Reviews for Razor's Edge: Requiem
general MB chapter 41 . 8/26/2016
I've been a longtime reader of the Razor's Edge series; hard to believe its coming to an end. I hope you do the finale justice.
Its dox chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
Wow. The last chapters. Ups or downs, I'd read it all all over again.

It's been a good ride.
Rorschach's Plot chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
Damn. Bringing back a lot of feels I had before Marauder Shields tried to save me from the horrors to come.
Aust Sakura Kyzor chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
Gaaaaaah! I hope the wait for the final chapter is shorter because the suspense is too much!
I have no idea what will happen and shksifoajdmslsbdmskxjdksid
C0rrupted1 chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
Manly tears are threatening to burst out man. Just two more and it's over. Last thing of the old Mass Effect that I've kept up with until Andromeda comes out. That will be a sad day.

Actually glad you had Saren appear one last time. Better than the child ghost. One thing that I hope you change is on the charge to the Citadel is running into some of the others like Grunt or something.
The inFamous Muse chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
I have to admit I was expecting this, especially as I was reading this and I was at the halfway point of this chapter and they still hadn't landed back on Earth. Not a criticism, but I would have been very surprised if it was all wrapped up in this chapter as there is just SO much to cover.

Shepards' speech on the Normandy had a touch of 'Independence Day' to it, which I thought worked really well.

Seems like the majority of the farewell speeches are finished, which means it's time to go and get the job done. I'll start preparing my soul for what is to come.

A six year journey is nearly at its' end. Thank you for all of your hard work.

The inFamous Muse
Revliledpembroke chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
I always hear people describe Ashe as xenophobic, but I've never agreed with it. She says the alien races do not care for, trust, or like humanity, and would sacrifice them without hesitation. Considering they already did that to the Quarians, well... she ain't wrong. The Quarians (the dog) accidentally agitated a bear (the Geth) went to their master for help (the Council) and their master left them to die.

Of the three people she mistrusts in the first game (at least, she only mentions three) the first is a bounty hunter/mercenary who comes from a race of brutes and thugs. Heck, just his job alone might be worth the mistrust (Mercenaries being notoriously untrustworthy and loyal only to money). Add in his race and I'd imagine it would be something like an American soldier asking his superior if they could trust the giant Russian/Afrikaner/Nazi (or East) German merc who signed on because he likes fighting.

The second is the Asari, who is the daughter of their enemy. As someone who is close to her family, Ashe can't imagine Liara would cut ties or have limited contact with her mother. That ain't racism.

The third is the Turian, a member of a race who not too long ago, attacked humanity unprovoked because he had broken a law of a government we weren't apart of and had no knowledge of the law or the government enforcing it. This does not a good first impression make. Adding to that, they destroyed the patrol vessels, attacked the colony, and then started dropping asteroids (I think that's what Ashe said, but I don't know how accurate you could drop an asteroid, so maybe it was "just" orbital strikes instead) to take out individual fire teams of 5 or 6 Marines. I imagine the Japanese would still be mad at the US had the Americans dropped nukes to eliminate every group consisting of 5 or 6 soldiers, if their were any Japanese left. Add to that humanity's own stupidity in thinking surrendering to an enemy dropping asteroids (or orbital strikes) while his own troops were starving is a "disgrace," and it leads to a very natural resentment. That doesn't mean she hates all Turians (though I certainly wouldn't blame her, only Nihlus, Garrus, and Victus are any good) and she doesn't like Cerberus or the Terra Firma party.
Chessicfayth chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
I have an increasing feeling of dread that you will end this with too many characters I love dead. A sad day, but thats how it goes, perhaps.
anon chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
argh so close! i cant wait for the end!
Janizary chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
I thought I'd feel more relaxed after reading this. The farewells usually have me blue...but this left me more anxious for some reason.

Well, I look forward to seeing how you close it out. Hardest chapter to pull off IMNSHO ;)
Flameraven chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
God I hope that more then Shep makes it on to the station. But we are coming up to the end game, and I can't wait to see just what you do once they make it up.

Lets see just what you do with the end, just about anything is going to be better then what we got.

As for thoughts on this chapter? Manly tears man, manly tears.
Admiral Anderson chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
Part of me is sad that the story is almost over while another part can't wait to see the Reapers finally getting what they deserve. I'm not worried if Shepard is going too lose though; he's brought the Krogan with him afterall;)
A Darker Path chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
Damn that was appetizing. quite glad you kept most of the dialogue similar to the game, I always liked those last talks. That said, the additions were also very good, and I particularly liked Shepard's speech, always did feel kinda let down that Hackett gave it in the game. Can't wait for the finale.

Seth
Guest chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
There is no shepard without vakarian. I'm so pumped for the next chapter!
Gennai's Acolyte chapter 41 . 8/25/2016
As always, another fantastic chapter with exemplar writing. You always manage to impress with your ability to adapt events and conversations from the game for your story, but also create amazing new dialogue from whole cloth. My only complaint is that I REALLY want to see how this is going to end, especially since it was originally slated to end last year, and then this was supposed to be the final chapter. But, as long as the writing stays this high quality, I'm willing to wait as long as need be to see the Story of Shepard and Co. given the conclusion that it deserves.
1,353 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »