Reviews for This House Is Not A Home
EHfan chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
A sad story, but you could tell that Mick was/is a man who had some sorrows in his past. I especially liked your having Mick realize that as sad as his grandparent's deaths were, that wasn't the worst way to lose someone. My heart ached to learn that he had lost touch with his sisters. (Why do I just know that dreadful Dorothy had something to do with the letter being returned?).

I also feel that it was a very realistic act on the part of Mick to sell the house the way he did. It wasn't home anymore, as you said in the title - it was now just a house and one that was more of a burden than a blessing to him. Also in character that he wasn't worried about getting the most money he could - he only wanted enough to finance his leaving.

Good job all around.
Brit-bound chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
It is, of course, my fault entirely - I should have known better than to read this at work. But now my eyelashes are wet and spikey and my eyes are red-rimmed and my nose is dripping and I'm no good for anything - except I desperately need to hold Mick and comfort him.

Oh dear. I though writing about Tom dying was the most emotional I could get; but reading about Mick's grief is almost as hard. He's just so alone and you painted that picture in such telling colors, setting him up for needing Evelyn so badly. I remember his face in the rain at the train station and see a slightly younger version of it at the graveside of his grandmother.

You broke my heart for the sweet boy - once again. Thank you for the sweet tears - but please don't make me shed any more for a while.

(Still loving the organ music, but I'll have to be careful what I listen to today. It will most likely have to be from the "fun" one.)

I'm doing some very serious writing for a big project and some very short fun writing for another site and missing fanfiction dreadfully, but there are only so many hours in the day. maybe soon - meantime, I love reading yours.

Be blessed, Glenda
RooFran411 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Poor Mick, when is anything going to go right for him? Beautifully written! well Done!
anyother chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Another beautiful piece of Mick's life - very well written! I feel for him, it's so much he has to go through. I hope you'll help him find some happiness sometime soon! His gran's very funny - I liked her remark about the seahorse tattoo.