Reviews for In the Shadow of Seheron
Sookie Starchild chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Lud! I don't know how to get a hold of you, so I hope you come back and see this. You're review was so kind, I seriously almost cried. Thank you for taking the time to step out of your comfort zone and leave a comment. It was awesome.
Lud chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
I love this story so much, I don't even know where to start. I don't even usually bother commenting at all because I suck at it but I thought you should know. Your prose is almost... lyrical, I think? But so very STEN that it fits perfectly. I was kind of wary of reading a story that had no Warden in it because I'm self-centered like that, but I am really glad I did now, especially because it's as though there's a ghost "kadan" in here anyway.

Gah, it makes me so sad to think of Sten leaving, but it's also undeniable that he has to! Usually I prefer stories where the Warden goes with him, but this! THIS! I love the idea of him carrying the pieces of his journey along with him for company and back into his life, and marrying his newly altered outlook with his deeply-rooted personal philosophies and with the Qun. Now I think that I could read a whole novel that was just about Sten's life after the end of the game. Or even a series where he just goes around killing interesting things.

I want to ask for more like this, although the story is perfect just as it is. I think I just got so comfortable in Sten's head that I don't feel like leaving it yet. I got all the way to the finish before I noticed that there's practically no dialogue and no other characters in the story. And the monster! That reminded me of the old adventure pulp novels I used to read when I was a teenager. I think I'll have to go digging and find some again. I love how you lead into the reveal, with all the little pieces coming together. I think my favorite little part was the one where Sten's thinking about how the Warden would go through the dead peoples' journals and stuff if he was there, and how pointless he thought that was. It made me smile. Zevran's napkin might be a close second. Or maybe Sten just casually raiding the kitchen while he tries to figure out wtf is going on. I just really like the whole thing.

So that ends this rambling review from a random person who's not good at them. But I just thought you should know that I'm printing this out and keeping it forever.
MinionRipley chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Oh, wow, excellent work! I could really feel the tension building up to the encounter with the creature, and the way you wrote the battle was great. I also very much liked how the exploration of Sten's character interwove with the narrative. I really enjoyed the story.