Reviews for Harry Potter Who?
The Ghostly Minion chapter 2 . 5/24
You draw a wonderful Hermione here. She is wise well beyond her years, but I think there is a lot more too.

I'm thinking that her magic and his magic are in tune, and draws them together. Not thinking so much in terms of 'soul bonds', a trope that is done too often and usually not really well. Just that they connect on a deep and basic level.

At this point I think of Robst's 'A different Halloween'. To me, that is a high compliment.

TGM
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 5/24
I like this concept. You have a dark Dumbledore, or at least very gray. You have salt-of-the-earth Grangers and a compassionate Hermione.

I can already see a Harry who will be rather out of his shell. I can see Hermione helping him to reach an academic potential.

I can see Harry being Hermione's friend and protector against her school bullies. Hopefully, he'll be able to take the edge off her respect for authority and her need to artlessly show off how much she knows.

By the time they go to Hogwarts, their will be a network of adults to help them both. This will go better than canon.

My only concern is how long it's been since you have updated, but I'll give it a year.

TGM
Monnbeam chapter 19 . 5/5
It is a pity you have not added more chapters would love to see the end of this story
U rock lov this story plz write more 4 your fans such as me. Luvuvuv yay u rulez thumbs up plz keep writing!
Dan and emma? Good names for Hermione's parents when those are the actors for the movies. Not to sound rude or anything, but i luv the coincidence.
sortofbored chapter 19 . 8/13/2014
This is a pretty cool story.
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 19 . 6/28/2014
Wow, just WOW! I find myself thoroughly enjoying one of the most fascinating, logical, and coherent HP AU's that I've read in recent memory! Your economy in usage of extraneous OC's and tangential perambulations is most welcome and, yet, you manage to thrust to the center ideal of a section or passage with true aim and power... Your writing style, plotline, and character development are a JOY to this Weary Reader.
I truly hope that you'll soon be willing and able to continue this very unique tale. I find myself getting most anxious to discover (while peeking through my fingers, I might add) the horrors in store for our Harry and Co., when the story hits the stands and Dumbledork finds Harry isn't the malliable puppet he attempted to create - maybe you could have HIM just have a massive coronary and be sidelined or die? Also, are you going to have evil Snape or redeemable Sevvy (sorry, I just have a soft spot for the guy... Harry could have become the next Snape, so easily. I really can't see how JKR could give three of her main characters such similar backgrounds and experiences and expect us to believe that Harry would come out of his as a "LOVING, FORGIVING, HERO! Love the world she created, but she leaves alot to be desired from a CHILDREN'S author!)?
Thanks for sharing!
MelJ
123irish chapter 19 . 6/2/2014
It's been too long, please start writing agian
The Resident chapter 19 . 4/12/2014
I am eagerly looking forward to future chapters. I hope that you nail Dumbles to the wall.
femalefarrier chapter 19 . 3/18/2014
keep going very interesting story..
herart chapter 10 . 3/3/2014
Nice story. Makes you shed a tear or two about the childhood of Harry. Nice time reading it.
Runecutter chapter 19 . 12/31/2013
Why have so many people problems with writing Occlumency the right way? It's occluding the mind... occlu-men(s)-cy. Okay, it's a bit confusing that arithmancy as an old word with a certain meaning (all "mancy"s are arts to divine the future, there's not just the magic of divining numbers there's also reading palms and many more... ) looks so similar, but the word itself is not that hard and to start stumbling on the almost pure english part is a bit pathetic. Almost as pathetic as all the guys unable to write Dolores Umbridge correctly.

As for the "reasonable restriction" both it and the monitoring only in muggle living areas are a big case of BS. After all the Statute of Secrecy already makes it illegal to perform in the sight of any uninitiated muggle and your direct family is exempt from the secrecy, so why ban magic in their presence? It won't prevent any more accidentially misspoken mentions of magic than the original law, so it can only be meant to prevent muggleborns from keeping up with the studies. The monitoring on the other side is stupid because any pureblood scion can just as easily make a fault and expose magic as a muggleborn can (and he/she/it wouldn't even certainly know about it as they are mostly clueless about muggles and their traditions, talents and worldviews), take the Weasleys for an example... they might live in a fully magical building with magical adults, but still flying their broom too high or too close to the borders of their property would endanger the secret by exposure to non magical neighbors... yet it would not be truly against this reading of the reasonable restriction nor am i sure that a broom would count as traceable expenditure of magical power...
Ideally ALL kids would be forces to sit through classes about stealthyness and the necessary steps to uphold the statute so no "reasonable restriction" would be needed (Failure in the class examinations could result e.g. in having to leave your wand behind at school). As if magicals were genetically able to be reasonable anyways... Haven't you seen what they call government? Resonable my backside!

Also it's unlikely that the trace vanishes by its own grace... after all a class of Hogwarts students has theoretically a 365 days spread of birthdates and if every potential student gets their letter and meeting with a professor ifnecessary and mandated shortly after turning eleven and being electable for Hogwarts next year's class, the time they have between acquiring their wand and the optimal date for the trace to expedite would vary by a wide margin, how would a spell be so precise as to run for each student for a different time? Also how would second hand wands like Ron's (i think he had Charlie's old wand at first?) or Neville's (Frank Longbottoms old one) get the trace? They did not have anything like the weighing of the wands or the reception desk from the ministry atrium at Hogwarts... maybe they should but there wasn't anything ever mentioned... So either the trace is a fairy tale meant to frighten naive children into compliance with the law or it has to be taken off from the wand manually which opens a whole new can of worms as Harry hasn't had the time or opportunity to get such an appointment at the ministry and would have been traceable for all his odyssey throughout the seventh book.

During the memory restoration scene there is some problem with a broken sentence... he could reach Harry he could reach. Not sure what this was originally supposed to say, but it's nonsensical right now.
night mare - one word nightmare
of friendship and - with friendship
were Emma joined them - where
if their all as bad as - they're
I was brining home - bringing
in my cupboard and feed - fed
Then took away the memory - Then he took

A good, solid chapter turning from the general, abstract discussions of laws and traching methods to the very tangible and real situation at Durskaban. Emotionally quite a ride yet still rooted firmly in a supporting environment for our little hero and thus somewhat comforting.
I liked it.
Guest chapter 19 . 12/28/2013
When will you update this chapter
Proud To Be A Gryffindor chapter 19 . 12/11/2013
I can't wait till the next chapter, though I am starting to wonder what everyone has against the Weaselys and Dumbledore.
Ginny
Collin Oshea chapter 19 . 11/30/2013
Great chapter, keep up the good work.