Reviews for Sympathy for the Devil
PinballLizard331 chapter 20 . 11/13/2012
Wow, this was very well written, I read both and I love them! Fantastic job here! What a sweet story :)
Pet Archer chapter 6 . 4/14/2012
Another great chapter!

Lucy is finally pregnant with her and Alex's child. Following the previous sexy chapter, we all knew that was coming! Heh-heh-heh!

(Let me stop being ridiculous!)

Yes, Lucy is pregnant.

What's sad about this? Her parents do not take the news well, ruining a very nice Sunday lunch with the entire family, including their son, Pete with wife Georgina.

Again, her parents converse with Lucy, only, ignoring Alex. That, of course, is rude of them. However, Lucy squeezes Alex's hand under the table, reassuring him her heart is for him. Good detail! Yes, she cares about him, just as he does for her.

Kudos also goes to Pete and Georgina for openly supporting Alex and Lucy.

When Alex finally announces to his future in-laws about Lucy's pregnancy, Ed and Susan are horrified. And (and this was funny!) Ed's face continues to get 'redder and redder' with anger.

Now, Ed goes on to lambast Alex for getting his daughter pregnant. But he should know better to say horrible things, such as the baby will become vile and wicked like Alex was; that Alex and Lucy spawned 'the devil's offspring', and other harsh things to upset Lucy. That isn't nice. And more so, as Lucy is pregnant. She doesn't need to be stressed out in her fragile condition. And she needs to hear pleasant things, and be encouraged. All the negatives are no good for her and the unborn baby!

Alex did a very good job of maintaining self-control. He felt inclined to resort to being violent with Ed, who was insulting both him and Lucy, and condemning his unborn grandchild.

Instead of resorting to 'the old Ultraviolence', he focuses his attention on comforting Lucy, who cries.

Pete and Georgina are to be commended for walking out on his parents/Georgina's in-laws, leaving with Alex and Lucy. They're not being disrespectful. But, they are both clearly displeased at Ed and Susan spoiling this family get-together.

Don't worry, Alex and Lucy. Things will work out for you two - well, you three! That includes your baby! You've got Pete and Georgina on your side. And you've got your fellow readers and reviewers, here!

I'm rooting for you three! You'll both make it!

Good chapter, Lorelai!

I love these 'Clockwork Orange' 'soap operas'! They're better than the actual soaps - I'm sick of those!

Moving on!
gildedbutterfly16 chapter 20 . 4/8/2012
The sequel was just as wonderful as the first series! Again, you shouldn't have worried about the whole miscarriage thing at all! It's very, very much ok! But I am so sorry for your loss :(

Best of luck to you, Lucy, Alex, and baby Xander!
Pet Archer chapter 5 . 4/2/2012
Great 'comeback' chapter! Not to mention Sexy! Hoo!

Our dear Lucy felt bad over her mentioning Alex's formerly being a sociopath the day before. This happened over their discussion of having children.

Having contemplated everything (carefully, I/We all hope!), Lucy now wants to conceive a child with Alex.

Cute bit with Lucy delaying Alex from changing out of his work clothes as they eat dinner, and discuss the situation. Then, she delays him further as she slips into something 'comfortable' - and sexy! Alex is seduced enough to give her that deep kiss, after she confirms a final time she, indeed, wants to conceive a baby with him.

This chapter left me breathless, Lorelai!
Pet Archer chapter 4 . 4/2/2012
Alex and Lucy continue to deal with life's issues as a young couple in love.

This chapter is powerful!

Lucy and Alex now have their first serious discussion about having 'malenky ones' - children. Alex wants to have a 'malenky one'. Lucy desires to have 'malenky ones' with Alex - but isn't ready yet. That's understood. They're both teenagers. Lucy isn't ready to tackle that big responsibility of being a mother, yet... and she's right.

Then, Lucy nearly ruins things between her and Alex by mentioning to him about his being a sociopath. Her former boyfriend, Michael, when they were both dating when Alex was in prison, mentioned Alex's sociopathy.

Naturally, Alex's feelings are hurt, even though he admits he is a sociopath. At least, he was calm enough to explain a possible cause for that: that being emotional neglect, stemming from his Pee and Em not giving him their time and attention, and love, in his early adolescenece.

I'm happy that Lucy saw past Alex's sociopathic behavior, and past, loving him for who he really is. But she shouldn't have even mentioned that to Alex - his being a sociopath - in the first place! I could understand her fears that she doesn't want their child to be a sociopath like Alex (formerly). But she and Alex are determined to be affectionate with their child (and children). Again, Lucy shouldn't have mentioned Alex's sociopathy to him, to begin with!

