Reviews for A Difference in the Family: The Snape Chronicles
DMMA chapter 56 . 4/21/2012
Snape was actually in the Slug Club, and Slughorn regarded him highly. I forgot to mention that earlier.
LaTashaMalfoy chapter 18 . 4/19/2012
This chapter made me cry :'( Snape is gone from Hogwarts. I never do good with good-byes but this one got to me :'(
LaTashaMalfoy chapter 17 . 4/18/2012
I loved this chapter with the werewolves and James and Severus finally becoming...acquaintances. :)
Nina Sawdon chapter 63 . 4/17/2012
This is absolutely the best "story" written. (Should really be a published novel).

I loved the explanation of why Snape was the way he is. It is consistent throughout and believable. Also, the explanations of his teaching years and finally how it ended. No one knows who face they see at the end (hopefully G_d); but Lily may have been his biggest regret; not so much for loving her; but because she was really the only friend he ever had and he hurt her badly. (although I have to say I am not a big fan of Lily's - but I can understand her not forgiving Sev for the insult - been insulted too many times by the same person and they expect to be forgiven each & every time - doesn't happen).

Never a big fan of Dumbledore's and it would have been interesting to see if he believes he cared for Snape (I think he would have been fooling himself) or if he just saw him simply as a tool that had to be manipulated.

People are complex and what might be a reason at one time is not the reason for a behavior the second time. I think you captured this very well and even the friendship with Hagrid, while somewhat difficult to believe on an intellectually ground, is believeable when all you want is someone to accept you and listen to you and believe in you and that is what Hagrid does.

Sorry so long; this is one of the very few stories I have printed off so I can read it on the nights when I can't sleep and need something to take my mind off my worries.
DMMA chapter 33 . 4/15/2012
Nagini is actually just great. I mean she's so great. I'm intrigued to see if Snape and Voldemort will meet again in the next chapter and how he'll convince him he didn't stop serving him.
justicejustice chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
I approve! I was reading this and then the site that hosted it went down- thank God it's here. I got as far as Severus' first years teaching at Hogwarts and I thought it all was great and insightful. I can't wait to read your later stuff! Thanks for making the bat of the dungeons a little more human for us all ;)
DMMA chapter 30 . 4/15/2012
Oh, to be a cougar. I won't lie part of me hoped something would happen between them so Severus would know physical intimacy, but alas. You nailed the allergy part. I have the misfortune of a tree nut allergy, so in addition to all that my throat closes as well. If only I were a wizard.
DMMA chapter 25 . 4/14/2012
Funny, Hamlet is one of the most celebrated pieces of literature of all time, and I absolutely loathed it. I adore Shakespeare, but I hated Hamlet so much. Good chapter. I'm really liking his transformation from a stuttering boy into the snarky Snape we're familiar with.
Raven Lockwood chapter 63 . 4/14/2012
Wow. Just ... wow. Thank you, so much. This is now, officially, my favorite story.
DMMA chapter 13 . 4/13/2012
Fantastic chapter!
DMMA chapter 6 . 4/12/2012
I really like how you took time to show us how the teachers saw him. How even Dumbledore himself of course would at first see his similarities with Voldemort, but completely misjudged his character.
Divvie chapter 63 . 4/11/2012
Thank you for an amazing story.

It's still extremely unfair, of course, but it was a very consistent narrative.

I still wish Dumbledore to rot in hell, though, preferably with Tom Riddle as company ...

But then, if I had any say in it, JKR's story would have ended differently, anyway.

Poor Snape ... :(
Raven Lockwood chapter 36 . 4/11/2012
Haven't been reviewing as I go along, mostly because when I started there were 60 chapters to go through ... 61 now :p ... but I figured now would be as good a time as any to let you know how much I'm LOVING this story. It's so rich, canonically logical, and the chapters are so nice and meaty. Thanks so much :)
LaTashaMalfoy chapter 12 . 4/11/2012
I love how you described Narcissa as the ice princess, and was shocked at the Malfoys being against the dark lord, very good though. Eileen should have killed her husband for that, in my opinion, but can't wait to read the next chapter.
LaTashaMalfoy chapter 11 . 4/11/2012
Wow, I love this story! Can't believe Snape is visiting the Blacks, this should be intersesting! :)
502 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 .. Last Next »