Reviews for Out of the Basement
FalconLux chapter 40 . 10/23
Wow. What a ride. I just binge-read this story over the last few days (fitting in a little real life along the way) and I'm completely blown away. I generally have a difficult time sticking with a story this long as I either get bored because it doesn't hold the tension well enough or frustrated because the author uses heavy, drawn out black moments to keep the plot moving. If I'm being completely honest, I didn't have high expectations when I started this. I just figured it looked good enough to give it a try and I'd just read until I got bored or frustrated and then stop reading.

That, as I said, was a few days ago, and not only did I not get bored or frustrated, but I had a hard time stopping to do things like sleep, eat, bathe, etc... You did a wonderful job of putting enough case-related stuff in there to keep things interesting and even intense at times, but there was enough fluff in between to break it up so it didn't become too heavy. And you didn't have any big black moments for the romance. I really hate those because they're most often instigated by the characters being obtuse and I like smart characters. Disagreements and even arguments I can get behind, but not the huge blow-out fight over something basically a misunderstanding that threatens to ruin both characters' happiness forever, but was really just a misunderstanding and therefore is eventually brushed away with no hard feelings and everyone can live happily ever after, the end.

Sorry. Pet peeve of mine. It's become almost a standard recipe for romantic comedies these days and it makes them horrifically predictable and annoying.

Point being, your story was not predictable or annoying. Thank you so much for sharing. I will definitely be coming back to read this story again and again.
Netchka chapter 1 . 10/20
Great story. Tony is now ready for his own team that's for sure.
djaddict chapter 40 . 9/18
Really enjoyable read! Thanks for sharing.
raspberry dreams chapter 40 . 4/6
Wow what a wonderful story
Paige chapter 1 . 3/17
St. Patrick's Day five years later and this story never gets old. Love it Hidinglight!
brattling chapter 40 . 11/19/2016
I just spent the last few days reading this story. I loved this story. I love how deep you went into the relationships and the detail of the cases they worked on.
Nice to see tony getting his own team and dealing with the feelings of leaving his own.
SCSunshine chapter 18 . 11/13/2016
The dialog in chapter 18 among the team is very well written. I've read this story many times and this always makes me laugh. I love Abby's "You're such a pig" and Ducky all frustrated because Tony gets everyone worked up. Love the banter. Such a fantastic story start to finish.
PhoenixRising360 chapter 40 . 11/3/2016
I just re-read this story and I still love it.
PaulW.VinD.BradP.NickC.ChrisH chapter 40 . 10/30/2016
beautiful story. Bless you, honey, that must have taken an incredible amount of dedication to complete but it was worth every second you spent on it. Wonderful job
PaulW.VinD.BradP.NickC.ChrisH chapter 30 . 10/28/2016
u keep breaking me heart when u mention how they're saying goodbye to that connection . them saying I'm gonna miss you made me cry. and them realizing "we are never going to work together again" destroyed me so bad I had yo stop reading to go sob even now my eyes are stinging and blurry
PaulW.VinD.BradP.NickC.ChrisH chapter 24 . 10/27/2016
when Vance says he's trained you to ruin my day hasn't he I SWEAR I STOPPED BREATHING FOR THE LAUGHTER!
PaulW.VinD.BradP.NickC.ChrisH chapter 22 . 10/27/2016
I'm kinda hoping maybe their subterfuge is them trying to do something good for tiff. I mean Gibbs n Tony are just too dang mushy and emotional, it seems its 90% mush but when you write more towards a plot like the case and interactions with others etc. its hard to stop reading
PaulW.VinD.BradP.NickC.ChrisH chapter 22 . 10/27/2016
the elly and Parke thing is soooo too much. it seems like every single book that gas a gay couple as the main characters, the other characters always end up in gay relationships Or het relationships but still. I mean realistically not everyone in your life falls in love just cause you do. sorry for the rant
PaulW.VinD.BradP.NickC.ChrisH chapter 15 . 10/26/2016
I loveeeeee Tony's mini-schtick about the stalker support group lol when he said leave your stalker at home if at all possible I DIED! that was perf!
Atie chapter 40 . 4/11/2016
Hello,
Read this all in one setting and i loved every word. Thank you so much for sharing.

take care,