Thankfully, they've kissed and made up - and Alex gives Lucy a playful wink (again, that wink!), allowing Lucy time to contemplate having a child with him. However, Alex requested in all seriousness that she not bring that topic of his sociopathy, again.

That really hurt Alex. And Lucy feels guilty about what she did - unintentionally. I know she didn't mean to hurt Alex with that - yet, she's minding people, and their chatter. Whereas, Lucy's come to know Alex sufficiently, and see he's not that way, anymore.

Great chapter, Lorelai! Wow! Moving on...
Pet Archer chapter 3 . 3/29/2012
Hi, Lorelai! - I'm back, tonight!

Another riveting chapter! - and, again, we see Alex and Lucy realize they are growing up.

The teenage couple have settled into their new apartment, and living together. They even enjoy shopping for things for their home/apartment, such as the kitchen utensils. Later on, they need important appliances,uch as the refrigerator. Lucy gets a better job, now as a secretary. Alex is still at his government job. They're doing great. It's as if they're priming themselves for being a married couple - hopefully that'll happen as this story progresses!

I was a bit surprised that Riley and her boyfriend, Leo, are into drugs(!). Good that Alex is determined not to go down that path, again, as he used to drink that rotten drug-laced 'Moloko Plus'/Milk Plus. Thankfully, he hada his senses to prevent his gal, Riley, from trying marijuana. Alex is really trying to stay on the 'straight and narrow'

What Alex and Riley should do is walk out of that party! Practically, most of the guests are high from the drugs. And Alex and Riley clearly don't belong there as they don't mess with drugs, anymore. Even the Ian guy, who was nice to Alex and Lucy, was drunk, and conked out while playing his guitar for the pair!

However, Alex is nuts to boldly go into Riley's refrigerator (as if he were at his apartment, folks!), and look for something of interest to consume. He's got a lot of nerve! He and Riley settle for some Pimms - I don't know if that's a juice, or a soft drink. I'm guessing the latter. Or is it root beer? I suspect it is!

It is at that point, Alex and Lucy realize that they have both outgrown these types of 'wild' parties. Good for them!

What they need to do is get the hell out of there, and back to the sanctuary of their apartment, ASAP! And get away from those stoners!

Well done, Lorelai! And thanks for sharing your experiences, adding a bit of it to this story.

I've seen movies from the early 1970s, where people used drugs. If you think this period was bad, what do you say about that stupid 'Disco Era', which I can't stand? I can't stand anything from that dumb era - let alone most of the stupid disco songs! Ugh!

Anyway, this chapter was well-written! Moving on to the next one!
Pet Archer chapter 2 . 3/26/2012
Interesting chapter, for starters! But talk about the pangs of growing up, and facing adulthood! Lucy is now starting to feel it, as she's made up her mind to go and live with Alex.

It's clearly understood why her parents feel strongly against it. Notably because the young man she'll be living with - and is deeply in love with - is a juvenile delinquent, and, yes, a sociopath. In short: Alex DeLarge is bad news!

Another possible reason for their disapproval could be that her parents may not be keen on the 'living together' thing, as they are both married.

What was amusing was Lucy's father, Ed, feared that Alex got his beloved Lucy pregnant. Alex doesn't seem too concerned about that - or if it were to happen, for he next asks Ed, unaffected, "Would that bother you, Sir?" No wonder Ed almost blew a gasket!

Finally, the sad reality: Lucy's mother decided for Lucy to leave home immediately - to Lucy's great shock and pain! When read that, I felt Lucy's surprise and emotional pain. Sadly, these are the consequences we must deal with based on the decisions we make!

At least, thank goodness Alex is at her side to comfort her, and help her move out of her parents' home.

Good chapter, Lorelai - but this chapter was a serious dose of reality!
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 20 . 3/24/2012
*Snrks* I think they better wait at least six months before they try again, because I believe that's the medically safe period so that the baby isn't born prematurely. Anyways...*bows* Love the details, and love the story. Explanation is the best policy, soooooo...keep up the good work?

Weasley
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 19 . 3/24/2012
Argh, one thing at a time, Alex! D: *reads on*
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 18 . 3/24/2012
One step forward, two steps backwards...*sighs and reads on*
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 17 . 3/24/2012
Yay! Go Ian, I knew you had it in you! *fist pump* *reads on*
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 16 . 3/24/2012
Another lovely chapter, it's good to see everyone making up, or at least taking steps towards that. *reads on*
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 15 . 3/24/2012
If at first you don't succeed...;) *reads on*
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 12 . 3/24/2012
Right as dodgers indeed, because they just 'dodged' a crime they didn't commit. No evidence, no case! *reads on*
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 11 . 3/24/2012
Mmm, no worries here, because the miscarriage happened much differently in this story and I don't see it as stealing.

ps-Those policemen are going to be sorely disappointed. *cackle*