Reviews for Escape
heretostay chapter 1 . 4/18
The way Lily caved in in the end and even apologized for being angry because she was victimized ruined the whole fic for me. Racism is no small matter, and as a black woman I am shocked that you would actually let them still be together after this in your fic. If James actually ever acted like this, patronized her when she was mad about her friend being killed by racist organizations, then he is no better than Snape and poor Lily for staying with a good for nothing, shitty boyfriend. You're romanticizing James too much even as you're talking about the shitty sides of the relationship. All he had to do was mope a little and Lily welcomed him back with open arms, apologetically, even. Poor girl. If this is actually how it went in canon, I'm worried for Lily. She lets people trod on her without even realizing she lets them.

There are characterization mistakes too. You paint Lily as too innocent and stubborn and scholarly, to the point it wouldn't matter if I just replaced Lily's name with Hermione. JKR repeatedly said that she was more like Ginny, that she was popular, extroverted, snarky and took no bullshit.

James characterization is off, too. James was a bit of a dork from what we see in canon. Goofy. You portray James as too snarky and cool, but he wasn't, Lily was the snarky one, as Slughorn kept talking about how cheeky he was. But of course you can't have that when you're writing about cool pureblooded James who's soft hearted enough to live as a Muggle with her, can you? This is what is wrong with Jily shippers, you all are all about James, and never give Lily enough of a characterization, and when you do, she is this boring, naive, ridiculously humble, sickeningly sweet person who is crippled with guilt when she as much as utters a mean word, because we can't have the girl as the cooler one, of course. Never.

Thank you for this racist fic. It sickened me.
perfect and works with cnaon well too!
Fred chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I get what the story was doing but both Gloria and Lily come off VERY douchy. Gloria WAS insulting James because of who he was, while trying to fight other people doing that. We have a word for people like that and its starts with an H and a Y. Then Lily immediately assumed James disagreed with her because of his blood status, completely ignoring that he could have an well thought out opinion that differed from hers.

The idea that one must have the exact same experiences as someone else or you can't understand ANYTHING around them is one of the most damaging cultural adaptations ever invented and only ends up promoting a culture where the only discussions made are between people who have the same thoughts and experiences with no diversity of thought or opinion.
diggzer chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Amazing how you can do all this in a one-shot
shimmeringbubbles chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Love this. Will you keep going?
thisismyoverthemoonface chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I positively, absolutely LOVE this story. I've read and reread it about 12 times now. I love how it addresses the difficulties within their relationship, not just the classic "she hated him while he loved her", but the fact that he was a wealthy pureblood and she was a muggleborn and their world was in a war. That had to have caused them issues at some point and I'm so happy you wrote something about it!
Untiltheveryend7 chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
This was beautifully written - as always, and the way you handled politics was fantastic as well. And for some reason, I found the part about James and Lily joining the Order really emotional. Because... you know - that picture, and it would be their last 'job', I suppose.

I have a lot of feelings.

Anyway, fantastic job as always, Bee :)
pinkukulele chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Brilliantly written!
Ansy Pansy aka Panz chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
This was different and awesome and amazing! You write each different story and scene with such aplomb, such exactitude, it is all so real and feels utterly set in their lives, in their whole story. Love your writing!
TonksReincarnation chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
This is just so fantastic! Unfortunately, my mind cannot come up with more elaborate and appropriate words for how great this truly is! I clearly don't have the same way with words that you do. I would love to see more stories like this from you in the future (as long as they don't stand in the way of Commentarius, because I'd really like to get a move on with that first).
Scarlet Natalia chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Perfect. This was super raw and exactly how imagine these two would function together. They're just different enough to work. I loved it! You're absolutely wonderful!
Mug chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
More of this kind pretty please.
Mug chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
You're amazing, you know that?
WhiteCamellia chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
This is fantastic! I hope there's more...? :)
ReaderMagnifique chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Awwwwww!

That was so cute - and yet really sad at the same time!

Is it going to stay a oneshot, or carry on as a longer story?