Reviews for like oranges
alchermes red chapter 1 . 3/4
I can't bring myself to ship them, but you made it work wonderfully, and the story feels true to the movie. Really beautiful. I honestly hope you write for a living, because your style is great, a bit convoluted at times, but very vibrant and emotional.
Blue chapter 1 . 1/31
you're right, this movie is so important. I love this story and I love where you took it. perfect. just perfect.
MrsGables chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
This is so adorable. Keep up the good work!
Gabilileinchen chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
That was truly awesome! You just used the right sentiment to continue this magnificient movie. You even managed to cover quite a huge time span with the right pacing in the story. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful piece with us.
LegolasLover2003 chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
You're right of course... every time I watch "The Fall" I just feel so glad of life, even though it's a dark plot, the way it's presented is beautiful and gorgeous. I think I've watched it five times since I discovered it a week or so ago. It captivates the imagination, especially a writer's imagination like mine because I don't plan out stories. I just make them up as I go along, just like Roy. Granted it's not for some ulterior motive but still, it's a familiar process and it just draws me closer to the characters and the film as a whole.
For your story... it was very face paced (no pun intended). I liked it a lot. The way you did Alexandria's accent was beautiful and the heartbreak you wrote for Roy was outstanding. I would have liked to see someone beta this story for you to fix some of the grammatical errors (sentence fragments mostly) so that it read even better but honestly the story as a whole really worked. Your ending even mirrored the movie ending where you get this huge bittersweet moment and then a quick wrap up.
Wonderfully done.
TheBeggarKing chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
I'm dead inside.

This was so adorable and SO well written... If there was ever a sequel this would be it.

I absolutely loved this and you're an amazing writer!
P'tfami chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Beautiful introspective piece with a plot to wit! The Fall is one of those movies that feels like the TARDIS- its bigger on the inside. Like the film, you used beautiful imagery and interspersed the film dialogue so well. More love for this film.
Amazed chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read, and I'm going to read it again. Fucking brilliant. Really. I wish I had this talent.
madnerdwithoutabox chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
I could literally write a gigantic review. But all that I would write can be turned into a single word: perfection.
Carnivo chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
This is an enchanting story. So well-written, and a true accomplishment for that! The pacing is excellent: I feel these quotes have been selected with a great care and passion, and have been scattered most effectively and heart-wrenchingly throughout. You're quite a talent. I hope you never stop writing.
bulletsforvalent chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
It is very sweet
someofusare chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
This is. Wow. Absolutely stunning. I love so so so many things about this, the way you write is so beautiful. The way you wrote about California was especially great, I could see it all, just like in a movie. I love the way you spliced bits from the movie into your own narrative, I love the line about how his hand feels more appropriate on the small of her back than patting her head. It was both poetic and so true of a relationship with a significant age difference, as well as with the way you had him asking her to not see him as her father anymore.
But what I love the most about this was the way you presented their relationship. Instead of some kind of deus ex machina where you have them randomly in love after the movie because why not he's a boy and she's a girl and there's no one else? you turned it into an inevitability. Like something that was always going to happen because they are inextricably intertwined. The last moments are just gorgeous.
All in all, thank you. You did wonderful things with this wonderful movie, you gave an ending that is not only believable but also undeniable beautiful. So thank you thank you thank you for writing such a fantastic story.
ICanSeeYourFace chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Normally, I'm a complete grammar- and typo-nazi, but this... I just couldn't. The grammar and typo errors I found didn't matter. This is so beautifully written, like a stream of consciousness just exploding in color and impressions and narrative. I love how you interspersed your narrative with dialogue from the movie, it lent so much depth and meaning to the story. You've captured the characters to a tee, from Roy and his inner demons to Robin with his fierce friendship to Alexandria herself: a young lady but still with the lighthearted disposition. I would love to read more The Fall-fics from you, you seem to have such a vivid and solid connection to the inner thoughts of the characters as well as the original narrative. Well done! :)
fallingredbandit chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I think I just died and went to heaven.

This was absolutely beautiful; poetic and wonderful, I felt every movement and spoken word come alive in my head. I could imagine everything. The way the movie was, graceless and graceful, is the way this story is. Too good to be a fanfiction, too perfect to ever be considered a movie because they would never do it justice. I wept and laughed and honestly, my heart is just over-flowing with intense emotion. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
Zuvios Gemini chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
This was a most beautiful piece of writing, and I'm sure I'll read it again and again. Marvelous. Simply marvelous.