Reviews for Letters to Irma
girlface chapter 1 . 5/15/2016
That was so beautiful, glad I found it. I haven't read much Daryl / Dale pieces - it was really well written.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
I needed this. I wish there were more Dale stories out there, I really liked the guy, and I appreciated all of the times he went out of his way to help people and take care of them and keep civilization alive. I wish he could have at least lived to hear that they decided not to kill the kid, I think that would have really relieved him. Anyway, I really loved this story, your Darryl was exactly how I picture him, and I definitely think his actions are in character. I also think he was the best person to find them (with Glen and Rick as seconds). Dale's letters to Irma seemed so real too, and substantial somehow, like I was actually reading letters an old man was writing to his wife. This combined my two favorite characters in the best (canon) way possible. Thank you for posting this.
Emerald Kitten chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Brilliant, simply brilliant. There are no other words needed.
Peachuzoid chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
This was excellent! You are a very talented writer! It's nice to kind of get a view of what Dale was like and how he was seeing everything. And just... all of the notes to his wife. Ugh! Sad, but soo good. I also like the fact that Daryl didn't keep reading when he felt it was too personal. Just all of it. :)
ErisandDysnomia chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
My God Musey, that was beautiful! And you know, you have to be right. Out of all the survivors, you know that Dale would be the one with the sentimental streak.

It would be the best therapy too. I mean, no one understood what was going on, yet no one really wanted to talk about it. So to have someone, who would listen no matter what he penned on his paper, I'll bet that was something irreplaceable to old Dale.

God I miss Dale.
Meg chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Holy fucking Christ. This is exquisite. Please become an author so that I may praise your works with my dollars.
writerchick0214 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Awwwwwwww

How the heck did I miss this one too? Jeeze, I should do a better job reading through your work. What a goober.

I really started liking the way Dale and Daryl were interacting...Dale had a real eye for a person's character. And he saw that Daryl was a good man, a really decent person who cares too much but has no idea how to show it. So Daryl finding those letters was perfect, and I love the way you did it.

When Daryl STOPPED reading I thought that was even more perfect. He seems like a man that respects privacy. And even in death he gives it to Dale.

And holy crap the ending was amazing. I love how you played of the "sorry brother" part. Just the best finishing touch.
Rat chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
that was beautiful.
Micca chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
This was lovely your view from Dale's eyes was touching and gave a very real sense of the terror that he was feeling in a real "Dale" way!

My son ,who I am watching the show with , loved Dale he called him "the voice of humanity " you expressed that so well

Thanks
TheFictionFairy chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Excellent characterization of both Dale and Daryl. Nice progression of tension with the outbreak in the letters. Good work.
PaintedViolin chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
May I just say that I am in love with your story. Bravo, well done, excellent work. A piece of me died with Dale in "Judge, Jury, Executioner" and judging by your story, a bit of you did too. Thank you for a wonderful closure to the best character on the series. "Sleep well, brother," indeed.
PervyMonk chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
This is beautiful.

I think I'm going to go cry rivers now. I love this.
Equal-Opportunity-Reader chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Oh, no! Poor Daryl. I cried pretty much all through this! In a good way. It just has that tone of sorrow!

We can cry together, 'cause I'm flat-out bawling now!

Loved it! Even if it did make me cry like a baby.
Bunny-Butler chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
That was lovely.
vmg chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
You aint lying! I'm crying right now. That's the type of love I want! I found this fic very beautiful. Thanx.