Reviews for Human Nature
Sophie chapter 14 . 11/15
So... I just read all of this series in less than a day and wow. This is amazing... It's brilliant! ;) it may have been 5 years since you wrote this, but you can always start again ;P I think my favourite one was Loop, but they're all amazinggg :D
princessofthedeadsheep chapter 14 . 5/27
This is amazing and I absolutely love it.
Oh dear. John's anguish is positively heartwrenching. I am a bit confused about that now — would he be an element of the Doctor's personality? Or in reality a different person aside from the deepest intrinsic character in him and a few personality quirks? But either way, he is a man who believes himself to be real, and to erase that away essentially feels like suicide, whether it is or not in reality. That's got to be a hard decision to make.
The build-up to climax is certainly more intense than S&J. I'd wish them luck, though, I have faith that they probably won't need it :)
I love how youportray John's character in this story, it's different from canon since there isn't the 1960s values dissonance, but the comparisons are very striking and believable. John is a different person from the Doctor, aspects of him still show through (aliens aside). He's scared as he has no understanding of the situation, like the Doctor did, but he still tries to assert control of the situation and prioritizes the safety of his patients. That's the Doctor all over. It was a minor part, but I really liked how he interacted with his students in the beginning of this chapter. Unlike the unfortunate Mr Whatshisname?, he didn't shoot down their ideas or belittle them, and was very encouraging. And humorous (early onset of diabetes, really?) What I wouldn't give to have him as a teacher XD Pity he'd be even better at saving the universe.
Things are looking really tense now, so I am hoping that Rose or Martha or whoever just save him right about now...otherwise he can die in human form, can't he? *squeaks in nervous anticipation*
John, the plasmavore, the family of blood all congregated at one that's quite a scene!
I am feeling a little bad for John in this chapter because while he is not the Doctor, his love for Rose hasn't changed. He is a normal 21st century guy now. With her acting so distant, any lesser man would have done something far more drastic than having paranoid thoughts. I am kind of hoping she can be more understanding or adaptive, even though I suppose this whole situation is just really unfair on both of them.
On the other hand, Jack is awesome, and John singing the karaoke is hilarious! (And no, I can't believe I haven't watched that video yet. I totally should do that after I finish reading your story.) This scene reminds me very strongly of how he saved the day like the Doctor despite still being human, which I am guessing is your intention. Never would have imagined S&J and HN plots could be weaven into a single story, but you do it so seamlessly. I am utterly amazed by your talent.
Whoa,it's Sally Sparrow and the timey wimey videos!
Love how many canon references you put into this story. They just fit in so perfectly without feeling forced at all. Your stories always have such captivating plots and I just want to say that you are an awesome writer. You don't just write beautiful words and rounded characters, you tell stories. Interesting, amazing, exciting stories that just make me want to read on without pausing at all (except to leave a review to show my appreciation). And that is a real gift.
I find Rose's reaction to the situation quite true to her character. She definitely has an innate desire for adventure, just like the Doctor. She wants to live an exciting life and she can hold up to it. Which is definitely a very important factor of why this ship works out (or would have, if not for the canon Journey's End, and I still very much doubt leaving her with 10.5 in an AU is a wise or right decision).
Wow. Back to their time? And working at that hospital? As always, your story is really captivating...Getting reeeeally interesting here, can't wait to read on!
Emerald Alitrex chapter 14 . 4/2
Best fic I've read in a while! Love your take on it!
DwFaN chapter 14 . 3/7
Idk how you managed to rewrite like 3 episodes of doctor who and make them almost better than the originals, my guess is your like Moffat in disguise or something
Continue writing this story is awesome
FIF chapter 14 . 2/25
I'm done! I finished all your stories! Thank you! The trip was wonderful! I hope you keep writing and I'm am SO staying tuned for any stories you add! :)
luckbringer chapter 14 . 2/14
This is such a good story arc! Thank you so much for writing in adventures for the dream team. Please keep writing! :)
Oh, and I really like how you tied in Family of Blood and Smith and Jones together. It was refreshing to have a Human Nature episode without the same old stuff.
BrowsingAbout chapter 14 . 12/30/2014
So good! I love this universe you've created, a perfect melding if the show and your ideas. Loved it! Will we get to read a Blink story?
tenthdoctor10 chapter 14 . 12/26/2014
I think this is pretty sweet! Love the snogging.