Reviews for Mosaic
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 11 . 4/3/2012
First a Janeway drabble and now a J/C Resolutions drabble? Oh you are awesome :D

This is exactly what I imagine in this scene is the forebearance (I suppose) that comes with them returning to Voyager after all the time that they've spent together, because now they have to leave it all behind.

There's so much subtext in this scene, and I'm glad that you were able to flesh out a lot of it. Shame they never revisited it on the show...

Great job!

CrlkSeasons chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
i have to echo 7 and refer to your two wonderful passages that describe B'Elanna and Kathryn so well. B'Elanna's grief is more visible, but in this context, Kathryn's inability to express hers is movingly poignant.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
You know, I knew that this was the Janeway drabble (hooray!) from the moment that I read the word 'teacup';)

This is beautiful, and so hauntingly in character for her. I remember this scene in 'Endgame' very well, because there's a sense of great solitude and sacrifice when we see the Admiral alone in her apartment; it's heartbreaking.

And then there's the loss of Chakotay, and you paint a beautiful picture here of how this loss has affected her (or will, I suppose, if we're considering the future...).

"B'Elanna would probably punch something, throw a few things. But that was normal. It helped her vent.

Kathryn didn't know how to vent." - perfect descriptions of both their characters in response to grief. B'Elanna is always one to let it out, and Janeway withdraws, closing herself off because she doesn't want to appear vulnerable.

This is beautiful and heartbreaking, and so very well-written. Thank you for writing this :')

Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 9 . 4/1/2012
Aw... that's so sad :'(

This is a tragic look into the broken life of B'Elanna's childhood, and it's heartbreaking to see the early steps into the spiral that shaped her. It's really tragic too, to see her mother push away B'Elanna's childhood innocence in this, and her comment about the science fair being 'the only thing she's good at' is a dagger to the heart.

Beautiful work :)

Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 8 . 3/31/2012
You know, the first time I read this I thought that this was from Janeway's perspective and that Chakotay had forgotten about one of their dinners! (Can you tell that I'm still waiting for the Janeway drabble? XD)

But this suits B'Elanna and her own wavering grip on her emotional control of everything that she knows. I liked that you touched on the nicknames that she and Harry have for each other (I've always found that interesting). Also how very interesting that she still stays and sits with him ;)

Nicely done,

alpha flyer chapter 7 . 3/30/2012
Loved this. The oscillation between delight, fear and confusion in Tuvok - one of Tim Russ' finest hours of acting, beautifully recaptured. Possibly my favourite of this series so far.

PS am not logged in as I was reading this on my blackberry ... :-)
CrlkSeasons chapter 7 . 3/30/2012
A thought provoking chapter. In a few short paragraphs, you've managed to raise very interesting questions.

If a person suffers a character changing brain injury is the person that they are now valued as much as the person they used to be? Do they need to return to that previous identity to ever be viewed again as whole?
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 7 . 3/30/2012
I really like the different approach that you took to Tuvok's character in this one. I've always liked the different side of him that we saw 'Riddles' and this is a nice addition to that.

I think it's natural for Tuvok to be questioning his old ways in this state of mind because they would seem strange to him now, so I like that you touched on that here.

Nice job!

Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 6 . 3/30/2012
This chapter gives a sort fragility to Mezoti that we never saw on the show, and I like the dimension that it adds to her character.

"She could not decide if thinking of her Voyager family would help her adaptation or hinder it, but thinking of them was most natural. So she thought of them, almost all the time, and that helped her to smile, even with the strange weight on her chest that she supposed the Doctor would call developing her humanity." - lovely description

Nicely done.

CrlkSeasons chapter 6 . 3/29/2012
I have wondered what motivation Mezoti (the character) would have to leave the ship with Rebi and Azan. She was such a spunky little girl. I was sorry to see her go.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 5 . 3/28/2012
I like the sort of unwillingness here in B'Elanna's realization of her feelings. She almost doesn't want to accept them but she knows that they've already been there for so long that she cannot deny them now.

The description of Tom lying there is unsettling, and I'm sure that to B'Elanna it was whole other form of terror.

Great work!

Alpha Flyer chapter 5 . 3/28/2012
Lovely, and the moment of (however unwilling) revelation I always imagined, too.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 4 . 3/27/2012
What a lovely chapter :) I like how you delve into this sort of awareness that Chakotay has about his surroundings and the people that he shares his life with.

"And Kathryn. Kathryn" - It may only be three words, but it is full of so much J/C subtext that it's awesome :D I love the fact that her name is mentioned twice; it shows that she means something significant to him.

I like the sense of fulfillment at the end of this; even though Chakotay knows that in all likelihood he's disappointed his father he's still managed to find a home on Voyager.

CrlkSeasons chapter 4 . 3/27/2012
I like the idea that Chakotay includes all people in his thoughts, not just those whom he calls friends. This is appropriate to his spiritual nature, although that tended to fade more into the background in later years.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 3 . 3/26/2012
I love how you capture so much trepidation in such a brief moment and how it encompasses so much of B'Elanna's character.

"The words trembled through her mind like ripples on a pond" - what a lovely image.

You also make it clear as to why B'Elanna despises her life on Kessik IV, and it doesn't seem like the nicest picture of paradise to me.

I like that B'Elanna wonders about her own potential to be amongst those legends; she really had no idea at the time ;)

Lovely job,