Reviews for Destroying the Goddess
OmegaDL50 chapter 9 . 5/5/2014
I want to bring attention to a minor error I spotted for chapter 9.

The name of Bahamut's breath attack is called "Mega Flare" you misspelled it as "Megaflair", If you ever decide to revise the chapter, I hope this information is useful

I'm enjoying reading the story so far, I'm looking forward to finishing it. I hope your other stories are just as good. Excellent work.
NeuroticBanana chapter 25 . 4/21/2014
Beautiful story, and now I can finally go to sleep! But let me say, THANK YOU so much for putting Caius and Lightening together. Ever since I saw them together in the game, and even though they were enemies, I totally thought they had an electric chemistry that could've and SHOULD'VE been utilized. I wish they'd made Lightening Returns like the story you've written here. If you write any future pairings with these two I'll be sure to tune in because I quite enjoy your writing and I really do enjoy the pairing! :D
NeuroticBanana chapter 21 . 4/21/2014
I do oh so love your story! I really should be sleeping but I so want to see the reunion between Caius and Lightening that I gotta keep going. Beautiful work with Serah and Light by the way.
NeuroticBanana chapter 19 . 4/21/2014
So sad...:(
NeuroticBanana chapter 15 . 4/21/2014
I couldn't wait to get off work all night to continue reading. Sweetest chapter ever! You do a fantastic job with these characters! I can't wait to keep reading and see these two continue to develop. :)
Nalahime chapter 25 . 4/12/2014
Great and awesome story! I loved it and I was crying and laughing at so many points in the story. :D I love Caius and Lightning and I like it that she could become just a woman in the end of all of it. Thanks for writing this! Favo!
reikat chapter 25 . 3/13/2014
I found this story when I was bored enough to look for the LightxCaius pairing. I read it all in one shot. I loved it. This is going in my favorites list for the next time I wish to read.

I know a lot about the various Big Bads in the Final Fantasy series and I took the time to actually see how things turned out for Caius in Lightning Returns. I came to the conclusion that he is the one I pity most out of all the various Final Fantasy characters I've come to love since whenever it was I first watched Advent Children. If anyone ever deserved salvation, it was Caius Ballad. I was saddened when he wasn't saved. But in a way, I think he was. He was able to finally be free of his curse. Caius is on par with Gabranth and Kain as the characters I love most for the reasons behind their actions. He is what five of my characters would become if I ever made them lose sight of their ultimate goal after their log service to the world I've written.

Anyway, sorry this is so long. I've never had a good outlet to really express how I've grown to feel sorry for Caius. Having Liam O'Brien voice him probably helped. I love that man's voice.
AraelDranoth chapter 16 . 10/2/2013
HAHAHAHAHAHA! 'Arrow to the knee!' Classic! Get that one from Skyrim did you?
AraelDranoth chapter 3 . 10/2/2013
there were a few cases of spelling mistakes or incorrect words used but otherwise it was good.
AraelDranoth chapter 2 . 10/2/2013
AWESOME STORY IDEA! I absolutely hated the way part two ended and I think this is the perfect way to get back at the main plot.
CascadeofRaindrops chapter 25 . 6/28/2013
It took me awhile, but this story was simply...amazing. I loved how you put this story together. Minor mistakes her and there, ya know? But this gave me a good feeling, I love it!
Wait, would Fang and Snow like each other in the end? I mean,ya know, cause thdy got them moments in here, ya know...
Pink Crystalline Roses chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
You got the story right! This is the best Caius x Light story I've ever readed! *Heart* my friend Sarah thought the pairing was absurd but she should really read this! She'll be taken aback.*Grin*
son-of-heaven176 chapter 25 . 4/27/2013
This was a very good story, even though it was pretty short. You managed to pace it very well.

I was concerned for a bit that you were rushing into a Snow/Fang paring; after the time you took to develop Light/Caius. it would have been a shame to see a rushed Snow/Fang. Good thing that it did not end up that way.

PS: You might want to consider taking a look at Shire Folk's "The Annals of Darkness" if you want some examples of good battle-scene writing.
son-of-heaven176 chapter 3 . 4/23/2013
So far, so good. Just three Two things that I want to comment on:

First, you were not very clear on what Hope meant to say. Were you trying to say that Hope was acclimated with 500AF weaponry or 400 AF weaponry?

Second, in Sazh's line, it's supposed to be "left behind," not "left being."
son-of-heaven176 chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Pretty good setup. Well-written so far, and a good explanation of the variation from canon. Expect me to be going on in this story; you got me interested.