Reviews for House arrest, lite
Aralas Baggins chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Feels!
AwesomeGaySidekick chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
...darn you. Why must you be so amazing? I'm getting distracted by your awesome stories, which I do not often do with fanfiction. Fantastic representation of the whole "House arrest" idea. Thank you for the entertaining tale. .
Maakason chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
that was so sad!(but so beautiful too.) Awesome job!
seaoftrouble chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Uhhhhhhg, then end just kills me. I'm such a sucker for angsty romance. I love this story so very much.

Your stories are like crack. I need to pace myself so I don't overdose on awesomeness.
jessytemple chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
nice fic! one more chap? ;) hope there's more awake-Alaric parts..
T.J. Wise chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Amazing and heartbreaking in equal amounts! I love how human and vulnerable Damon is. How we can see his soul in 3d. Alaric's Jekyll and Hyde is played to perfection. Even Stefan's 5 seconds of fame were delectable! Fab stuff.
Taylor La Rue chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Wow. You wrote a dark, angsty but loving fic. I like how you weaved dialogue from the show into your writing. Separating Alaric and the Thing was great and made it easy to picture each as separate entities. I could imagine Damon caring for 'this human' like this day in and day out. I can't help but feel sad at the possibility of Damon having to kill Alaric to put the Thing to rest. But, then I could imagine the Thing just going to find another host, Jeremy.
character-absquatulation chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
This is delightful, dark enough, perfect. I don't think the series is handling anything well this season, so I'm thrilled that you're revising things. Thanks!
UglyTruth chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
So beautifully written. Especially your splitting of Alaric into himself and the Thing - I thought that was brillinat. And Damon's unapologetic desperation and determination to get him through. It's such realistic struggle that I was absolutely engaged by. Everyone was in character and believable. It's such a fantastic read. Thanks for sharing :)
KhrisCHAN chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Amazing. Great writing and all the characters stayed true to themselves. I love Dalarick fics, thanks for this! 3
FlyingPigMonkey chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
loved! so dark, but sweet. kinda left it open for a follow-up though...maybe someday?
pencil-origami chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
oh my, this is heart rending. hard times but tender. I love the scene where, presumably for the first time, Damon unself consciously drops a kiss on Alaric in front of Elena. I also like Elena's understated strength and comfort here as well. And the claustrophobic feeling that is conveyed as Damon is tethered to Alaric and his loft, where others just drop in and out of the up sleeping Alaric is really saddening. I like that there is no resolution as well. Oh and how vampire blood provides no solution. Ok, maybe it is not accurate to say I like all these things as I have, but rather they make me feel stuff, sad stuff, and a bit of hopelessness. It's all tears before bedtime.
starzee chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Aww that's really sad :( It's like he's just getting worse and worse and the end will inevitably come. Hope you do a follow up :)
Zynali chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
This is so powerful and sad. Poor Damon - and Ric, of course, but especially Damon. I love how determined and desperate he is in this story. Speaking of desperation, I desperately want you to write a second chapter with a resolution, one way or the other ;) I prefer a happy ending, but I think tragic could work with this story, too.

As a Damon-Alaric fan (whether friendship or more), I'm very ambivalent about the possessed-Alaric storyline on the show. It's giving him a real storyline and Matt Davis some interesting material, but I'm so afraid it's going to end with Alaric's death. And I still don't like Meredith, so still hoping she turns out to be evil somehow...
afanoftvd chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
"Vicious, but not very vicious;"

"Damon's heart doesn't soar because that is not the sort of thing Damon's heart does"

Love your use of words and imagery throughout this piece.

Really like the vulnerability with which you describe Damon beginning with the bedside vigil and especially the huge mental lapse in not checking absolutely everywhere for weapons. His physical and emotional exhaustion is tangible and never so obviously more so than when a hug from Elena and the appearance of his brother affect him so profoundly.

Like the cool dispassion and keen intellect with which you portray Stefan and the barest hint in his actions that perhaps there is some compassion in him.

Image of the Thing waking up countless nights and sharpening weapons was very creepy. Seems the Thing is an actual individual that has taken over Alaric's body. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Very appropriate that Damon's act of love would be the one thing that pulls Alaric back.

Despite the bleakness of the circumstances I cannot help but feel this story is infused with a sense of hope as frail as it might be.

Think you definitely have enough material here for a second chapter.

Amazing writing.