Reviews for Chuck vs the Sound of Music II
Martin Traynor chapter 55 . 2/9
I just have to say...WOW! Great stories, both part 1 and part 2. I laughed, I cried, and I spent WAAAAY too much time in the restroom sneaking quiet moments to read these wonderful stories. What a gift you have, and what a gift you've given me with these stories.

It's no exaggeration to say that I'll be re-reading these both almost immediately.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Nomadic Nerd chapter 55 . 11/17/2014
I didn't think it would be possible to top the first SOM but I was wrong again. Seriously you are going to give me a complex for proving me wrong so often! LOL! I loved the research you put in this and the pictures on your blog! OUTSTANDING! You have a real gift! Thank you and PLEASE keep writing!
Nerdtastic78 chapter 55 . 10/9/2014
So I know I am years late for the party but I had to jump on here and just share a tiny bit of my enthusiasm for this story. I'm not sure how you managed to make this as amazing as it is but I thank you. By far the best AU in Chuck fanfic I have ever read. I love how the world of spy Barbie kept flashing on the canon from the original story. The whole story left me feeling warm and fuzzy at the end. Again, I thank you for taking the time to create this world and invite us all in.
Guest chapter 55 . 8/17/2014
I just got done re reading Chuck vs The SOM and Chuck vs The SOM II. I just want to say that they are the best written Chuck story's. The emotions I felt while reading them (Laughter,Joy,Sadness and even some tears). I know this must been a lot of work to write. I would love to see this made into a movie. I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am to you for writing them. I know your probably done with this series but I for one would love to see how Chuck and Sarah and all the kids in a sequel. Once again thank you for taking me on a Great Journey...
williamfloyd2000 chapter 55 . 7/6/2014
I'm a little late to the story, I know. You did a fantastic job on both.
Molotov chapter 39 . 6/25/2014
I laugh without fail everytime I read the Chevy Impala joke in this chapter.
Molotov chapter 25 . 4/12/2014
Do you have a list of nicknames for all the characters, or did the fellas only come up with Doctor, Bronco, and Enforcer?
Molotov chapter 14 . 3/12/2014
It is no secret to you, dear author, how much I adore you and this series of stories. They are so many different things, all good.

But it is the small moments that I love most. Moments like the sterile description of the song "Call Me Maybe" in this chapter. Boiling down that pop earworm so succinctly... Man. Those are the moments that make this story GREAT.
Molotov chapter 36 . 3/11/2014
On my gajillionth re-read of this story, I only just now got that Chuck's disguise is as Faendral the Dashing from Thor.

Can't figure out who Sarah is, if she is indeed mirroring someone else. Her disguise from Season 4 when she was a runway model?
DarkSpyder25 chapter 54 . 2/9/2014
Accidentally hit the submit review button:

Take my opinions for what you will; you are the mastermind of this saga and always write the way you envision the story. To conclude I want to thank you once again for writing this amazing story for Chuck fans everywhere.
DarkSpyder25 chapter 55 . 2/9/2014
Well I finally finished reading this epic you wrote, which is an accomplishment that pales in comparison into the long hours of dedication you obviously put into this story. There is so many things that amazes me about this story; your attention to detail, the fleshed out characters of the 7 kids, the missions in the story, the overarching plot, and many more to name.

When I read fanfics I usually can only read stories that keeps the canon characters personalities intact, and not once in your two stories did I feel you wrote them out of character. There are a handful of writers on here that I know if they write something it is going to be amazing, and you without a doubt one of them.

Your writing evoked emotions in me with your writing, and I am not ashamed to admit that you wrote some heartwarming moments that made me shed a few tears. You wrote the characters so well I got wrapped into the emotions they are feeling.

Spoilers for this story from this point on:

You mentioned in the final chapter that you may at some point come back to this universe, and if you have more story to tell about this epic family I will wait in anticipation if you decide to pick up your AU again.

