Reviews for Unbreakable
pronker chapter 3 . 5/1/2014
I'm so glad you tackled this sort of story - it's intense.
AliuIce0814 chapter 3 . 10/11/2013
I'm crying. This was beautifully written and is probably my favorite fanon version of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. I love their bond and am jealous of it; I wish I could be connected with someone like that.

Well done. Yeah, it was kind of slashy, but I don't mind. Love in any form is awesome.
Ocne chapter 3 . 6/22/2013
The slashiness continues!

The details about the bond were interesting, but my favorite part came just after, when Obi-Wan tried to give back the stone. Or, rather, tried awkwardly to ask why Qui-Gon had given it to him. I liked your depiction of Qui-Gon's reaction : hurt, even angry, but clear-headed enough to realize the boy might have had said one thing, while meaning another.

'You'd have saved me a lot of heartache?'
I wonder if the phrase needs a question mark.

The ending is both heart-warming and heart-breaking. They mended their bond, but Qui-Gon will not always be there to lead.

Thank you for sharing!
Ocne chapter 2 . 6/21/2013
*grins at the author* The fic is slashy, huh? It most certainly is. There is a lot of touching here, embracing, kissing and caressing. LOL No, I'm not complaining at all.

I gave a start when Obi-Wan started to sob. Somehow, I didn't expect his emotions to be so near the surface and so raw yet. But the events are still very recent and I liked Qui-Gon's reaction to his padawan's grief.
And Qui-Gon voicing his fears that, perhaps, he was the cause for his students leaving him. Oh my. That must be hard to bear for a teacher.
Loved the banter at the end.

Now it's my turn to talk about finding the echoes of one's imagination in another's words. The characterization, the tenderness, the vulnerability - I loved it.
Ocne chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
The writing style is very enjoyable. I liked it that you took the time to show the master and the apprentice in their quarters, going on about their everyday life.

Obi-Wan wants to train even on his day off? That doesn't surprise me. But what did, was Qui-Gon's answer. Nice honesty. And then, even more : Qui-Gon tells what he really wants and asks Obi-Wan to accompany him. Very good. Seems like a truthful and a mature relationship.
Bloody Phantom chapter 3 . 9/6/2012
nice sort little fic you got there...i can see areas that need a little bit more work, but, overall, it was a nice little fic...good job
Bloody Phantom chapter 2 . 9/6/2012
how old is Cyran? 'cause you made him sound older and wiser then i had pictured him...when Cyran said, "We non-Force users really are the majority, aren't we? I hadn't thought of that. I didn't really expect to be able to be trained, but a small part still hoped. I thought maybe you felt better than the rest of us because of your good fortune, but you actually are so compassionate. You actually seem guilty or sad that you can't help me."
he sounded more intelligent then the young child i was picturing...he sound like he was around Obi-Wan's age.
Bloody Phantom chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Good start!
Archaeologist chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
I really liked that they talked through the Melida/Daan episode and got to see how the other one was feeling. Very sweet and gentle. Well done.
Valairy Scot chapter 3 . 4/16/2012
AW...and what a great explanation for Obi-Wan's long not-quite-but-sort-of mourning for Qui-Gon.
pronker chapter 1 . 3/22/2012