Reviews for Brave New World
BiowareFan chapter 5 . 6/4/2012
Even though this ended sooner than I'd have liked, I still loved how you went about hinting their happy ending

Thank you! D
Nightwriter chapter 5 . 4/26/2012
I'll be honest. I didn't like it. Instead of that great final scene I'd been looking forward to where Matt gets his body back and touches her again for the first time, I get more Stargazer-esque narrative framing devices, more far future epilogues that remove me from the Here and Now I Care About, more scenes told from the perspectives of characters I'm not anchored to. This fanfic appealed to me because it gave me relief from those kinds of things. It showed me the characters I cared about and what happened to them after the ending, when all the actual game gave me was an old man telling a bedtime story.

But to be fair, you do pull it off better than BioWare did - no wince-worthy grandfather dialogue, nice implication that Matt and Miranda are still together and living on under aliases for whatever reason, and indication that the happy and romantic "version" of the Shepard and Miranda story is the real one.

Still... that scene where he first touches her again. Damn. Totally skipped. After all that buildup. And a oneshot? Jesus, that's disappointing.
High Centaur chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
I just have to ask... Are Nick and Clair Shep. and Law.?

Good Job btw. The best shorts I've read in a very long time... Don't even remember the last one now.

~HC
Boo chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
I actually like this ending - not to say that your previous chapters weren't as good. But this one shot ending gives the perfect closure for those who are still afflicted by BioWare's failure.

The end sequence left a sweet ending, even though I'm quite sad that Matt's story has come to an end.

I can't wait for your next update on your other stories.
Collard Greens chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
Slightly disappointed that you decided to keep this as a one shot, but still great to at least get an ending, unlike some stories that are just discontinued right in the middle. Looking forward to more stories from you.
commandocucumber chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
well now i'm all depressed. but its the right KIND of depression. the kind that comes frmo a damned good series having been finished off well.

Thank you for giving us this.
Nightwriter chapter 4 . 4/14/2012
And I'm wondering whether he can find the pleasure centers in her brain and stimulate them while he's floating around in there.

Just sayin'. Should be theoretically possible. No pressure or anything. Not asking you to, say, write a scene where he maybe experiments with that.

Unless you want to. Which would be juuuuuuuuuuust fine. A matter of purely scientific interest, I'm sure everyone would agree. Need to test those synergy boundaries. Brave new world, after all. Much to be explored. Its their duty to pioneer these frontiers, really.

Anyway - sometimes it seems like Matt hasn't matured that much since Portrait. Maybe it's the way he words himself. "Yeah, I was in your head. But I wouldn't do mind control or anything." Almost sounds like he's still a sixteen or seventeen year old. I expect him to crack a boyish grin when she gifts him with a paint program, but in general I would think he wouldn't sound quite so young. Maybe he's just that way around Miranda.
Ieldra2 chapter 4 . 4/13/2012
A short but exciting chapter. Miranda's ascension, yay! Just what I was waiting for.

The persuasion and her change of mind came faster than I expected but I think it's more appropriate than having too much time in-between. Reduces the angsty stuff. Still, I hope we get to see something of the work she's doing as well.

And, hmm, I'm wondering how strange it feels for him to be in a woman's body.
Zhpd2 chapter 3 . 4/13/2012
things just got a lot more... interesting :P
Ieldra2 chapter 3 . 4/6/2012
Another good chapter. The two topics covered here make for interesting reading. Lazarus 2.0 - I think I'm looking forward to them being able to touch again almost as much as Matt himself ;) The control effect came unexpected but poses interesting possibilities and a huge temptation. Looking forward to the next chapter, but no pressure.
animevideogame freak chapter 3 . 4/5/2012
oh snap thats awesome lol control someone else again XD
commandocucumber chapter 2 . 3/30/2012
This story is amazing. KEEP GOING!

you do an excellent job of portraying the hardships of Shepard's situation, and i'm looking forward to seeing what solution they come up with.

I'm a Garrus fan, and I hope he's alright too, but i don't really expect him to appear.
Collard Greens chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
This so far looks like it will be a great story. Definitely better than bioware's ending. Although I personally don't think Shepard (any Shepard, paragon or renegade) would choose any option which resulted in the destruction of the Mass Relays and therefore the deaths of the majority of aliens stranded in the Sol System.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
Well done, I can't wait to see how this story progesses.

Keep up the good work.
Ieldra2 chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
I like where this is going. The hurdles their love has to overcome are unlike most others', that's for sure. What Matt's condition implies for the rest of humanity as well as the other species is nothing less than monumental, though as a reader familiar with transhumanist SF it's not new to me.

I also like the scene where Matt watches Miranda. To be able to see her but not to touch her, now that the war is over and they could finally enjoy each other's company, that must be torture. As for Lazarus 2.0, I guess he'll get a body like EVA, who was indistinguishable from a human to all senses before she got burned in the shuttle crash.

Reuniting with the old friends seems a little odd - so as if he's too easily slipping back into his old life. I'd like to see some other strange effects the Synthesis may have had on him. And I think that at some point in time, it's important that he passes out of the galaxy's history, at least as Commander Shepard.

Anyway, yet again looking forward to what's coming.