Reviews for This Loneliness
Kaschra chapter 9 . 2/16/2014
I read the whole fanfic in on go - I just couldn't stop!
It was amazing... and it broke my heart. Okay, considering it was a Caius/Yeul fanfic, it was bound to be tragic ;A;
But that scene in chapter 8 with the kiss, I couldn't stop smiling... but Yeul's words felt like a punch in the face.
So... yeah, I really enjoyed reading your fic :)
DactylionBandit chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
continue please!
Iseki chapter 3 . 10/9/2013
The waking dream scene in the opening of this chapter leaves me breathless. As far as I’m concerned this summation of the early Caius is perfect. I love his determination, his rawness, his naivety while thinking he knows better. Yeul’s line about being “not so different” has so much impact. The sense of touch you get from this chapter is the most poignant for me. The first time she grabs his hand, strong and certain. Her frightened breath on his arm after the assassin is dispatched. The first Yeul is so many facets of all the Yeul’s to come, it makes it really plain to sense how much this would eventually drive Caius into his actions. Another awesome chapter.
Iseki chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
This is a wonderful opening to what I expect will be nine chapters of bittersweet loveliness.

What I like the best about this chapter is how effortlessly you've written into Noel's timeline. Throughout the game we get a pretty good idea of what it might have been like but we never truly get to witness any part of it. It's always been of great interest to me to see how these moments might have played out and I think you'd done a really good job of it. Noel and the chocobos, Yeul with blossoming yet innocent feelings, Caius on the verge of putting his plans in motion. Although I've never considered the Yeul/Caius relationship to have much romantic impact I found all of her feelings very natural. I expect by the end I'll be much more convinced!

Also, summoner constellation. How very Final Fantasy- what a nice touch :)
Aureate Wings chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Hearts may burn for the Guardian and the Seeress as readers enter the emotional pasts of Caius Ballad and Paddra Nsu-Yeul, learning the whole truth of the elusive clues left in the future eras of Paddra in Final Fantasy XIII-2. While the glory of Paddra's once-thriving existence is celebrated with accurate immersion of its culture in ancient times, "This Loneliness" explains the rifts in Paddran future times and the sacrifice of its brave young leader. Yet, if readers were shaken by the dark ending of XIII-2, they should prepare to again conquer the tragedy of such responsibilities, the eternal burden of forbidden love's heartbreak, and Etro's cruel betrayal.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/25/2013
ok
Skye Phoenixblaze chapter 2 . 11/24/2012
Caius and Yeul's relationship always brings me to tears. It's sad ow things went for them in the game, but that made them very appealing and entertaining. Same in this fanfiction. Keep up te good work.
Tear of Light chapter 9 . 9/16/2012
This was an amazing story. You really get to see the people, human beings that Yeul and Caius were. There are so few fics out there that capture these two as well as you have here. Well done!
Fanfic Fan chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
This is so beautiful! Your romance fanfics never fail to bring tears to my eyes! This has really jacked up my respect for Caius, seeing how he isn't really evil, just mislead and heartbroken.
drinktea chapter 9 . 5/17/2012
Gosh, this was sad. But in a good way, of course. The way you've described it, it's easy to see the years passing and Caius only becoming more ingrained into himself. I find it hard to see Caius being romantic, and he's not here, at least not outwardly. The mere act of his remembering the first Yeul and staying so loyal to her memory is romance enough for a guy as... intense as Caius. Haha. Again, the way you've written him feels so natural.

Your closing scene was absolutely great. For the amount of time you've given her, the 316 AF Yeul has a personality all her own. Her interaction with Caius made for the perfect close to this story.

You've made a great contribution to FFXIII-2 fanfiction, and Caius/Yeul fanfiction, for that matter, so congratulations!
Davewik chapter 9 . 5/17/2012
That's the way to end a fic. Simple, yet full of meaning and compassion. I can't believe I actually feel bad for Caius... The last paragraph really summed him up, I truly enjoyed it. Thanks for penning such a quality fic!
Davewik chapter 9 . 5/17/2012
drinktea chapter 8 . 5/17/2012
...! This was such a good chapter! The drama! I knew their story couldn't have been a happy one, and we're pretty much given all the pieces by the game - the ruby of grief, the ugallu - but you've just done a brilliant job of putting it all together seamlessly. I've just got to commend you for that.

I have to get a little mushy with regards to the kiss. You wrote them so well in a situation that is honestly pretty hard to picture (for me, at least). It was undoubtedly sad, but all the more touching because of it. It was a goodbye kiss, a last kiss. And although Caius seemed to know that at least, it was clear that he never expected Yeul to actually leave for good, and by her own doing. The heartbreaking part of it is that he seemed so resigned, sitting there on that hill. I guess that turn of events only solidified his "rebellion" against Etro?

Again, the way you written this so that it fits in with the game so well is just amazing. I'm very happy with this chapter! I look forward to your next (and last, ack)!
drinktea chapter 7 . 5/17/2012
I really enjoyed Caius' brief reflection on Etro! The word choice there - fickle, capricious - seemed perfect. As you know, I do like the lore of this universe, so this blurb was intriguing, especially coming from Caius. It's also nice to see how Yeul has gradually come to affect him so much. His worry and anger really felt natural with all the development you've put in so far.

Now, I'm off to read the next chapter! I'm sure it'll be just as great as this one :D
Davewik chapter 8 . 5/14/2012
Another awesome chapter! The moment in the bedroom was artfully setup, and I could really visualize the scene thanks to your expert setting. The orbs were tragic enough in the game, and you have used them to great effect in your fic. Those guards were useless! It's going to be interesting to see how you wrap the story up next chapter with the other clan's attack imminent... Sequel possibly?

Thanks again.