Reviews for Calling Disappeared
Wanderer in the Night chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Confession - I've never seen Thor or the Avengers, and have no immediate plans to (unless they fit Civil War into Phase Three). But, that aside, I do like reading Loki/[insert tortured soul here] fics, and this is one of the best I've come across. I liked the characterisation of both Lily and Loki - they are so believable. Because of the way it is structured through Loki's eyes, with only fleeting glances of the wizarding world and the rest of the Potter-Weasley clan, the story flows far better and the consequential atmosphere created around the characters makes it even more interesting.
DGfleetfox chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
First time I came across this pairing... I have a huge love for Loki's character and I really enjoy Lily Luna... it's novel but awesome. Thanks for writing.
hawkeyeforever chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
This was utterly wonderful! Happy Writing:)
Jess the Enthusiast chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
This is perfect; I totally ship it!
ScarletonWhitePetals chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
That is a really good story! Omg! I never imagined Loki could be so romantic. )
Bookworm290 chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
I've actually read this before, but (for some reason) haven't reviewed! I'm making sure I do this time, especially now that I've seen Thor.
I LOVE your characterization. I feel like Loki is spot-on, and this Lily is fantastic, I love her.
My favourite parts are the little moments the first time he's at her place, when he considers taking the couch, or staying to comfort her, but in the end, she's just a mortal, so why bother? AGH, love it.
And the ending, with him letting her demons stay, sent shivers down my spine. Honestly, this is so fantastic and crazy and perfect!
Raven chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Awww, beautiful! I love this!

It's funny though because when it says Lily leant him her ex's pjs, the first image that popped Into my mind was Loki in ducky patterned footsie pajamas. It was spectacularly strange.
motherpucker chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
TWIN WHY

These days I've basically been just completely consumed by Avengers obsession (I could just watch every single cast interview repeatedly with a cup of black coffee and a cushion to squeeze every time Renner speaks up, to be frank) and of course that's spanned over to Thor - so I've been on the prowl for good Avengers/Thor fanfiction and I was really, really thrilled to see you'd written this! And it lived up to expectations. Really, truly fantastic. I think my favourite thing about your fics (there are a few, but this is definetely one of them) is the way you create these characters that just jump off the screen and obviously have these histories behind them and thoughts and fears and they're three-dimensional and the way that your characters all interact, oh my /god/. I'm going to have to talk about Lily first; she was superb. I don't know why, but I imagined her with slightly shorter hair than I usually imagine her to have in your fics (I don't know if this is just me or if it's mentioned in the fic, sometimes I get these ideas I just can't shake). I love that as well as coming across quite...confident, I s'pose, and a bit self-assured, for approaching Loki, there's something weary and worn about her - like when she's explaining that Scorpius has been trying to shag her for a while - and, of course, as the story goes on, we learn how haunted she really is, and I love that, that Lily has layer after layer and is so well thought-out and seriously vivid.

Secondly; Loki. I cannot even with Loki. You got him perfectly. The sinister edge, the bitterness, the loneliness. I've always loved Loki as a bad guy because in my opinion the bad guy shouldn't be one-hundred percent evil, or motivated purely by...well, nothingness. I mean, I love Loki because he's got all this jealousy and want and loneliness and like I said, you absolutely nailed that. I especially love how you didn't make him be /too/ nice for Lily - writers do that a lot with bad guys, I feel - they make them /change/ for these really bland characters or they make them fall in love instantly but Loki and Lily are almost as haunted as the other and they just have this really vibrant love story and they sort of bounce off one another - and love story isn't the right way to phrase it, I don't think, but.

Anyways: I adored this. Really and truly. You're one of those writers that can make me ship practically anything and your writing style is gorgeous. The end was my favourite bit; I liked how sinister it was.
Incendiarist chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
This is... wow. I love how you've characterised Lily Luna, and Scorpius, too, that seems like his sort of thing, what with the whole Malfoy bit. It hurts my heart that the family can't accept her for being Slytherin––so strong a parallel there, with thinking something in theory, 'Oh, I'm sure they're not all bad', and being faced with it, by someone you care about, logic giving way to 'Oh my god my daughter is a Slytherin'. I think, though, that it fits them to be. They're hardly perfect, and both have such a strong connection to the House Gryffindor, and, well, humans can be weird about little things, like being /different/.

You've got me curious about the nightmares, for the record, and you really ought to write a companion piece, if you can pull off such a stunning ending as you did with this one. I adored it specifically because it was so vague, but still so very much /Loki/. Come and go mad.

*Fav'd

~Incendiarist
OldSkibbereen chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
This was amazing! The idea is something new entirely. Though stylistically I liked the first part more - like those disjointed pieces, they gave off this feeling... Not madness per se, but you know what I mean. Either way you created some atmosphere. And your sense of humour is much appreciated too)) Can't forget

".. but to be honest she's a mortal and he's Loki and sofas aren't really his style" Xp

Thank you, and wish you inspiration for more fics like this one)
Aebbe chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
So basically, I know nothing about Thor (except the original Norse god...) but I placeholded you in review tag, and then when I was scanning down to choose one, this caught my eye and made me read it... because it was such an awesome and original idea, I don't even need to have watched Thor to appreciate the brilliance of Lily/Loki...

I don't know whether Loki in the film is as messed up and slightly insane as you've portrayed him, but I love him nonetheless. You know I adore complex characters, and you've created two of them here. I always love your Lily for that reason - because she always has such depth, and so many little brain-kinks and screw ups that make her utterly human and also bleakly tragic. This sort of tragedy - where characters just sort of implode in on themselves - is so much more effective than the ones where the lovers kill themselves, or everyone is blown to pieces...

This sort of fic is the sort that would have been easy to make humorous, but instead, it was deadly serious, and you made me believe in it. And your writing was, as always, beautiful and flawless. I think the last line was my favourite part of it: "If not, he can always chase them out, send them on to wreak havoc elsewhere. For now he'll let them roam there, though. He thinks she might be perfect if he leaves them long enough." - sent chills down my spine.

Loved it!
HerGoldenWings chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
You are some kind of god. :D
Evil Clone Number 7 chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
I quite like it. Lovely writing, and I like how you play with the relationship developing slowly. I'd love to see what you could come up with if you continued this.