Reviews for The Ghost of Christmas Past
BeckNiece chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
Really sweet story. Thank you.
anonymous chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
I love this. You made me smile. Ooooh, and the feels... Thank you.
melove167 chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Great story. Such a clever idea, I think I'll do that too someday. It makes you think about your past and present and what you've become. Again great story,nicely written!
Late Bloomer 23 chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
One thing about this fanfiction it sort of makes you reflect on yourself and the life that you lead yourself, i really enjoyed this thanks for sharing
Emma chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Aww this was really good the idea of writting a letter to your future self with some advice is a good idea
Canon Archives chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
So sweet! I love the ending! 3
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
This made me have a feels attack. And Im in a tent its not like there's brick walls in between mine and my brothers rooms its just canvas (yeah he's not happy atm.) I JUST HAVE TOO MANY FEELS FOR THIS FIC! Asdfghjkl I JUST loved every ounce of it. From the way Ron speaks to himself in the letter and the way he just admits to himself that he's head over heels for Hermione (that's when the squealing started) and the way he talks to Hermione its like he's got so much love all bottled up inside him and he just wants to give it all at once and the way he was with Rose was just the sweetest thing ever. I just can't this is too perfect!

Keep up the amazing work and DFTBA!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
You've done an absolutely brilliant job with Ron's character here. See, it seems like a lot of people either make him a complete jerk or just make him too much of a perfect character, and you've struck that perfect happy medium by getting him so perfectly in-character. I love Ron's letter to himself; I think the writing style sounds so much like him, especially as a teenager, and I can also imagine him doing such a thing right before he was going to leave Shell Cottage. I love the distinction between Ron's life when he wrote the letter and Ron's life now, because they're such polar opposites and they create a lovely, sharp contrast that I really enjoyed. I like the letter simply because it's set in Deathly Hallows, too, and that's one of my favorite time periods over the course of the Harry Potter books. This was written absolutely wonderfully, too, and I didn't notice any mistakes in spelling/grammar or canon-ness, either. I really can't think of anything to criticize about this; it was fantastic, so canon, so in-character, and it's just like a missing scene from the years between the last chapter of DH and the epilogue. Great job!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
This was absolutely brilliant. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not Ron's biggest fan. But the way you captured him here was absolutely stunning. I really adored the idea of Ron writing himself and having Bill sent it to him ten years later. It's a very unique idea, or at least one I haven't seen in fanfic before.

You played it wonderfully and I found myself enjoying this. The letter itself was brilliant and I like the way that it starts off scolding then telling himself that he should want to better himself. That he should want to better himself for Hermione and take things less seriously.

And the fact that Ron takes his 17 year-old self's advice is just plain wonderful. It shows that he really does care and he wants to do everything to make himself and Hermione as happy as possible.

Overall, this is just gorgeous.
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
I can't decide whether to hate you or love you, because I think you just made me /like/ fluffy /Romione/. That just doesn't happen. I don't think you understand just how much that doesn't happen. Granted, I still do not ship them (and I doubt I ever will), but it didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the piece. It just /flows/ really well. I love the way you write. It's so easy to read. My attention doesn't wander as much as it usually does when I'm reading fics over 2K.
You did a really good job with Ron's voice in the letter — letters can get tricky, too, so well done on that.
I also love the little details you throw in there, like Hermione insisting upon wrapping presents the Muggle way, and how Rose's next Christmas will be the one she really gets into the spirit of things. The little details matter, and you really make them contribute to the piece.
One little thing — I'm a bit confused at the beginning as to why Ron's mind jumps to bad things when he realises Bill is owling instead of flooing. In emergency situations, Floo is faster. Why would he owl during an emergency if he doesn't normally?
That's relatively minor, though, and overall the piece is really well done.
CretianStar chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
oh Sweetness! I adored it, that had to be the cutest thing in the world!
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
That was adorable. :) Really well done- I enjoyed it a lot.
jennimiley chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
AW! Another cute story! I love the mushy happy gooey squishy feelings!
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
This was one of the sweetest, loveliest Ron/Hermione stories I've ever read! Ron's letter to himself made me tear up - I think he would definitely have spent the time in Shell Cottage away from Harry and Hermione beating himself up for doing so, but I liked that in his letter, he was deciding to act instead of just moping about. The 'at home with Ron and Hermione' scene was adorable - and I loved the image of Ron feeling guilty about wrapping the presents with magic and ending up back in the study so as not to alert Hermione to that. It seemed a very 'Ron' thing to do! Also, daddy!Ron is my favourite, and he was just adorable here :) Lovely job with this one, it was completely adorable, and very Christmassy, too!
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Okay, so this was adorable. I love the idea of Ron writing a letter to himself, and the way he poured out his feelings was just beautiful - I think the representation of his emotions from that time is absolutely perfect. And the ending - aww :3 I love how happy he is with Hermione, but that they don't agree on everything (e.g. wrapping the presents), because let's face it, they wouldn't be them without the bickering, would they? And the bit with Rose was really cute. There were a couple of minor spelling errors but overall I really enjoyed this!