Reviews for Razor's Edge: Requiem
RoyHankins chapter 43 . 11/16/2016
This is one of my favorite fanfics of all time. You are a wonderful author, and I will be happy to read the original fiction you will write in the future. Thank you for these amazing stories.
Bearmauls chapter 43 . 11/16/2016
This is one of the single best pieces of literature I've encountered. When I replay the Mass Effect games, I find myself thinking of this story more than the story in the actual games. The emotion and intensity you imbued into all the characters cannot be overstated. Thank you so much for giving so much of your own time to write such a wonderful work for all of us to enjoy :)
Gennai's Acolyte chapter 43 . 11/16/2016
There's not really much that I can say that I haven't said before, or at least can put into words right now, so I'll keep this short. This was a great end to the best series of stories that I've read here. As much as I'll miss it, I do hope that you have success with your other works. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful gift to the Mass Effect community.
C0rrupted1 chapter 43 . 11/16/2016
Fuck... six years. Don't think I've stuck around for those six years, believe I found it when you first started Requiem, but damn. You know, I was kind of hoping the epilogue would have been in three parts or something. An excuse to keep the dream alive because now I have nothing attached to the original trilogy (mostly cause I ain't replaying the whole trilogy again)!

I knew you were going along that route with Shepard and I almost believed it. Though it didn't play out like that, I was actually surprised about the state he was in and the implications it brought up (I think). Alive but at a cost. Bittersweet but it feels right considering.

I was hoping you'd do another story or something but after how long you wrote Razor's edge, was guessing this was the last one. A bit sad really. Was actually expecting to tear up after this. Probably hasn't hit me yet.

Regardless, thank you for the great story and your interpretation you brought to the table. Hope I see more from you in some fashion in the future.
jgkitarel chapter 43 . 11/16/2016
And this brings an end to an epic story. One of loss, of hardship, but also of perseverance and triumph.
rangersleadtheway chapter 43 . 11/16/2016
What a journey it has been hats off to you Tairis Deamhan, great way to end a great story. Hope to see you write another fanfic.
darkerdeepdown chapter 43 . 11/16/2016
And this is a satisfying end. A story is wrapped up in a way that completes the theme. And your theme was and Existential Choice. We choose our paths, we choose our goals, we choose our purpose. It matters also the willpower, the desire, and the strength to see it through. The few reapers being alive and self aware, and now just dwelling in the shadows, a monster with its claws removed but still sharpened fangs. A constant reminder and fear. A broken people made whole, surviving hardship and war to make their stand and finally, their peace. And a man, a hero, that survived it all, but not whole, not clean, not sane, but while not unbroken, he was broke so much and then reforged stronger each time. Now, the final reforging is spent. The blade is no longer fit to fight. But it can sit in its place of honor and it will remind those that see it that that was the blade that struck into the heart of evil, and conquered it. this was a good tale. I am made all the better for it. A thousand thanks won't be enough, so accept these choice words and I hope the find you well.
Aust Sakura Kyzor chapter 43 . 11/16/2016
I haven't anything to say other than thank you
Xenopsyche chapter 43 . 11/16/2016
Absolutely fantastic work. Not much mroe to say really, other than that your little series is easily one of, if not *the* best piece of Mass Effect literature out there. Your work inspired me to start my own writing, and I can barely begin to thank you for that, either.

All the best with your future projects!
BJ Hanssen chapter 42 . 11/14/2016
Finishing this chapter at work was a mistake. Holding back tears, here!

This is so much better an ending than canon. And I love that you came to essentially the same conclusion I have: The Reapers are shackled AI. They are static, incapable of further development or adaptation, controlled by Harbinger's singular will suppressing all essence of those beings that went into their creation. That is the core of how they function as a unified force, and it is also their greatest weakness.

Kudos!
aRandomNoob chapter 42 . 11/13/2016
Tairis Deamhan, thank you so much for sticking with this and taking us on this journey you crafted. Your work is amazing, and I will certainly be missing this story.
Best,
aRandomNoob
Anime obsessed fan chapter 42 . 11/12/2016
And so it ends. Talk about a scorched earth policy, that would be even worse than the destroy ending for the geth and EDI, but still somewhat logical. Of course, the game ignored possibilities like that to focus on the Crucible. I just like your version of the ending way, way more than the actual game. And no stupid kid or Catalyst!

Sad to see the deaths along the way, but at least all of them were epic. Not to mention your version of what the Crucible did feels more... natural than the endings we actually got. Nice way of integrating the extended ending bits too.

I'm really going to miss this fic, its been one of the best I've read. The Mass Effect games are great, of course, but this fic makes their story so much better. Thank you for the great journey, looking forward to the epilogue.
JukedSolid chapter 42 . 11/12/2016
What a wild ride this has been! I have followed this story for years now, and it's finally coming to a close. I think the crucible's new function is excellent. A perfect insult that the "perfect creation" should be foiled by the simplest method. I just want to thank you for sticking with the series even when the interest in the story has long since waned. It's been a pleasure. All the best to you wherever life might lead.
-JukedSolid
Murus chapter 42 . 11/11/2016
The Ending of Mass Effect 3 as it should have been! I have high hopes for the epilogue :)

All in all, this story has been an amazing ride. I loved some of your ideas... how you fleshed out the rachni was interesting for instance, but that's just one example.

Keep on writing. Would be nice to read more fanfics (or fully original works, for that matter) written by you.

"You did good, son. I'm... so proud of you." ;)
Kel chapter 42 . 11/10/2016