Reviews for I Am Not There
c1h0e0n5 chapter 1 . 5/12
I actually cried. this is the first time I cried from reading a story, so bravo. this was absolutely beautiful.
knightoblivion chapter 1 . 2/15
This makes me tear up every time I read it. It's beautiful. It fits how Shirou probably will die in just about every world, alone, for a small group of people and only remembered by a choice few.
JadeKaiser chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
This was excellent; so many feels! I think this is exactly how Shirou would want to go, too: dying for others without being truly praised for it, but still remembered and venerated just enough to reach that ever elusive Throne. A fulfillment of his dreams if there ever could be one, both sad and sweet for those who knew him well. This story makes me wonder what sorts of events started many legends of various gods and demigods in real life.

One thing, is that the legends being a bit wrong, or VERY wrong, about the facts is actually a recurring theme for the servants summoned in various Grail Wars. I think we can assume it is generally the case for heroic spirits in general, although Shirou in this story probably would be on the extreme end of the scale for that.

Thing is, with the way that Heroic Spirits and Noble Phantasms work he would end up with the abilities that are attributed to him from the "fake" parts of his legend (in this case nearly all of it) added to and merged with the abilities that he actually had in life, as a heroic spirit. Now I want to read about this version of him getting summoned in a Holy Grail War, perhaps in an alternate reality.

As a "god of storms that became mortal" he would gain a fairly high rank in divinity, but probably not A-rank. Perhaps B. Also, depending on how his legend evolved over time he would probably gain the qualifications for the Caster class. Maybe even Rider as well if he was eventually said to have "rode in on the wings of one of his storms." Almost definitely Caster though, and storm-based abilities of various kinds in addition to those he had in life.
Rotciv557 chapter 1 . 7/15/2015
Fuck...this made me tear up. :')
A masterpiece.
Rex chapter 1 . 1/14/2015
Awesome story - its heartwarming just seeing how one mans life touched so many others, and its wonderfully done..
tryal-leaf chapter 1 . 1/14/2015
You will be remembered, Shirou.

Damn good tribute. You really made my day :)

Keep on keeping on,
tryal-leaf
Penguinlord352 chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
This is a really fitting story about what came after his death and the effects he had on the lives of other people. I'm really happy I got to read this.
MHplayer749 chapter 1 . 10/16/2014
Y U writ dis ;-;

I was perfectly happy before I read this. Now I'm in a slump that'll last a while. Oh well, at least I got a poem out of it. And it's always a pleasure reading fics that don't butcher characters.
Nitramy chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
I have a feeling he'll make it to the Throne of Heroes...
tsy chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
nice piece. flowed well
Guest chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
dear god. this is sorrowful but beautiful. great story that you made.
Cori Shadowfang chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
This is amazing! I love how they kind of wrote a legend for Shirou. Very, very moving and well-written.
Nervos Belli chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
Well done. Sad, happy, well written, and captures the spirit of a hero.
ezok chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
beautifull
Aethyria chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
...Dammit my tears won't stop flowing...
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »