Reviews for i blind myself to who, in truth, you are
FoxInBox aka FIB chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Oh my gosh.
I am left nearly speechless in the wake of such a magnificent fic. Your imagery was amazing and the interaction between Natsume and Natori was great. Very realistic and touching. It seemed like it could be a scene straight out of the manga/anime. Also, the hint at parental feelings was really touching. It was cool to find a fic where their relationship is viewed like that, instead of in a romantic light.
The description of Natsume at the end, especially the "(or less human)" bit gave me chills!
I absolutely adore this fic! Wonderful job.
Thank you for posting it here for the rest of us to enjoy! :)
Cute Kirby chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
I read Natsume Yujin-Cho after this fanfic got me curious. I agree that Natori and Natsume don't view youkai in the same light - Natori judges too quickly and Natsume is too naive - but I think they are beginning to see the other's perspective as the story continues (though they may never agree with that view), and they'll balance each other out a bit.
Sarin-sama chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Ooohh I didn't realize that you wrote Natsume fics too! I saw this on your profile and got all excited haha

Very well written - and you've wonderfully described the relationship between Natori and Natsume. A lot of people like to throw in romance with them, but i really can't see it. Natori's stance on Youkai is too different, and i completely agree that he sees Natsume as an estranged child of his that he just can't connect with completely. :) I really loved this - i hope you write more for the fandom in the future hehe
Alyss Penedo chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
This is lovely and descriptive and really worth the read.
It's nice to see you put them, who lie by habit, into a situation where they are honest with each other and have it seem so natural...
This really accents their relationship and I love all the seemingly-irrelavent-but-fits-perfectly things that you wrote in.
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This is nice. I feel a little bad for Natori through. Like this
BeyondMyReach chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Ouch. That was awfully harsh in a subtle way, especially since Natori was being painfully honest with Natsume. It was interesting though. The things they see are basically the same yet Natsume see the good side of youkai while Natori had seen too much to see the same. It was worthwhile, reading this piece.
harunekonya chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
*happy sighs* This is such a lovely fic. I love this relationship you've created, and I completely agree with it. The conflict between Natsume and Natori is only a lesser version to the one he has with Matoba. This fic paints this concept so clearly.
s.lune chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Oh, so hauntingly sweet.

I love this show, and while I've never dived into fanfiction for it, I couldn't resist reading when I saw you'd written one. (Though apparently there's more than the original 2 seasons! I watched this show around 2009, so, I'm sort of behind - I'm rambling)

As usual, the way you wield description is really engaging - it makes me read slower, which is good, because I normally read so fast I don't always have time to sit back and appreciate it. I like your interpretation of Natori's character and his relationship with Natsume, and you always make small details just, like, burst with little profoundness. Haha, nyanko-sensei chasing butterflies and rage-transforming win.

Ok, this is much longer than I intended. It's sort-of early morning for me, when I'm most likely to babble and not let me shyness prevent me from commenting. Loved it! And I'm really psyched for your latest One Piece venture.
97 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012