Reviews for Love Without Your Heartbeat
Tamha chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Dark and well done, but... I'm glad this is an alternate ending, and not the actual one!
LivsMom chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
And I love the unhappy-somewhat-happy ending just as much. Clever!
Honoria Granger chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Interesting. A VERY dark crystal (see what I did there?). Not sure what happened, but boy, the speculation is terrific. Oh, and was the mortal Bach, and I missed it?
Fireotaku18 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Damn, I rather like this, makes me wanna know what she means by "No mortal has" Did she become the Goblin Queen? or something more?

Where have you been all of my fanfic life? I love your stuff!
sir rantsalot chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Well, that gave me chills! Evil/eerie/otherwise-not-the-stubborn-ass-heroine-we-know-and-love Sarah has always held some appeal for me, but she so seldom makes SENSE, y'know? Just kind of out of left field, wham! Scary-Sarah! But she really, really works here...and I do love your Jareth's intimate connection to his kingdom and willingness to give his life for it, perhaps, selfishly, because I've always imagined him and the Labyrinth bound to one another like that.

Also, as I meant to say but promptly forgot on my other review - words can't begin to express how much I love Laurel. Not only is she a really well-written OC, it's an immense relief to find a fleshed-out queer character in an all too often bizarrely heteronormative fandom. Thank you.
Lylabeth1 chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I caught a review of this in passing and decided to have a look. Wow! Now I have to read the entire fic. I have the weekend free so and I will do so and review.

A math genius and a writer, makes strange bedfellows.

Do you also play the piano, you should as you everything is MATH?

I enjoyed this very much, though I did not the characters I will.

I have been wrting about Nuada Airgetlamb and the Tuatha De Danann for over twenty years. I have books of stories and have never sought to do anything with it. Just lives in my head.

I had a dreame of writing the whole story of Tuatha De Danann, then met Jim Fitzpatrick, who is a good friend. Michael Scott and he have been there, done it quit well.

You should check out Jim's work, if you are not familiar with it. He is the foremost Irish painter of celtic lore, expecially the Tuatha De Danann, and lives in Dublin.
jayb1rd chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Wow! I think this deserves a sequel all its own.
kara chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
definitely darker,

I could see Yera pacing out of habit but I'd have thought a new monarch would've been found who might want her to... well something els.

I think I prefer the 1st ending
Dragen Eyez chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Hmm... the laast little section tripped me up a bit. I wouldn't think Sarah'd ever want to leave her dream haven. Very interesting. It made me tear up a bit. Lovely story, though I much prefer the alive version.
Exia chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Ohhh... *shiver*

I just found this bit of long has it been up? Gracious, despite Jareth's death, I think I like this ending much better. My mind is awhirl with ideas and questions. What happened to Sarah in the last 100 years? How is it that she managed to change into something no longer human when the last dreamer failed? What will happen now that she's not in the room anymore - is she still the dreamer?

Absolutely sublime, m'dear. I do wish I had your talent with words. The images you paint, the emotions you evoke...brilliant.
arynwy chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
You, my dear, are just as cruel as you've claimed both Sarah and Jareth to be. This is a whole new story arc and there is more than quite a bit of potential here.
Nanenna chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
This WAS quite dark, and very sad. I expected Sarah to be the anchor and eventually die as the musician before her had. And it certainly looks like it was interesting, but half the zest is missing with Jareth gone. I wonder if you intend to dabble in this alternate ending further or just let it be?
Autumn O'Shea Swan chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Interesting twist. Not happy, but not entirely sad. Looking forward to the sequel.
Katrina Lonestar chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
...Is it wrong that I like this ending better?

I don't know why...maybe it's the White Raven, or the fact that I'm a sucker for a sad conclusion, but I just love this! There's no squee reaction like the one I had for your original ending, but this is beautiful all the same.

Love it.

And I hope that sequel shows up soon!