Reviews for Saving Me
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Poor Vaughn...I always felt bad for him...a tribute with absolutely NO chance of survival. Yet part of me wanted him to live, just a little bit longer...beat the odds...but that was not to be...
And his dying thought being of his district partner...heartbreaking...
HybridsRose chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
This was heartwretching and beautiful! Just like the bloodbath scene through Moss' eyes in Tears Of Blood.
lexelial chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I loved this. A bittersweet tale. Amazing.
AudreyAnn chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Oh, Vaughn. It was interesting to see the bloodbath from his perspective and that he was fairly calm at first. I was impressed with his methodical planning for going through the maze. I thought he was doing pretty well even avoiding the annoyed girl Career (Onyx?). It all fell apart when he saw the knife. It figures Vaughn would puke at the sight of his own blood. After that me of his interview meltdown and the personal terror and uncontrolled reactions. I like and also hate that the strength of the writing pulls me into his fear and weakness. I guess it's more entertaining to read from the POV of winners, but not every tribute has a fighting spirit or skills. That's why I think OC tributes like the three 13 year-olds are important to the story. It's a bonus to be so well-written. I felt the length and word choice and musings and end were just right. I wish Vaughn weren't so pathetic, but... that was part of his character and I admire the author stayed true to it.
Alexa S. Blaze chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
OMG, did you read "The Fault in our Stars"? That book made me want to think long and hard about life and death when I read it. Except, I was in Hawaii and was NOT in the mood to think about such topics, so it was lost on me :P

Beautiful chapter, Megan. As you've heard me say a billion times before, your writing skills are superb. You're funny at the perfect times, and sad and desperate and action-packed at others - like in this thing.

Poor Vaughn; he was such a great character. Really unique - I don't think there was anyone quite else like him. Well, I KNOW there wasn't anyone quite like him.

It's so cute, how much he cares for Lilly. Poor guy never found out what happened to her. And that must've been heartbreaking to see Moss so close… and yet, he didn't do anything. So horrifying. Poor Vaughn, he was a good kid. Keep up the great work though, Megan! I'm looking forward to your Quell character ;)
shuckyoushank chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
An excellent one shot. Very nicely written and asdfghjkl I just LOVE it.
mrslukecastellan chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
so so so so so so so so so so good! R.I.P Vaughn.
zxskunkmuffinxz chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I have taken forever to review, sorry!

I really love Vaughn in this. The last line is really sweet, thinking of Lilly, his last piece of home.

I don't like comparing people to other people if that makes sense, but you are sooo on par with our esteemed leader. I had tears in my eyes after reading this.

Gotta love your writing Meeegan.

- Alex
vgwwvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Whoa, the last line was morbidly epic. I liked seeing it again in Vaughn's POV. He was really realistic. Nice job.
Kazumo chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Awesome one shot. Hope you're in the sequel.

But hey, second times the charm, or was it the third?
xXTeamFinnickXx chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
God, why did I make Moss such a jerk? Eh, you gotta do what you gotta do to survive, right?

Anyway, this was fantastic. We got to see what happened from Moss' POV already, but not Vaughn's. Moss wasn't going through the same emotional trauma as Vaughn, so to see the same thing happen but from eyes of fear was interesting. I really liked this and your writing Megan and hope you're with us in the sequel!

RIP Vaughn Shumway :'(
packman23 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I have to say I love your depiction of Boston, I think you really got the feel of the character perfectly. The oneshot itself is just wonderful. It makes me sort of sorry that Vaughn got killed in the first place. Really I thought he'd get further. It's a shame to see a character like him go.

It has been a pleasure writing with you and I hope to see you in the sequel!

Packman.
isabugg chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
VAAAAAUGHNNNN

WHHHHHHYYYY

YOU WERE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SOUL ;_;

Megan, that was so great. Seriously, I respect you so much. You're such a good writer, and it fills me with rage and jealousy. xD Hahaha.

So good! Great job!
cottoncandychoctop chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Nawww Vaughn! I just wnated to hug him the whole time, well that and slap Moss for not helping him. But anyways Great job Megan this was awesome! It was so good I was practically shaking when Boston was attacking him. RIP vaughn...

xxC
nightfuries chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Awwwww, noooooo! I loved Vaughn, he was so adorable and cute and hugable! Why'd he have to leave so soon?

I think I just bawled my eyes out at this death scene. REally amazing piece of work, so heart-wrenching!