Reviews for Guardian
diana teo chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
I'm lost for words...oooh,found some...You've outdone yourself with this brilliant,sparkling gem! I LOVE YOU for writing this beautiful piece! The balance of angst,introspection,banter,understanding and tenderness had me cheering them on... :)
tonyfan31970 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
LOVE THIS. I think you get Tony so perfectly!
mprmusings chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
...don't know if it's me (which it probably is) but i suspect it's more your ability to consistently deliver introspective musings (especially from tony's perspective) with humor (obvious and unintentional), angst (oh you write heartbreak and indecision so damn well) and love, straight up, unapologetic love. favorite line:

"sometimes, that's just what fathers do."
megamom2 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Humor, angst, and wonderful dialog, all providing wonderful insight into these characters!

As I watch this season, I've been having the same feelings about Tony: That a 42 yr. old man with his experience would be feelling restless and hemmed in on the team.

Really a pleasure to read this!
KYTIVAFAN chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
I love how you address (realistically) the conflicted feelings Tony has about his relationship with Gibbs. I think we are beginning to see a little of this on the show as well - Tony is moving out of Gibbs shadow & is casting his own light.

Really enjoyed the established T/Z - I know you hear this all the time, but it would be great if you were writing their story for the show- it would be done right - not overdone & not under developed.

just glad we have your FanFic to fill the void left by the paid writers.
Schmaltzy chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
O-ho-ho! You really are flirting on the edge of family fic here, aincha? That's not to say this didn't reduce me to a big, sloppy mess.

It's funny - you strike me as a rather sardonic woman generally, and yet, no one writes these darling, tender-hearted scenes better than you! I think it's both your ability to highlight each character's foibles and insecurities, and to prevent it from slipping into maudlin territory by injecting timely doses of humour. "Chance" is a noted favourite here.

Keep it up, as I've been without proper A/H computer access and I'm four episodes behind (gotta have something to quench me during the drought).
Misguided Choices chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Stop playing. This is beautiful. I love it so much. I was checking my email on my phone this morning and this beautiful gem of an update/addition popped up. So I was like "Why not read?" Sooo i started to. I had the biggest smile on my face, I laughed, I squeed. It was just great. I really love the aspects you used for Tony. In the beginning how he was upset/annoyed that it seemed to always be a competition between him and Gibbs. I really love how you approached it and how finally Tony came to the conclusion that he was just being a father to four overgrown children. I also love love LOVE the Tony father paternal instinct. Like-his kids aren't even around yet but he's so protective and loving of them.

This story made me happy on a not so happy day. So I really appreciate your writing and skills and such. Continue to write awesome things. I will most likely re-read a ton of your stories tonight. So thank you for this beautiful piece of work!
AngieFaye76 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Still smiling! This was great! Thanks for sharing the moment!

Lanaa Taurof chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Logically, I think most fans realize that in the real world every single member of Gibbs' team would have rotated out at the very least five years ago. Especially DiNozzo. Ziva has enough experience in international relations that she would most likely have been transferred to an overseas post to assist there.

What I liked about this story is the fact that it realistically addressed the Tony issue. He wants to be the boss but he doesn't want to leave. He's tired of Gibbs always being the hero and wants to be the hero himself, but the idea of leaving Ziva and McGee to do so gives him the willies. It's quite the conundrum and you've written it in such a way that it covers the family issue for Ziva marvelously.

Many thanks for sharing.
Bekaboo13 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I love this so much! Thanks for sharing it!
HazelHPwiz chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I loved this story, great job! :)
Paperclip-Assassin chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
This was really good. Their conversation was absolutely realistic and I loved the sort of dark mood Tony was in, I can totally see that happening.

And I loved Gibbs 'being a dad' and saving them...again. :))
DanceIsEverything13 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
He wonders what it must be like for Gibbs, to have appointed himself the guardian of four grown kids who all have a natural predilection for getting into trouble. Like getting locked into concrete rooms. Or getting arrested for murder…repeatedly. Or attracting creepy stalkers. Or…actually, McGee has to be a pretty low stress kid

Lol Gibbs has his work cut out for him, that's for sure! Wonderful story, loved it!
mia58 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
After all these years, I don't have to tell you how much I enjoy and respect your work. So instead, let me comment on the text of this wonderful story.

I like that for the first time (I think) you have them wanting marriage and children. Not only because I'm a hopeless romantic, but also because it's in line with the way canon has portrayed them this season - both have mentioned wanting this. I think both have slowly changed to the point of wanting more that just work in their lives.

Also, this interpretation of Papa Gibbs is a softer version of him than you've given us before. You're not getting sentimental, are you? Lol.
blarney chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I loved this story! I could really see this becoming a longer story of Tony and Ziva's life together with Tony getting his own team nearby and the evolution of Tony and Ziva as a couple with a beautiful future. Tony's epiphany involving Gibbs as a Dad and Tony's own future as a father was beautifully written. Congratulations on another great story.
41 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »