Reviews for The Teyrn's Daughter and the King's Son
Paul Lenzen chapter 71 . 12/6/2018
This was a wonderful read.
justjoe chapter 66 . 11/2/2018
I've liked that you have changed so much of the story but have stayed close to the overall plot. While I have admittedly skipped a few chapters here and there, I have been generally impressed with your writing style.

This chapter, for me, was a miss. Your use of game dialog just didn't match the new content and took me out of the story. I'm not sure why that was done, but it killed my interest in finishing the story.
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 21 . 10/23/2017
I liked these last few chapters very much, the kiss, the cuddling, the caress, the caring and a bit of pain/hurt.
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 15 . 10/22/2017
Finally they confessed, and it was very touching :-)
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 14 . 10/22/2017
You built such a tempo to almost kissing scene, and argh ... only to be interrupted by Leliana.

Thankfully Leliana exonerated herself by that beautiful advice at charter's end else I would have put that bard in to my brown book ;-)
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 13 . 10/22/2017
Though I always understood Isolde's fear for Connor even in game but I wanted a nice set down for her too, it's good to see that Lyra took her to task.
Ohh what an argument and I thought things will finally improve between Alistair and Lyra. Alistair is damn right here, patience is the virtue but it is difficult to explain to Lyra considering Lyra's state of mind.
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 12 . 10/12/2017
It's better that Leliana perceived the problem and offered a shoulder an ear to Lyra. I hope after Lyra soon confesses to Leliana what she actually feels for Alistair. It will give her new perspective to think rather than guarding her heart.

I also liked the way you changed Bevin's story to daring rescue associated with memories of Oren, in some part of her mind she will find the peace that she didn't fail again a helpless child.
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 10 . 10/12/2017
She has developed more feelings for Alistair than she cares to admit and she is just guarding her heart considering her recent loss of all those she loved, but hope she soon sees the folly of it, they both have lost too much they deserve each other, sooner the better.

I always liked this part where Alistair discloses his identity to the female warden, and I liked the way you handled the conversation she being a bit angry first and then understanding.
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 9 . 10/12/2017
It is beautiful and inspiring how you associated that rose with Lyra's birthday and such a fine speech from Alistair.

Finally, Leliana and Sten joined, I was surprised when they were left behind Lothering and yes Lyra was and is being possessive, good ;-)
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 8 . 10/12/2017
Well wait for a second, first with the bar girl and then with not allowing Leliana to come, is Lyra becoming possessive over Alistair? Interesting...
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 7 . 10/12/2017
Finally, Alistair and Lyra are opening up with each other. It is good to see them sharing memories. And little action from Alistair like socks and hanky's are touching and also the excited embrace and comforting support between two of them.

Hahaha, Kestrel is playing friendship maker now.

yes, Alistair, she does deserve a real prince and you have to be one for her ;-)
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 6 . 10/12/2017
Hahaha, Alistair, you could be more appreciative than just job well done, Lyra is new to grey warden thing :-)
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 5 . 10/12/2017
Ohh they both had it bad, Alistair practically starved of attention, care, friendship and love he just jumped onto memories of him and Lyra, how could one blame him. And Lyra how could she explain and talk out of the blue for a loss nothing can ever compare.

Thankfully everything resolved early, and it was cute when Lyra mentioned she remembered him as awkward.
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 3 . 10/12/2017
Witty repartee by Lyra against Howe was excellent and it was touching to see teenage crush with Rory which still was flaming. It really made the story more full of life. Nan, as usual, was very sweet :-)
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 2 . 10/12/2017
Let me congratulate you first for such perfect portrayal of human noble origins family scene, it was infinitesimally better than what game offered and best ever I have read in fanfiction. My first gameplay was with human noble origin female and this story has given life to that character.

The prologue was heart touching as well. The grief this story covers in few lines of prologue speaks volumes.