Reviews for Great Divide
Chicary chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
This is a very impressive piece and I am absolutely awed by the attention to detail. The story is beautiful but so sad and I certainly didn't expect the (vampire?) twist at the end. I loved that you added your own touch to the characters' names, which made for a more authentic feel. Overall, wonderful job!
1-800-SHDWRLM chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Wow, that was a really good story! Good luck :D
Dusty Llama chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Fantastic attention to detail. I caught on to the name alterations quickly (even some of their references) and this was just ... so great to read. Considering we have very little insight into the state of the Ba in canon, I'd say your explanation was wonderful!

Great fic, and good luck!
OxEyed chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
This was mesmerizing! The names changes took a minute to get used to, but once I caught onto what you were doing, it really helped enhance the sense of setting.

I liked the sense of mystery throughout the narrative-Mahaado and Set are supposed to die, but don't, and I was constantly trying to guess at how things would resolve themselves. (I thought maybe they'd come across Pegasus at some point). Since I continued to have hope for the characters, the twist the story took was dark indeed. Overall, I enjoyed the ride. Good job!
Graces of the Child chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I really enjoyed reading this story. I liked at the beginning how Mahad and Seto (please excuse me for using their 'regular' names) were sort of numb in the beginning, but Mahad's line about marrying and having children with Isis really got to me. A moment of heartbreaking for the two of them.

The fact that you made their fate and their destiny similar but even worse than Atem's and Bakura's is so interesting - what could they have learned over three millennia, what could they have seen, etc. I also definitely liked that Bakura made an appearance with someone having the Ring. ;)

Overall, great story, and the end was indeed a bit of a downer but in a hopeful way because we at least see Mahad in the Ceremonial Battle as relatively sane, and I suppose they were already there in the Afterlife waiting for Atem so they may have gotten a happy ending after all.

Good luck in this round, and thanks for the good read!
Nissy's angel chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
never really got into this pairing. Maybe your fic might change my opinion on this pairing.
Sierra's Darkness chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I *love* this. Because I couldn't pick just one thing, I WILL LIST THEM FOR YOU.

1. The different periods of time and the culture accuracy. Your writing really took me there, and the little details are fantastic. You really brought each to life in its own way.

2. Bakura possessing a Roman emperor. Just. YES. (I would have picked Tiberius or Caligula personally. xD) Of course his path would cross with Set and Mahaad's;, the poor bastards can't get a break from the guy.

3. Set and Mahaad changing their tactics and becoming almost overzealous in their quest for answers. The part about them being vengeful ghosts was a great touch, and a bit creepy.

4. The humor you managed to work in there the gypsy woman xD), even though this fic is fairly dark. I felt amused by their journey, saddened by it, and hopeful by the end that they might at last get their peace.

5. "You," he turns to Mehhur first, "were meant to live. You," he addresses Sety next by merely shifting his gaze to the right, "were meant for betrayal. Your future changed your past and you will live until it rights itself again."

SO MUCH YES. It makes you wonder about how accurate the Memory World was, since it was Bakura's memories, and in the flashbacks earlier in the series, we see it's Atem vs Set as opposed to Bakura vs Atem. Very interesting take on that.

As for critique: I would have liked to have seen maybe more interaction between them, since I don't really get a 'shippy' feel from this, but that's totally up to you as the author and I liked that it wasn't in your face. The idea that the two of them, who never really got on before, would have to learn to tolerate the other's company or be completely alone, is kinda hilarious. :'D The only other thing was you switched tenses a few times, but that's nothing editing can't fix, so.

I AM A HAPPY HEADDRESSIPPER RIGHT NOW. Thanks for this wonderful, wonderful (sooob Mahaad) fic.
NightmareTroubador chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Well done, I'm very impressed. You've obviously done a ton of research for this project, and the uniqueness of it is very intriguing. Although I don't like this shipping, this story is well worth the over-look. I'm definitely faving this.

Also as a history buff myself, I must ask where you got this info from. Just google or some more accurate sources?

Anyway, good job again, this was a nice read. :)