus! This is definately something that I could see happening in Snapes past. It feels like an actual story that you could find in a book store. Keep up the good work and I can't wait until the next chapter comes out!
Divvie chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Interesting setup.

And poor Russ, seems the stars are set against him from early on ...

You are doing a credible characterisation, though, so I am looking forward to the next chapters!
HappyAuriga chapter 2 . 3/19/2012
Re-reading and enjoying every bit of it. :)
stgulik chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I'm completely intrigued by this story idea - the origins of Tobias and Eileen at Spinner's End. It's intriguing to see how many Muggles seemingly know about witches and about the Prince family. How do they all coexist together? And what are we to make of the space program? Looking forward to this series.
476 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32