Reviews for The Convention
maryjane5000 chapter 2 . 6/1/2015
Please...PLEASE you got to update this fic it NEEDS to continue
Pendagar chapter 2 . 3/15/2015
Oh... My... God. My head just exploded.
I am so glad that I managed to read all of the other fanfictions mentioned in this story, sweet baby Jesus!

This is a really fun story to read, and you did a surprisingly good job at letting us know who was talking. I have always pondered and played out scenarios in my head about how other Ranmas and Akanes would react if they met other Ranmas and Akanes, especially the Saotome Sisters and Side by Side, and in my opinion, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

If you ever write another chapter for this story (after you finish The Saotome Sisters of course), one recommendation that I have is to have only a couple more different Ranmas and Akanes; it would just get way too confusing, even if I have read all of the other stories.

I can't believe I haven't read your other stories yet, and I eagerly await for you to write more!

Keep writing:

Archangel on the hill chapter 2 . 10/16/2013
I am liking this story.

It reminds me of a more in depth and introspective version of "Destiny of Shadows" by Jim Lazar. Which, by the way you might consider having be the "source" for them all getting together. If you can't find it PM me.

For a sobering look at the dark side of the neko-ken while still speaking to the love between Ranma and Akane you might consider the Akane from Susan Doenime's "Ill Met by Starlight".

If you are looking for weird curses, bring in the Ranma and Akane from Michael Fetter's "Begal Tale". Which would also do a good job of giving the group for "Genma's Daughter" the willies because of what that Ryoga does, and would do a good job of putting the whole P-Chan thing into a new light for the rest.

If you want to look at a Ranma and Akane that moved from friendship as both girls into a romance you might consider bringing in the Ranma and Akane from Michael Barnard's "An Orchid Beside the Red Heaven Way" which would also be funny for any fights as both are nearly unbeatable by the end.

If you want to bring in an Akane that would be militantly opposed to a female Ranma bring in the Ranma and Akane from Jack Staik's "Something's Fishy Here".

For a great "freak out the Akane's" bring in the Ranma and Akane from Lord Archive's "The Insanity Continues". Nothing should freak them out like a pregnant teenage Akane.

If you want to set the stage for a baseline, stable Ranma and Akane bring in the Ranma and Akane from Vince Seifert's "The Taming of the Horse" and "Centaur". It would also be good compare/contrast for a Ranma who is comfortable as both a girl and a boy, but is still male in mentality.

Want some real dark/comedy that should throw everyone for a zany loop consider bringing in Ranma and Akane from WFrose's "Akane the Suicidal".

These are just some ideas that you might consider. Keep up the good work.
Shyguy1 chapter 2 . 12/21/2012
It's too confusing. Not the concept, but the dialogue. I like the concept and i think that if it were a bit more developed, then the story could really become something. Not to say I'm not interested though, because I am. Just asking for a little more thought put into the actual wording. And maybe a little less focus on dialogue. I know for the moment that it's "Story Time" but I think that an emphasis on emotion and on the actual location would be good. I think, honestly, that the personality types of everyone involved would be more focused on the how, and the where, rather than the who. Anyway, good story. Keep Writing Space Cowboy
Compucles chapter 2 . 10/19/2012
This is a pretty weird idea, yet somehow it works. I do agree that it's getting too hard to keep the characters straight, though.

If I get to the point in my story "Love Looketh Not on Appearance But on the Heart" where "Ranko" and Akane are dating (the end of Chapter 7, not counting the prologue, according to my plans) before you get too far in this story, I'd be honored if you included my Ranma and Akane in this convention. It'd even be pretty ironic how Ranko from Genma's Daughter could reinforce the idea of a female Ranma in Akane's mind, while Ranma could secretly explain to the others about what's really going on in his world.

By the way, you should include at least one Rakanma pair who are already married. I recommend the ones from the Sailor Ranko series, as it's one of my favorites, plus it would be fun for Sailors Sun and Io to show up somehow.
Takawai chapter 2 . 7/28/2012
I don't care how long it takes for any of your chapters for this story to update, I'm loving it ]
DanYHKim chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
Fun story. Reminds me of one of the later scenes in BTB's "Locked Outta Love - Guest Ki" story, where Ranma is trying to get his spirit back to his own body. While he is traveling through a spiritual plane, he encounters multitudes of other alternate Ranmas, all on the same journey to return to their Akane. It was for me a very moving scene, showing a certain universality to Ranma's attachment to Akane across many alternate universes.
TL chapter 2 . 5/8/2012
I've reviewed this before and offered a few storys to add to the chaos you've started here and I would like to offer one more as I love the premise.

Years ago a story called "what's in a name" came out with a "Ramna" who isn't Ranma at all. Its a really good story but like most of the good ones it is unfinished. If you haven't read it please take a look.

Also if you really want to use something off the wall there is a Gargoyles cross over called "critical sky" that gets Ranma and Akane cursed into Gargoyles with no hope of turned back.

Sure they might be a little in the heavy side and your going for a more light harted feel but they are good storys with vastly different Ranma and Akane's in them
negruv1 chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Really liked it! This one can be turn into a very nice story.

There were one story with Ranma accepting both of his sides, falling in love and marrying both Shampoo and Mousse. Want to see the faces of the others:)
tuatara chapter 2 . 4/7/2012
This is just lovely, isn't it? And not only did you include a cursed Akane, you went with probably the best version ever! (Not surprisingly, considering your fondness for MZephyr's work.)

There was *some* confusion here and there over who was who, but I think I followed it pretty well. As for splitting up the group, I guess that makes sense, but I suppose it depends on how many more groups you'd want to focus on in any real depth. Have you thought of other specific versions you'd like to include?

(And now you've made me think about how my ANFaNL Ranma and Akane would deal with being there. Akane has never seen boy-type Ranma, and none of the groups you've introduced have ever met a proper boy-type Akane! And permanent curses? Everyone assembled would be horrified at that…especially Ranko, probably. But I digress.)

Great work on this so far, sir. I realize it's not a priority, but I truly hope you return to it. This was really sweet and a lot of fun.

(One minor thing: Ranko still sobbing over her experiences after so long? She's had more growth than any of them and it's still so traumatic for her? That was the only bit where I thought, "Huh." But I suppose it could just be the whole situation making it feel that much more intense.)
tuatara chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
"I can see how this is gonna go." Heheheh. Yup. _

Everyone's reactions were a lot of fun. Though I'm hoping that as more alternates meet, some more ridiculous Takahashiesque misunderstandings occur!

Alternate universes: If there is even *one* other universe that contains an alternate Earth, then there are most likely infinite versions of Earth. That, in turn, would mean that every physically possible scenario that can happen at every moment *will* happen, and it will happen an infinite number of times. It would mean there are an infinite number of worlds where there are actual Ranmas and Akanes exactly like every variation of the characters ever written. (Not counting the physically impossible elements like magic…and even with that, there could be *some* elements that would look supernatural to us.) And of course it would mean that every possible Ranma story has been written by someone an infinite number of times. _
Inuyasha-loves-Hanyou-Kagome chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
Interesting story. Which leads me to ask are my Ranma characters in Secrets Revealed outlandish enough to be invited to your convention? I personally would love to see how that goes over.
luger 7 chapter 2 . 3/24/2012
A most excellent chapter. Party on, dude.
znta chapter 2 . 3/24/2012
it's realy great story a runion with different Ranma and Akane from other univers that will be good if there was A married Ranma and Akane like the Ranma and Akane from kayemsi 's fanfic Ranma the second time around and you
epain chapter 2 . 3/24/2012
Nice crossover. It would be interesting to add Ranko from Ranko 1/2 ( ).

You may use any Ranma from my "Treasure Chest" if it would benefit your story. Thank you for writing fan fiction.