However I have to hope if more is written you rethink Sarah's decision about her employment. I get that Sarah made emotional character changing evolution throughout your story, but being a spy and helping the world is part of who they are. I can't see Megan allowing her Aunt to retire when she knows Sarah could help the world.

Actually my one and only gripe with your story is Sarah's reaction to Frost and Orion. I hated how in Moscow Sarah wanted to win approval from them, when in reality it should be them that sought approval from Sarah. In my opinion Sarah had the right attitude at the beginning of the story, be a spy, wife, mother but not take any long term missions. She shouldn't take from from Frost and Orion that you can either be a spy or you can have a family.
Molotov chapter 55 . 1/15/2014
God, what do I say about this story?
Oh, I know.
Thank you.
Thank you for putting something good into this world.
Thank you for all the time and energy and effort into a thing you chose to do, not for money, but for the pureness of doing IT.
Thank you.

There's so much in this I love. It's a fun story. I hesitate to call it 'fluffy' because that doesn't do it justice. It's just...a purity to it. It is happy and uplifting.
I'm a fan of the show in-jokes aplomb. Agents Cole and Barker, Agents Barstow and Vegas. Spy Barbie and her strangely familiar missions.
Also, you were very sensual and arousing love scenes. Just sayin'.

That's about all I have to say for now. I'm typing this on my phone and dinner is waiting.

I love this story, love you, and thanks.
Molotov chapter 28 . 1/14/2014
You know what I really love about this story? It's so sweet. I mean, I damn near get a sugar rush from reading it. If you want an absolutely happy and heartwarming Chuck and Sarah story, this is where you go. It's the perfect antidote because I just got done reading an ultra depressing (and VERY good) Chuck and Sarah story and I needed a pick-me-up.
I followed your note to your blog to check out the dress. And bonus, it's a legit dress worn legit by Ms. Strahovski. Gosh, she's pretty. Man, I wish I had Zach Levi's hair.
Molotov chapter 18 . 1/13/2014
Chuck and Sarah, the Eiffel Tower illuminated, dancing together. Fuckin' beautiful, man.
uplink2 chapter 55 . 11/22/2013
So Quistie, after a few starts and stops I finally finished this epic work. What can I say that hasn't already been said by the almost 1500 prior reviews. Simply a brilliant and thoroughly enjoyable read. There are so many elements that went into this story that really show through. But your research in particular and your intense desire to make this all be so real for us is one of the things you should be most proud of. It is so clearly visible that you didn't just sit down at a keyboard and write, you spent hours of research time both you and Neil in making sure this piece carried that level of truth, honesty and accuracy all the way through, and it shows believe me.

You characterizations of both canon characters and your plethora of OC's are fantastic. We really got to know each and every one of those children and could easily pick them out as to who was speaking after just a few words. They each had their own personalities and we got to know all of them. But I do want to highlight just how much I loved Carina in this story. She is always one of the characters I enjoy reading most and this may be my favorite version of her. So incredibly well done from beginning to end.

Plus you told a great story and gave us a fantastic conclusion. I think we all knew where this would end up but it didn't matter, we wanted to take that ride. You captured the essence of what I think was the reason I fell in love with Chuck and Sarah and their romance. The show may have stumbled and damaged the very rare and unique purity to that romance but you never did. There wasn't a single moment when these characters were made to act OOC to simply drive a contrived plot point. Each action or inaction fit perfectly into how we knew them and it drove the story to greater heights because of that fact. I never felt there was an evil librarian behind the curtain pulling levers and sending in unnecessary, robotic, and phoney smoke screens. This was Chuck and Sarah and all of these characters dealing with the cards they were dealt honestly and it showed at every point along the way.

So thank you for gracing us with your talent and your dedication, both you and Neil deserve high praise. It was a monumental effort and it deserves all the praise it has garnished. I can't wait to read what you have coming next. Bravo!
1,495 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »