Reviews for like oranges
Amazed chapter 1 . 3/25
This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read, and I'm going to read it again. Fucking brilliant. Really. I wish I had this talent.
madnerdwithoutabox chapter 1 . 1/30
I could literally write a gigantic review. But all that I would write can be turned into a single word: perfection.
Carnivo chapter 1 . 1/22
This is an enchanting story. So well-written, and a true accomplishment for that! The pacing is excellent: I feel these quotes have been selected with a great care and passion, and have been scattered most effectively and heart-wrenchingly throughout. You're quite a talent. I hope you never stop writing.
bulletsforvalent chapter 1 . 1/5
It is very sweet
someofusare chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
This is. Wow. Absolutely stunning. I love so so so many things about this, the way you write is so beautiful. The way you wrote about California was especially great, I could see it all, just like in a movie. I love the way you spliced bits from the movie into your own narrative, I love the line about how his hand feels more appropriate on the small of her back than patting her head. It was both poetic and so true of a relationship with a significant age difference, as well as with the way you had him asking her to not see him as her father anymore.
But what I love the most about this was the way you presented their relationship. Instead of some kind of deus ex machina where you have them randomly in love after the movie because why not he's a boy and she's a girl and there's no one else? you turned it into an inevitability. Like something that was always going to happen because they are inextricably intertwined. The last moments are just gorgeous.
All in all, thank you. You did wonderful things with this wonderful movie, you gave an ending that is not only believable but also undeniable beautiful. So thank you thank you thank you for writing such a fantastic story.
ICanSeeYourFace chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Normally, I'm a complete grammar- and typo-nazi, but this... I just couldn't. The grammar and typo errors I found didn't matter. This is so beautifully written, like a stream of consciousness just exploding in color and impressions and narrative. I love how you interspersed your narrative with dialogue from the movie, it lent so much depth and meaning to the story. You've captured the characters to a tee, from Roy and his inner demons to Robin with his fierce friendship to Alexandria herself: a young lady but still with the lighthearted disposition. I would love to read more The Fall-fics from you, you seem to have such a vivid and solid connection to the inner thoughts of the characters as well as the original narrative. Well done! :)
fallingredbandit chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I think I just died and went to heaven.

This was absolutely beautiful; poetic and wonderful, I felt every movement and spoken word come alive in my head. I could imagine everything. The way the movie was, graceless and graceful, is the way this story is. Too good to be a fanfiction, too perfect to ever be considered a movie because they would never do it justice. I wept and laughed and honestly, my heart is just over-flowing with intense emotion. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
Zuvios Gemini chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
This was a most beautiful piece of writing, and I'm sure I'll read it again and again. Marvelous. Simply marvelous.
Lucifer's Garden chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Perfect. Just perfect. I don't even know what else there is to say.
PASIV-Dreamscape chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
That has got to be the best [The] Fall story I've yet read! I'm not into the whole romance thing though, even though she's matured.
It just didn't feel right, and I like how you kind of added that to Roy's feelings about it as well.
It was a long but fun and great read.
Your writing is unique, but an adventure to follow (very visual).
I wish there were more good stories like this.
Mentallyconfusedidiot chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Let me just tell you this, usually I'm tough as nails when it comes to emotional stories - but this one really moved me. Beautiful little gem of a fic to an equally beautiful movie, I can do nothing but applaud you and fall to my knees in worship.
InkyPhoenix chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Words cannot describe how perfect this is. Thank you
PuffleHuff chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever read. I've been in love with The Fall since film school, and am even more in love with Roy and Alexandria now, having read this. Absolute beauty and grace.

Mmm, love...
impsen chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Lovely, lovely, lovely! Thank you for writing this.
EmpireX chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Oh my goodness! How beautiful! How lovely! A perfect mixture of prose and poetry. Thank you for writing this.