Reviews for Razor's Edge: Requiem
Dreymord chapter 43 . 4/17/2018
I truly with you were given the opportunity to write the Mass Effet 3 story, instead of what we got. Your creation hit all the right notes - sacrifices given meaning, ending bittersweet instead of just bitter. Multiple crescendos across a vast story, each enough to make the reader truly feel. Thank you for this experiance, one that I savored and will long remember.
MagneticDucky chapter 43 . 4/13/2018
I have read thousands of stories on this site and i can say for certain that this is either number one or two on my list of favourites. This story gave me chills at times and it made me tear up and that is a sign that this is truly a masterpiece in written art, well done and please write more.
Guest chapter 43 . 4/9/2018
What a great story, I really enjoyed reading it.
I much more enjoyed the ending. Thanks for writing it.
Guest chapter 26 . 4/4/2018
I love how you brought back character's from mass effect 2, back to the Normandy instead off the partial role they got in the mass effect 3 game.
Guest chapter 17 . 4/1/2018
I had my heart in my mouth most of that chapter, but I hope you haven't kill Shepard of, that would be even worse that what bioware did.
FORD B chapter 43 . 3/5/2018
Award winning awesome read!
FORD B chapter 41 . 3/5/2018
Still reading, obviously, but had to remark on the speeches, long and short. Extremely awesome and tear jerking words. "Most excellent" work.
Duke of salted fish chapter 1 . 2/27/2018
I LOVE THIS STORY! My English is not very good and so I've met many new words I cannot understand, but I'll not give up reading since I'm deeply attracted! -From a crazy fan of Mass Effect Series in China.
Matteoarts chapter 43 . 2/12/2018
Just finished. I figure, 'what's one more review among thousands?', but you've certainly earned it. Thanks for crafting such a great story for so many people to enjoy. I wish you luck in the rest of your endeavors, writing and beyond.
Revliledpembroke chapter 1 . 7/28/2017
First, this is something I always wanted to know, how does one charge a Spectre with anything? They have carte blanche to do whatever they think is necessary for galactic stability. He should have had his Spectre status removed. If it wasn't removed, he can't be charged.

Second, the treaty doesn't prevent the Turians from building more dreadnaughts. Turians can build _, Asari and Salarians can build build 3 for every 5 the Turians build, and everyone else can build 1. That feels like the Turians can build whatever they want.
Lanydx chapter 43 . 7/10/2017
Read all three stories, bravo, well done, it's great.
Yexius chapter 43 . 5/10/2017
Love it.
Haven't played Mass Effect in years (except Andromeda) but this story made me even more infatuated ME. I just have to say thank you for writing this great story. Tali x Shepherd forever "keelah se'lai"
LumberjackJack chapter 43 . 4/23/2017
After reading through this series twice, all I have to say is this: thank you.

Mass Effect, as a whole, was a part of my later childhood and early adulthood, so to say the games were a rollercoaster of emotions and experiences for me, both with the highs of the Tuchanka Arc to the lows of ME3's central plot surrounding the crucible and its conclusion. That conclusion left me feeling empty, yearning for more that I knew would not come unless decades pass and we somehow have a passion project of a remastered edition. The recent release of the mediocre and disappointing ME: Andromeda only multiplied my sadness for the universe rich with possibilities.

So I started surfing through online, trying to find something to mend these uncertainties of mine, reading through several stories online. A few noticeable ones are unique enough and well-written for me to give the benefit of the doubt on other glaring issues they may have, but none exactly helped me in the long run.

Until I found Razor's Edge.

While this doesn't fix the reality that Mass Effect will always be an incomplete experience for me, this gave me the second-best solution until we hopefully get our remastered, remade masterpiece down the line. The character progression with Shepard, Tali, Garrus, and Kasumi gives the story life and focus that the original games did not achieve as well while maintaining the essential core theme for the player (in this case, reader) that Mass Effect is about listening. It's about taking in the complex universe around you and hearing out those alongside for the ride to become a better person yourself, and I am glad to say I believe Razor's Edge captures this motif of the game better than anything else I have come across.

To anyone reading this review, read this story to its entirety a few times. I, myself, was never a reader who reads anything more than once, but this is that exception for me. Go through the motions more than once. If you are a hardcore Mass Effect fan who felt defeated or disappointed with how it concluded but loved it enough to find something? Anything? This is it.

I'll still look for other material to read, despite my earlier statements, but I will now do so in a much better state than before. Now I will read for more content and enjoyment rather than out of obsession for an outlet.

Thank you.
Khan666 chapter 43 . 4/15/2017
What a way to end it all. I don't think I'm ever going to read a fic that tops this. This is THE ultimate ME fic. I don't think I could find a single thing wrong with this, the character deaths, as sad as they may be were dramatic, made sense, and added to the "realism" of this story. The expanded roles of The Rachni I particularly enjoyed, and Shepard's personal battle with his inner demons and suicidal last stand on Uttuku are stand out as some of, if not the, best moments i've read in fanfiction. Sir, wherever you may be now, I hope you're doing well and whatever path you have followed has led you to good fortune. Keelah Se'lai my man.
mysticexarch chapter 43 . 3/31/2017
As expected, this one absolutely blew me away as well. I'll even go so far as to say that reading this was more enjoyable than actually playing Mass Effect 3. Indeed, every single one of your divergent AU choices were light years more intelligent and epic than what Bioware did. Impossible to call out every single thing I liked, but the highlights were the Rachni's greatly expanded involvement, Shepard's dramatic battle against (and recovery from) Indoctrination, and the altered nature of the Crucible/final gambit/final confrontation with Harbinger. Actually, it's that last one that really takes the cake. I don't think I've seen a single better fix to the ME 3 ending than the one you've devised. It's nearly perfect. To be frank, this story is my headcannon.

Which brings me to an interesting point. I'm an aspiring writer myself. I originally wanted to write fanfiction about mass effect, but I got sidetracked by the IT theory (ughhh) and holding on to a desperate delusion that it might be true. When I finally relinquished it, I was bitter and didn't think about Mass Effect *even once* for nearly 5 years, despite the fact that I had been a massive fanboy.

You used those years I was being moody to write a novelization of herculean proportions. I wish I'd had your gumption, but somehow, I think that even if I did, it wouldn't have turned out as well. I also can't help but feel a little left out. It would have been really, really cool to review these chapters as they came out, sharing this journey with you and the other fans instead of tagging along way too late. I am extremely grateful for your work, for being able to enjoy it at all, especially considering it's free. (Seriously, I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it were on a bookstore shelf).

This is one of the reasons I found your final author's comments so inspiring. Despite the whole "seize the day" thing being a massive cliche, it remains true and worthy of appreciation nonetheless. (And to be clear, I loved the fact that it's such a strong theme in the series). You've inspired me to write next time I have a strong idea instead of moping. I figured you might like to know that.
1,353 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »