Reviews for Things you just don't talk about
EyeskaHurtska94 chapter 15 . 7/15
This is real love.

It happened in a day but it was not rushed, or hurried. It was sacred and tender and soft. It was a day but it felt like an extended moment, it felt like forever.

I’ve read books that had good love stories and romance before. There’s tender moments and cute moments and it’s like awww. I’d squeal and giggle but the other parts would be eh. There’d be the other girl trying to be her to get her man, but Shikamaru’s her man. Not Sasuke. And when she lets him go and realizes that she has no grudge against him on the end and she said ‘wish me happiness’... oh, what famous words.

But it’s not until you actually read about real love that you truly feel it. This book has real love in it. And although on a personal level don’t agree with second base until after marriage, I was still able to truly enjoy it.
DiamondHeart21 chapter 1 . 7/1
This is the second time I’ve read this story and it’s still amazing! Ever since I read it the first time this has become one of my top three pairings. And by the way, your author’s note is glorious. Sarcasm-10/10
takenbyheart chapter 15 . 4/7
Omg. This is amazing. Thank you for posting. I honestly have never read ShikaSaku fanfic. This is the first and I must say its one of the best! I’ll definitely be reading ShikaSaku fanfic now onwards.
JL chapter 15 . 3/30
oh my god. i’m crying this is everything i’ve ever wanted in a story. wow i’m at a loss for words it was just so perfect. i’m actually crying right now i stayed up late to read this. it’s so beautiful and real and this is my favorite. thank you.
Lynxgoddess chapter 1 . 3/7
Great story!
This is one seriously amazing story. Well written, interesting dialogue, and wonderful characters. The only thing I found a bit disjointing was the fact that this fic took place within a day or so, but it didn't seem unrealistic, far from it. Genuinely loved every second and sat here reading it until the end! Shikamaru is a favourite of mine at the moment, so thanks for the great read. :)
LemonMeringue77 chapter 1 . 2/19
Like an old friend, I find myself rereading your story. Small forgotten details remembered again. Thank you for this, very well done!
dark-angel-of-the-past chapter 15 . 2/13
Holy crap... after the first chapter or so, their relationship did a complete 180. I felt like I was reading the end of an amazing romance novel. It feels so odd to ship Sakura with anyone else but Shika now... my god, can I marry him instead?
The Pendrifter chapter 1 . 2/5
I don't know where I can start. I discovered your story and then suddenly I was hooked into it! I mostly spent my night reading it and I just finish it. It's truly amazing.
The rhythm is not something usely found in fanfiction but I love the importance of the thoughts which lead to a whole understanding of the things!
That's a favorite the second I read the first chapter.
Nice job for having written such a beautiful story!
Serendipithy chapter 15 . 2/4
I know the chances of you reading this are slim since you haven't updated since 2012, but I wanted to say that this is by far the best ShikaSaku. I'm sure you've already read similar words before. Rereading this story for the second time after many years, there's just so much I feel like I missed the first time around. It was like reading the same story in a new light. It's amazing what you were able to write, expanding a single weekend into an enthralling tale of love and hardship. This is one of the few stories I've read that mention clans and class differences and requested marriages (of all things), and I'm surprised people haven't taken the concept and run off with it as beautifully as you have.

Thank you for writing this story. Hopefully, maybe one day I can find a story as good as yours that explores love between these two. (Or, maybe one day you'll return with a new idea and weave an equally compelling tale... A reader can always wish!)
k.waifu chapter 5 . 1/25
I’ve never read ShikaSaku before and I’m so glad yours is the first. I love their intellectual banter. I love the institutional hierarchy of established clans over smaller, less significant ones like the Harunos. That problem was so believable and tragic, and Shikamaru’s inability to readily accept it was also something I appreciated. Class differences are a very real thing, and you brought that out in the Shinobi World. Additionally, I enjoyed the overall feel of this particular chapter. In the last one, I was sort of overwhelmed by Sakura’s insecurity, but this one made me feel like I was legitimately watching them in the Garden of Eden. Props.
Anonimo chapter 11 . 1/6