Reviews for Strange Love: The 2012 Collection
Thisisfunwhattooksolong chapter 17 . 9/16/2013
OK, finally finished reading these collections now. All in all they were good. I love the randomness of these pairings, although I must question whether the first year's story of Alex X Gwen was entirely random!
I personally believe you can write any pairing, as long as you have the necessary writing skill, but I admit I was pleasantly surprised to find that all of you actually did.

I love the idea of the League of Underappreciated Characters, there are more than a few other fandoms that could benefit from one of those... It was nice seeing characters I'd forgotten getting included - sometimes one of the best bits was reading the character notices at the end and going 'Oh yeah them', having spent the story playing spot the contextual clues, while still being engrossed.

Please pass on my greatest respect to whoever wrote Barbara and Harper as superheroes. I think of all the stories that more than any other was the one that shouldn't have worked, and yet did.

So I'm guessing the 2012 Halloween Collection isn't getting anymore updates. {Sadface}
SilverTurtle chapter 17 . 8/26/2012
Nice. I like how you handled their meeting again, but in a first time kind of way since Lilly was out of her Lola persona this time around. I liked that this wasn't a jump in immediately type romance, but a beginning of something with romantic potential. I think you did well with this pairing.
SilverTurtle chapter 15 . 8/26/2012
What a way to fall in love, lol. Cute idea.
SilverTurtle chapter 14 . 8/26/2012
Interesting take. Esteban with an unrequited crush admiring from afar seems very fitting when the object of his affections is the rarely noticed Grace. I liked the play on Grace's quiet nature making her invisible and that the moment she had a big moment where people can't help but notice her is the last time anyone ever sees her, the trick made all too real. I could have done without the pee talk, but minor distractions like that do happen even in the midst of big moments (always good to be reminded that characters are also people). Well done.
SilverTurtle chapter 13 . 8/26/2012
That was hilarious. I never would have thought to make Harper or Barbara aspiring superheroes. This read just like a cheesy seventies comic, funny and ridiculous. I was chuckling the whole way through. Great job on this one Snapp.
woundedhearts chapter 11 . 8/20/2012
Go Maddie! That guy needed a good punch to the face. Ashton was a putz! Maddie's strength and spirit shined through quite well. Good for her, for taking him out like that, and then bringing him down a few notches. This was great. :)
Christa1910 chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Yay! Weird pairings! Woohoo!
woundedhearts chapter 12 . 8/19/2012
So sad and bittersweet. In a way its nice that she kept tabs on him throughout his life. But its also heartbreaking. So close and yet so far. The ending was definitely a nice touch. : )
Boris Yeltsin chapter 15 . 8/19/2012
Not too shabby.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 12 . 8/19/2012
Good to see this collection back.
SilverTurtle chapter 11 . 6/1/2012
Nice job. I liked how Maddie had Ashton pegged right off and didn't budge in her opinion of him. And I'm always a fan of when a lady gives a guy what's coming to him when he's being a massive jerk, so her punching him in the face was fun. I had to laugh a little that London is who bailed Maddie out of jail, I can't imagine it would happen more than that once but it's great to see they'd maintained a solid friendship like that.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 11 . 5/31/2012
You've done it again.

LOL on Ashton getting beer in his eyes.
woundedhearts chapter 10 . 5/22/2012
OMG what in the world. This was hilarious and so Corrie. She's just...wow! Although i would have asked quite a few more questions if i were Emma. A meeting in the bushes, seriously...LOL! :) This completely cracked me up. I hope this friendship lasts a long time because seriously these two are just too fun together. :)

PS. Sorry for the late review, i honestly thought i had given you one awhile back. :)
woundedhearts chapter 9 . 5/3/2012
London, London, London, what can i say...she defintely places wealth high on her list of priorities. It's nice to see that Connie was able to bring her down to reality a bit and make her see that not everyone bases their life on how much money is in the bank. Hopefully she'll hit it off with the guy and live happily. :)

As always, good oneshot. :)
SilverTurtle chapter 10 . 4/30/2012
That was fun. I like that you worked Corrie's crazy obsession with London into the story and that it worked out in her favor. Having Emma be Corrie's tutor was a clever use of her background. Great way to make this pairing work, too funny.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »