Reviews for Life on the Outside
Teekalin chapter 2 . 7/26/2015
Please please please please please update please.
I just watched Parked for the first time yesterday and I'm in desperate need for a fic like this. This seems like a very good fic and it's a shame not to continue with it. So please, update :-)
waszka098 chapter 2 . 7/24/2014
Będziesz kontynuować ? :)
drawnoncatwhiskers chapter 2 . 1/30/2014
Aww, I feel so bad for them! :( Cathal especially..
drawnoncatwhiskers chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
How the past is coming to in this for modern Arthur and Cathal is awesome. :)
Palimpest chapter 2 . 9/22/2013
Cathal's grip tightening on the watch when Arthur sat down was a great detail. I feel that Cathal's life story came out too soon, all that the two characters have had together is a very brief introduction (whereas Fred and Cathal in the movie Parked had a casual sit down and a good long hang out first, and Cathal was high when he admitted it).
Palimpest chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
I like how you've set up Arthur's background. I'm excited to see how the story will go.
Adelina Le Morte March chapter 2 . 4/12/2013
Hey, still enjoying the story, SO putting it on favorites/alerts, but just a few little pointers, okay?

one) when you're writing that someone owns something like "Cathal's Car" it should NEVER look like this "Cathals car" or "Cathals friends" or "Cathals parents" etc... That implies that there are several different Cathals not that one Cathal has friends or parents or a car.

two) swearing is a story CHOICE when it comes to dialogue, but it's a little tacky when it's in the prose of the story itself. Yeah, some writers can get away with it ON OCCASTION, but lets face it most of us are NOT Ian McEdwin and should have more sense than to try and get away with cuss words in the prose. Even good ol' McEdwin only did so SPARINGLY, most of his F-bombs were dropped IN dialogue, save MAYBE one or two MAX. Also, if you're going to be dropping words like the F-word and "Sh*t" etc for a sense of realism of the characters' lifestyles frequently you may want to consider changing your story rating to M instead of T. Overall, this story's langauge content IS a little on the strong side for a T. Remember T means thirteen and older your story is okay for. M means SIXTEEN and older. I think more sixteen year olds would be capable of comfortably reading a story like this than thirteen year olds.

Three) There is no need, as I've said to dozens of other writers who've made the same mistake, for you to put anything aside from your author notes in bold type. For emphasis, all you need is Italtics. Or MAYBE, the occastional all caps should the situation call for it, but even that should be used sparingly.

That said, I really think you've got a great grip of Cathal's character overall in this fic. "500 borrowed from a Tom, or was it Jim? It didn't matter, Cathal just knew he owed somebody money, and the crowd he'd fallen into since his Da has thrown him out weren't the forgive and forget kind of folk. No. He HAD needed it. Well, the majority of the money he'd spent on basic supplies- food, water, and all that crap. But there were the drugs. Okay, so maybe these people weren't a great influence on him… And that was part of the reason he was living in his car. Broke his mother's heart and it was his fault she'd passed away." I LOVE those paragraphs because they sound SO much like Cathal from the movie. They're brillantly written, good work on that.
Adelina Le Morte March chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
GREAT STORY SO FAR! I love this! Arthur and Cathal are both wonderfully in character, and I adore the Arthurian legend referrences. So fitting and sweet! Adorable!
FlyingLovegood123 chapter 2 . 3/14/2013
I'm liking this! I hope you update soon. You're a very good writer, and write Arthur well. Good job! Update soon, please!
KomokiEmrys chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
I gotta be honest, I had to look up how much that amount of money was. Anyway, continue?
KomokiEmrys chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
This movie was so sad. I expected the ending but it still didn't stop it from hurting less. I just wish I would have expected the ending to Merlin, maybe then it wouldn't have hurt as much.
Merlocked18 chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
Really, these two characters are quite similar. Arthur's mother died and Arthur could be blamed for that, in some way. I love the character Cathal and I'd like to see the friendship between these two develop. Maybe in this version Arthur might be able to save Cathal? Never have I cried as much watching a film when Cathal...well, I wanted to rip my heart out. Please continue :-) thanks
sreya ray chapter 2 . 2/16/2013
Please do write more...
sreya ray chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
oh wat a lovely beginning!
AddictedToLove chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Wow that is quite a nice beginning I should say... please do continue