Reviews for De Anima
ColgateKiss chapter 3 . 6/21/2012
Of course! It's 'His Majesty', thanks for flagging. In my mind it goes Victoria to Elizabeth with nobody but Wallace Simpson of interest inbetween! I'll change the detail when I get a chance.

Re Hal being English. Yes, I deliberately went against that for my own purposes, and because I like the denominations of his name across Europe. Vampires have murky pasts, he was in Orsha, whose to say he didn't decide to pass as English to make life easier, take the name York, and play at being a gentleman. In my head... *blush*

Thanks for the lovely reviews guys, SO much appreciated! I'm writing the next chapter, might be a few days as I work f/t.
voodooqueen126 chapter 3 . 6/20/2012
I think Hal might actually be born in York (as indicated by his surname), and that he came by that battle of Orsha as a mercenary (which is surprisingly possible-Thomas Cromwell was a mercenary before he returned to England). Though needless to say I am curious as to why you went against what seemed obvious? Is it appeal of German philosophy?
paperclaire chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
Really enjoying this. It's got an Anne Rice feel with the crying blood and the immortality angst.

Is it a bit AU? (I always assumed Hal was English, and he didn't seem to recognise Tom).

Matthews in the latest chapter was great. You do a lot with relatively few words.
TheTh13vingMagpie chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
This is BRILLIANT and definitely deserves more reviews. Please don't stop writing it, it is fantastic! The descriptions are particularly amazing, and the plot is both gripping and moving at the same time. I'm so intrigued as to how Tom keeps appearing over the years - perhaps strong family genes? Or something more...?

Keep writing, 'tis awesome. ;D
ilex-ferox chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
I love the premise of this and the insight into Hal's relationship with Tom. Pascal was especially apt. Just one point, it was George V on the throne during the Great War, so it should be 'His majesty'.
make-mine-a-kiaora chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
Epic and gripping. I found the descriptions of war particularly powerful and moving. Seeing Hal with Leo and Pearl at the end is a lovely contrast, and not something I expected. It really frames the deep loneliness Hal must feel.
smalltrinkets chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
I am so invested in this story that I am willing to beg for you to continue it. No shame. It's wonderful to read :)
voodooqueen126 chapter 2 . 5/29/2012
You should continue this.