Reviews for Razor's Edge: Requiem
WatchesTheVoid chapter 42 . 11/9/2016
Words can not express how much I love this entire story. This is mass effect 3 as it should have been.
Fez8745 chapter 42 . 11/9/2016
Damn, Ninja's cutting Onions...
I had to put on the OST - I'm so Proud of you, during this chapter.
This was such a heavy scene in ME:3.
great update, Keep up the fantastic work.
lambo105 chapter 42 . 11/8/2016
I'm actually not certain how to feel here. The ending was better than Bioware's as far as not leaving the entire galaxy's fighting force to die in the Sol system because the relays were trashed, or all synthetics to die because of the only obvious choice. You still left us wondering what happened to the Normandy crew(well, some of them anyway)and Shepard's last gasping breath as in the destroy ending. I certainly hope the epilogue comes to the rescue...
Rapter267 chapter 42 . 11/8/2016
... I kind of feel like there is some kind of void now. Or at least, there will be once the epilogue is out. I remember when I first picked up on this, lord help me it feels like a lifetime ago.
rangersleadtheway chapter 42 . 11/8/2016
And we draw close to the ending of one really well written fanfic, while I'm saddened that this will end it has been one hell of a Journey.
Xtrepe Nobody chapter 42 . 11/8/2016
All I can say is well done. You gave an amazing ending to the tale, even better than Bioware's attempts. It was epic and filled with sorrow, and most important of all...IT MADE SENSE. I am glad to have read this and look forward to the epilogue.
Soulofthewyld chapter 42 . 11/8/2016
Damn, ..You have done something that I did not think possible,you managed to turn the asspull of the crucible,and the ending to ME3,into something that makes an amazing writer,but you have totally outdone it is a rather enjoyable closure,to a very well written tale.
gennai chapter 42 . 11/8/2016
I have to say, that your ending was way more believable than the original one. Excellent work.
Guest chapter 42 . 11/7/2016
So happy to see this chapter come to a close, I've loved every moment of your story from start to finish. Taking a few key moments and tweeking them at the start to then see how those compounded themselves by the end was truly a sight to behold and even if I didn't personally like all of the choices Shepard made in this retelling I still understood and respected each and every decision and why he would have made them given the circumstances, all the way from blowing up Purgatory Station, to setting the Ahab protocol in place. It has been a wild ride since that first chapter and I honestly have to say thank you for every minute of it.
Storylover Vodhr chapter 42 . 11/7/2016
Thank you.
Aust Sakura Kyzor chapter 42 . 11/7/2016
I'm all kinds of emotions right now...

Happy because this is the ending we deserved from the game that we never got.
Sad because this is the end of the story
Worried because Shepard is dying and he is probably ded already and poor Tali!
Angry because this could have been the ending of ME3, but NO. We had to choose between suicide, murder EDI and the geth, or the singularity. Stupid BioWare
CPFMfan chapter 1 . 11/7/2016
I'm sorry, but I forgot to include this note in the review for the last chapter:

"Gladly did I live..."

Was that a reference to Robert Louis Stevenson's "Requiem"? I presume so, given the title. It contained the line:

"Glad did I live and gladly die"

Shepard didn't say the second part of the line... that's foreshadowing his survival, right?

Right?

CPFMfan chapter 42 . 11/7/2016
He's... he's not really dead, is he? He'll be revealed as alive in the epilogue, with he and Tali relaxing on Rannoch? Right?

Please. I've followed this series for five years to see Tali and Shepard get their happy ending. PLEASE don't do this. Please. Especially not after the actual game's ending left us all so empty. :(

Ignoring that, this is a great chapter and great fanfic in general. I'm not going to lie: I actually teared up a bit at that ending, an absolute first for fan fiction. I'm just really sad that this is the end of it bar the epilogue... especially since, as N7 day painfully rubbed in, we'll never see anything on these characters again from Bioware. And with the release of Andromeda soon, it's increasingly unlikely that we'll even see high-quality work from fans of your caliber on these characters, as everyone moves on to Andromeda.

Whatever comes in the epilogue, thank you for this truly great story. It greatly enhanced the default ME experience and actually made me appreciate the series more just by reading it, as any great fan fiction should. If you're done with writing Mass Effect stories, know that, for what it's worth, this was probably the best Mass Effect fan fiction I've ever read.
Xhydralisk chapter 42 . 11/7/2016
Happy N7 Day!

Now THAT is how you make an ending. Terminate program? Hell-fucking-yes. It was so obvious! Reapers were an artificial intelligence led by a single objective, and to let it free itself is leagues above the "Destroy everything" option. Let Bioware hire you on as a writer, and that would forgive everything about the ME3 ending.

This was a wild ride, every single chapter. Thank you for the fic, and let's look forward to what Mass Effect: Andromeda has in store for us.
wsmith27 chapter 42 . 11/7/2016